Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

That's very funny! I think this is all technically possible now, and Collina would look right cloned repeatedly.

WSS: no Wengerishness, I just didn't see it! All I saw was about half a second on the sodding BBC news.

Next for mighty Macedonia!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

After Scotland's dismal defeat to the not-so-might Deutschland, I've retreated to Championship Manager on the PC...it's safer there.

Looking forward to the Champs Lge this year, the visits of Bayern, Man U and Olympique Lyonnais to Mother Glasgow is an exciting prospect....am off to the Rangers game v Stuttgart on Tuesday, so should see some nice football!
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

A happy day all round yesterday, no? Well, except for Gilli, the Doofster, LC and SoL. A 1-1 draw against Portsmouth? Ouch.
Otis Westinghouse

I love that result so much!

And Ruudie totally outshone Henry in fantasy points!

Absurd day for penalties. Blatant Pires dive, but what about the Saints one? I mean, there wasn't even any contact in the penalty area, let alone cause for a penalty. Totally, totally outrageous. There must be a way such hopeless decisions can be overruled there and then, this is just childish.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

The referees have been shocking so far this season. A lot of very poor decisions. I missed the games, as I was in Montreal for the weekend, but saw the highlights on TV last night.

That Lucas Neill tackle was brutal.

One more thing - MUTU! MUTU! MUTU!!!!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Ha,ha,ha,ha....ho,ho,ho,ho,ho..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arsenal 0 Inter 3.....

Champions League wannabes!!

At least we Spurs fans know our place. Mid-table mediocrity is still obtainable this season. :oops:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Same old Arsenal, always crap against ball playing sides. I am beginning to think they're a one trick pony! (ok, albeit a very skillfull footballing pony)

Gaaaa... can't believe Celtic lost though...they woz robbed!!! After yesterday's good result for Rangers, Chels and ManYoo I thought that tonight might have been another point in case....alas!

Who's having a bet that Sunday's ManYoo v Arsenal ends with a heavy victory for Man Utd. It's as sure as there'll be at least 2 sendings off, Ruud Van Nistelrooy will score, Arsene Wenger won't see something, and Alec Ferguson will have a ruddy face whilst chewing with his gob open.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I hope Ranieri and other PL managers were watching that tonight. Stop Arsenal from playing through the middle of the park and you've got them beat. They have no width at all, especially at the Library on that postage-stamp sized pitch. And they are very shaky at the back - mediocre defenders (Sol's been looking awful lately for club and country) and Lehmann is less than spectacular.

Could this be the year we beat them? Probably too much to hope.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
A rope leash

You're not trying.

Post by A rope leash »

This is okay, but it needs more oddball British dialect and drunken soccer-hooligan slurs and epithets.

Don't you think so, Jackson?
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

Leave it with me Rope....I'll work on it and come up with something for the weekend. Now sing along:

"with a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile,
Arsene Wenger is a paedophile..."
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

In response to rope's request...

ENGLAND =

Cor Blimey Guvnor...woz vat a goal? I can't believe these bleedin Ities, stone the crows we aint alf being dun up like kippers! Gordon Bennett, is that Dick Van Dyke over vere?

We should give em a bloody good seeing too, me and the firm just spoke on the dog and are gonna meet up at the apples and pears outside the rose and crown, and we'll give them a frashing!

SCOTLAND =

Och mon! That wiz neverrrr a goal! Jings crivvens hep ma bob....do ya ken that the Cellic lost the night, feckin numpties! Cannae believe that we got a doing by the Jairmans!

Were's ma hingmy...ya ken, ma malkie! We'll gee these bluddy kroots a square to, mess up their coupons...pure magic mon!!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

FUCK
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Indeed Mr Lustre. However, some things are more important than on the field success......

Interesting discussion on Arsenal's plight today on Five Live (Simon Mayo).

Apparently the Gooners are £47 million in debt and the estimated cost of their new pad is now £425 Million :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Apparently in a sterling year, Man Utd may make up to £30 Million.

Question: Who in their right mind (in this footballing age) is going to finance a football stadium that is likely to cost £500 Million pounds ? :(

Things are going belly up for the once mighty gooners. :lol: :lol:

Is David Dein the next Peter Ridsdale ?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Agreed it ain't looking good, the arse have already spent £95m on the new stadium and they haven't started building it yet! It will apparently earn at least £15m extra a year, but that will take a long time to start generating profit, and the £15m probably won't be achieved if we are not competing at the top. It's a bit of a catch 22 situation, either maintain the status quo and accept that they'll always be miles behind the mancs in the money stakes, or plunge everything into the new stadium and risk everything. I've always been in favour of the new stadium but feel that they should be further down the line by now.

I think we will turn it around on the field quickly, and remain manus main challengers in the pl, but fear we won't go much further in the cl. With all the players we have put out on loan (6!!) our squad is looking a bit threadbare, maybe we could take JCole & Lampard on loan? :D
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

There's also NO CHANCE that Arsenal will fill a 60'000 capacity stadium week in/week out. I know there's an 11yr waiting list for a season ticket, etc... but all you have to do is look at the games which are easily accessible., like the FA Cup semi final this year...not sold out!
They'll get 30'000 season ticket holders and the rest will fluctuate depending on who it is... but I can't see a wet wednesday against Sparta Prague inspiring the masses.

Anyone see the stuff about Lpool and Everton sharing a ground? I think this is generally a good idea for teams (excluding Rangers/Celtic of course) in Britain.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Agreed crow.

I know that many Spurs fans would hunt me down and nail my scrotum to the goalposts for suggesting it, but we have to seriously consider ground sharing if we are to compete in the future. Both Spurs and Arsenal could do with the extra revenue and if it's good enough for Milan, it's fine by me.

JM
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

JACKSON!!!! I dont believe you said that!! share with the Arse????? *shudders violently* Now wheres my hammer and nails????? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Oh watching Wolves is so depressing these days....

what else can I say but....

harrumph.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

At least this is a new experience for you....premiership misery has been going on at the Lane for the past 11 years!!

:( :( :(
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Woah, woah is me...
Last edited by laughingcrow on Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

JM - Instead of groundsharing, why don't the Tots just become the feeder team for the Arse? :lol:

Is Hod
No longer God?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Well I see Spurs lost again.....only good bit of news is they are getting rid of Hoddle. Great player shite manager! so who do we try out next then?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

The official odds for the next Totteringham manager are as follows:

5/4 - George Graham
2/1 - David O'Leary
4/1 - Liam Brady
6/1 - Pat Rice
8/1 - Lee Dixon
10/1 - Bruce Rioch
20/1 - Christian Gross
20/1 - Gerry Francis
20/1 - Terry Venables
100/1 - Trevor Brooking

Seriously. the rumour during the weak was Harry Rednapp, but why would he go from a club safely in the top half of the table to a club fighting relegation :lol: .

Nice to see Van Missapenalty today.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I'd like to see El Tel back! :D
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Bruce Rioch! I used to love him. He's the one. Tedious bloody 0-0. Loadsacontroversy. I'm sure Vieira deserved it. What happened to Ruud's hitherto impeccable penalty record? And the fuckers at the fantasy Football league awarded him -2 points, so I've slipped from third to sixth!

Ground sharing is totally standard in Italy, not just at Milan, but Juve/Torino, Genoa/Sampdoria, and I'm sure others. (But not elsewhere, though, apart from Selhurst Park.)

Poor Wolves. Chelsea are looking pretty hot right now, ain't they?