Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Amazing results! Savage really is a scumbag. He managed to get Rip sent off by pure play-acting, being stretchered off when there was nothing wrong with him, and he had gone into the tackle with the same approach as Rio, if anything a little more physically. What ashite result for Utd, we may have put them out of the Carling, but they've beaten us twice this season. The comedy mix-up between Rio and VDS was truly embarrassing, and Utd defended like a pub team. Vidic is meant to be the new Japp Stam, but doesn't look like he'll ever be the new Mikael Silvestre. At least Arse lost too, and Chelsea drew, and at least Henry got awarded that goal, quite rightly, my captain, you see.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

And 10-man Brum managed a draw with Liverpool. That one shocked me. I had to take off early from work to get my kids at school and thought for sure that Liverpool had all three points in the bag.

Chelsea not really very good at the moment, but everybody else is falling to pieces.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Villa are the Jekyll and Hyde of the prem. We drew 0=0 with them recently and they never had a shot. They were clearly only at WHL to 'park the bus' and come away with a point. They were great last night and gave Chelsea a real match.
corruptio optimi pessima
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

:lol: S.Cumball has 'mental' problems. And there was me thinking it was just 'too many pie' problems. How much is he paid to be fit?

I believe in the idea of Karma more and more as I get older.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

As Alan Hansen has observed, no way can he got to the World Cup and play like that.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:As Alan Hansen has observed, no way can he got to the World Cup and play like that.
Not like the brilliant Rio. Glorious looping header over his own keeper.
Otis Westinghouse

Well if he does that in Germany, we're fucked. God it was painful. And Wes Brown's pointless penalty give-away. Sounded on the radio like Blackburn could well have had one given against them for similar reasons, so of course we should have made it 4-4. Well we should have won 4-1 really, but that's another matter.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:Well if he does that in Germany, we're fucked. God it was painful. And Wes Brown's pointless penalty give-away. Sounded on the radio like Blackburn could well have had one given against them for similar reasons, so of course we should have made it 4-4. Well we should have won 4-1 really, but that's another matter.
How do you figure that? I watched it and ManU looked poor.

And Terry should have been called for handball in the Villa match (with a clear penalty on Robben going the other way). Bad night for England defenders.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Ledley's the most consistent central defender around............but then I'm biased. :wink:
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Who Shot Sam? wrote:How do you figure that? I watched it and ManU looked poor.
We were shite. I mean Man Yoo should be beating a teamlike Blackburn 4-1, not losing twice to them in one season. Then again, they gave a good account of themselves, and fair dues to Bentley for heroics.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:Ledley's the most consistent central defender around............but then I'm biased. :wink:
Thought he was crocked.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

He's carrying an injury. But he's playing so well this season. I have hardly seen him put a foot wrong.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Poor Sol. I feel very sorry for him. I'm dreading some awful news.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I reckon Man Utd will beat Fulham 4-2 today.
Last edited by Jackson Monk on Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Three points again. Phew. We rule.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Drogba beats Eto'o.
Today's penalties in African Cup Of Nations were great fun.
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Missed the Liverpool match today but ran to the computer when I got home to check the score - 2-0! Lovely - that's the Premier League done and dusted.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Arjen Robben is a child born outside of wedlock.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Arjen Robben is a child born outside of wedlock.
Very stupid move by Reina though. He should have been sent off for the tackle on Gudjohnsen alone.
verbal gymnastics

Robben was just whinging and whining all through the match with the "Who me?" look. Very unsavoury.

Reina was silly but I though Benitez's post match comments were hilarious. He said Robben must have broken his neck and said he was in a hurry to get to the hospital to see Robben as it was so serious that perhaps he'd be out injured for two or three weeks.

Chelsea's pitch was awful and there were some quizzical looks from players whose control repeatedly let them down. I'm not sure what Peter Crouch's excuse was though.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Reina was silly but I though Benitez's post match comments were hilarious. He said Robben must have broken his neck and said he was in a hurry to get to the hospital to see Robben as it was so serious that perhaps he'd be out injured for two or three weeks.
Unfortunately sarcasm doesn't come across very well in Spanish. I think Mr. Potato Head's just a sore loser. They were down by two goals at the time and it should have been three. He was acting as if it was some critical turning point in the match. I'm developing a healthy hatred for Liverpool.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

If there's a better midfielder in the country than Michael Carrick at the moment, I haven't seen him. Even Gerrard and Lampard have looked ordinary recently next to him. As a Spurs fan, I have learned to be nervous when a man in white gets the ball in midfield, but when Carrick gets it, I just sit back and chill - he just holds it up before delivering a pass out of heaven. If Sven and Tord don't select him for the World Cup, they should fuck off early. He's been the most consistent English midfielder and is ideal for the holding role behind Gerard, Lampard and Beckham.

Ps. I see that Sol's found his Olanzapine then!
corruptio optimi pessima
verbal gymnastics

Who Shot Sam? wrote:...They were down by two goals at the time and it should have been three. He was acting as if it was some critical turning point in the match.
I don't think so. I think he was acting in pretty much the same way as any neutral (although he's not of course) football fan would. Have you seen the incident? You can't deny that Robben's reaction was, to be kind, exaggerated.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I don't think so. I think he was acting in pretty much the same way as any neutral (although he's not of course) football fan would. Have you seen the incident? You can't deny that Robben's reaction was, to be kind, exaggerated.
Yes, I saw it replayed about five times on the highlights show. Robben's reaction was over the top and uncalled for, but it doesn't change what I am saying. I think it was a convenient way for Benitez to deflect criticism from what looked to be a pretty poor Liverpool performance, and the incident had no effect on the outcome of the match.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

:arrow:
Last edited by laughingcrow on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.