Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Better late than never, eh?

Hope you guys had a good one and didn't eat too much.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I am very thankful for Canadians! Bon appetite.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

pophead2k wrote:I am very thankful for Canadians!
Ditto that!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Happy Canucksgiving!
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

thanks guys...I was going to start this very thread but the tryptophan and wine got to me first! I had a pretty quiet weekend (lots of school work to do) but managed to cook a mean turkey dinner.

...my parents in Newfoundland opted to eat a moose heart instead of turkey :shock:

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

little martinet wrote:...my parents in Newfoundland opted to eat a moose heart instead of turkey :shock:
Ewww, no thanks. Hope they cooked it first! :wink:
little martinet

Post by little martinet »

yeah, it's actually baked with stuffing inside! Kinda gross, I know. It's actually pretty good once you get past the fact that you're eating <i>a heart!</i>
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

little martinet wrote:yeah, it's actually baked with stuffing inside! Kinda gross, I know. It's actually pretty good once you get past the fact that you're eating <i>a heart!</i>
I don't think I could get past that. :shock:
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Since I'll be missing out on my family's US Thanksgiving in November, I'm very thankful for Canadian Thanksgiving. :D
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Thanks. We had turkey on Sunday night. My family usually does Thanksgiving on Sunday night because then it's not a work night and no one is in a hurry to get home. Last night Red & I went to see a kick-ass Paul McCartney concert.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bobster

Post by bobster »

And Blue points the innate superiority of U.S. Thanksgiving...all bow before the power of our mighty four day Thursday holiday!(and the only four days off in a row that many North Americans actually get!!)

Of course, I'd personally take the three day Thanksgiving weekend in exchange for some decent social policy and health insurance, but that's just me being a wacky insane moonbat who is sooo out of the mainstream.

And, oh yeah, Happy Tuesday-after-Thanksgiving, Canada!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

One of my job perks is getting an extra day off for every 3-day weekend, so I had Friday off as well as Monday... which was nice. :)
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Damn you Blue for your choice of living in a country where sanity prevails!!!!!

In my office, before a holiday weekend, the boss has an interesting policy. He closes down early and we all get to go home early. And he gets to not pay us. What a deal.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

In my school district, we get the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off. Some districts get the whole week. Thn there's the 2 weeks at Christmas, the week in the Spring, the long Easter weekend, the assorted other long weekends (like this past weekend, for which we got Friday off completely and Monday was teachers' meetings). Did I mention summers?

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving to Canadians. What's the Thanksgiving myth in Canada?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

It's basically to celebrate the harvest, but also "friendship" with natives. So in that sense it's much like your thanksgiving.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I still say it's just stolen from US Thanskgiving :wink:

It has it's own story, sort of - but on reading up on it a few sites said that the customs are much the same as US Thanksgiving (Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, etc) because a lot of loyalists moved up to Canada after we broke ties with Britian, bringing the Thanksgiving customs with. Heh.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hope you all had a happy family day!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!