Wake up you footy fans!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Doesn't sound like it was that easy for them. It would be bizarre if they went out to Villarreal having beaten Barça. Fair dues to Depor, cracking result. Chelsea and them could be good. I love La Coruña and the fact that Depor have carved out a niche in European football in recent years (even if the bastards have, on occasion, given MU a hard time). I would love to see Chelsea win it, though. The real question, of course, is should I sign Henry for the double Arsenal fixture this weekend, or will he not play 2 games? A real risk, and I'm top of the league (thanks to my inspired choice of Shearer as captain last week). If I sign him and he's on the bench, or not even there I'll be mortified. Chances are Arsenal will do all they can to play him as they need to prove they won't go from treble to fuckall.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

C'MON THE POOL!!!!! :lol: :lol:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

What a sad person you are when your football enjoyment comes from another team's hiccups/losses/bottlejobs. The average th fan now has publicly given up all hope of ever getting near winning anything ever again (privately they still think that with the right manager they can reproduce their glory day). Arsenal's season is still successful, being one of the top eight clubs in europe is ok, getting to the semi final of the facup would rate as an achievement for most clubs, and being top of the league ain't bad. I'm happy with our position, just pissed off because we lost to the fucking chelski scum fuckers. A lot of so called pundits wrote Arsenal off this season and were predicting a ManU Chelsk battle for the premiership it is only because the Arse have gone so well that all the jealous bastards are loving their current 'demise'. I'm as sad as you jdm, I love to see th & Liverpool lose despite neither of them being a threat, and good losers just piss me off (get angry Otis!!).

I hope Monaco do Chelski good.
I hope 'pool get a big backlash today, and.........
of course I would also just love it (said with keeganesque passion) if Everton give Totteringham a good pasting today.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Jackson Doofster

you are of course quite right SLL.....and i admire your honesty.

If Spurs ever reach the heights that Arsenal (briefly) reached up until last week, you know only too well that you would be dancing on the grave of the cockerel from a great height if we capitulated like you have done yet again....(we play it safe...stick to 12th each year and never get dizzy :lol: ) In 1982, Spurs were chasing the treble of the league, FA Cup and cup winners cup. We ran out of steam and struggled to beat QPR in the cup final. The shit I took from gooners in my locality was damn painful.....your lot are as sad as we are.
We just have more to be sad about than you at the moment.

It is a sad indictment of modern day THFC that the greatest pleasure I can gleen from the season is seeing your smarmy manager's face looking like it did on Tuesday night.....but no less enjoyable for it :lol:

I make no apology....When Winger, Keown and Arse-Sol come out with arrogant statements about going unbeaten all year and being 'like Brazil' they deserve all they get.....too much countin of the chickens (Hercule Poirot - 1973)

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would enjoy watching Chelsea and Man Utd win so much...

Finally, a little humble comment.....

Arsenal have played some beautiful football this year and Henry is just awesome....the best player in premiership history (although i think it's close between him and Shearer). They should win the league, but well...we'll see - it is not their 'right' as nWinger seems to believe (they're winning 3-2 as I type). C'Mon Scousers!!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Jackson Doofster on Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
Jackson Doofster

PS.....Although we have a great record against Everton.....they need the points and we are shit away from WHL.....I agree withb your prediction. However, I wish that people would stop picking on that nice Mr Taricco :lol: :lol:
Jackson Doofster

4-2 now.....gotta admire your balls (not literally of course)....
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Thanks for nothing 'Pool. Houllier, start preparing your CV.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

So what job do think Houllier might be good at then?

I think he would be a good pantomime dame :lol: .

C'MON THE BORO :!: :lol:
Otis Westinghouse

so lacklustre wrote:good losers just piss me off (get angry Otis!!)
Not sure what there is for me to get angry about. I would have been last Saturday, but I was in football heaven. The weird thing today is that I was totally mental with pleasure when Henry got his hat-trick. Why? Well, I suppose if there was a ludicrous Arsenal demise and a massive MU surge and an erratic Chelsea, we might get the double, but I know that that won't happen, so I can base it on something other. I had some very difficult decisions to make this morning, which heralded gameweek 32, with loads of my players out through injury, and Rae suspended for two weeks. After my mammoth points haul from Shearer last weekend, I had to really decide if I should back Henry as a captain for the double Arsenal fixture, re-sign RVN, stick to Shearer, or whatever. I decided Henry would be probably playing a full game and hungrier than ever, so signed him for the first time all season. So that hat-trick was fabulous news. Yes, the sad fact is that fantasy emotions have overtaken 'real' ones. I've prided myself by climbing to the top of a league where the only other team without Henry was the bottom placed one, run by, of course, a Spurs fan. but now I'm top, I have to be very careful, so if signing Henry is what it takes, I'll do it. So I'm not angry, I'm smiling.

I reckon the frequenters of this thread (er, me, SLL, GB, JMD, WSS, LC, and maybe we can rope in one or two others for the autumn who are into the Premiership) should participate in a league for next season on the fantasy.premierleague.com site. You can enter the one team in as many leagues as you wish, so you can encourage friends, colleagues, etc. to do the same with other leagues. I'll raise this nearer the time and give interested people instructions. For footie-loving webheads like us lot, it's heaven, and if youre real team are doing badly, you can still get a massive kick out of the Premiership!
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Indeed Henry is in my FFL side and I too was rather delighted by his hat-trick...would have been better if Steve Finnan had scored 4 for Liverpool though... :lol:

The Spurs defence was back to it's keystone cops best last night....or should I say that Gary Doherty was

I actually found myself laughing loudly as he lunged into tackle after tackle, giving away 2 of the freekicks that led to Everton goals. He is a serious liability. If anyone has not seen the passage of play that led to to see the second free-kick, do yourself a favour and go out of your wy to see it. Uttterly fantastic in it's awfulness.

How can David Pleat retain his job with such consistently woeful signings, team selection and tactics ? He has hidden behind the 'director of football' title, but is the the common denominator over the past few years. He must be putting Daniel Levy in touch with some of his 'street' associates - i cannot understand it otherwise.
corruptio optimi pessima
Otis Westinghouse

Damn, it was on Premiership Plus, I think, and I missed it. I guess it will be shown tonight - will make a point of seeing that. Good to see you can retain a rum sense of humour over such a display!

Did you say before you were in the Telegraph FFL, or the same as me? If the latter, who's winning? I was c. 6,500 out of 300,000 at the last count. Not bad, eh! And I probably bragged above that for the month of Feb I was 182 out of 284,000. That was largely due to making Forssell captain for a double match week for Brum when he scored in both games. It's bizarre cos the number of teams increases playing throughout the whole season, as indicated above. I can only think there are people who create new teams every month to create mini-competitions. Very odd.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

SOLACKLUSTRE: Awwww common! If the shoe were on the other foot and it was spurs doing well and the Arse struggling (go with me on this one im dreaming here! :lol: ) Don't tell me you wouldn't be revelling in it??? Its traditional man !!! Anyway take it all with a pinch of salt and in the spirit it's meant - we dont really mean it - we are yanking your chain! Im glad to see any British club doing well!

Arsenal are a fine team ....and thats the last time as a Spurs woman i'm ever going to mutter that!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Gilli, thanks for your kind thoughts as always, but try reading my post again (all of it) as I was agreeing with jdm not critisising him. Football has lots of hate and it's one of the things that sets it apart from other sports.

If you all hate Tottenham clap your hands!!

By the way you are now below Everton in the table and the bottom clubs have started to hit some form.............
John

Post by John »

Well done the Blues last night. Three more points should hopefully keep us up. Some interesting scores today. City were somewhat fortunate against Wolves.
Looking at the league table as most Everton fans have regarded as a second job for the last eleven years shows it getting a bit tight at the bottom. I think everyone from Bolton (12th) down are still in a fight - although it doesn't look good for Wolves and Leicester.
I tuned in to Talk Sport tonight to hopefully listen to some cricket but they had some reporter on saying that Jeffers has returned to Arsenal after a bust-up with David Moyes. Apparently he wasn't happy about not being picked even with Campbell, Ferguson and Rooney not available. Moyes picked McFadden to play as a striker for the first time ahead of Jeffers.
Franny Jeffers seems to becoming a wasted talent and has made very little of a good oppotunity this season.
If he has returned to Arsenal (there isn't anything on text or Everton's website) that would leave us with just one massively expensive wasted talent.
Otis Westinghouse

John: another candidate for the 04-05 EC fans fantasy league. I can't wait. Just gotta see if I collect £50 for winning the works 03-04 league. I've already made £15 for being manager of the month three times, so I've already made a £5 profit. Compulsive stuff or what? Extra fun to be had from the fact that we all support different teams, apart from the huddle of Spurs fans (or should that be the 'hoddle'? - a more suitable collective name).

Yes, today was amazing. Fair dues to Wright-Philips, but I was so looking forward to Wolves doing a double against Man Shitty. And can Leeds do it? it's going to be exciting. MU may get second yet, as well. MU can't catch Arse, I therefore nominate Henry for another hat-trick tomorrow, if you please, and an assist or two, if not a goal as well, from Toure.
Otis Westinghouse

John: another candidate for the 04-05 EC fans fantasy league. I can't wait. Just gotta see if I collect £50 for winning the works 03-04 league. I've already made £15 for being manager of the month three times, so I've already made a £5 profit. Compulsive stuff or what? Extra fun to be had from the fact that we all support different teams, apart from the huddle of Spurs fans (or should that be the 'hoddle'? - a more suitable collective name).

Yes, today was amazing. Fair dues to Wright-Philips, but I was so looking forward to Wolves doing a double against Man Shitty. And can Leeds do it? it's going to be exciting. MU may get second yet, as well. MU can't catch Arse, I therefore nominate Henry for another hat-trick tomorrow, if you please, and an assist or two, if not a goal as well, from Toure.
Jackson Doofster

Otis....I'm in a works FFL using the Telegraph Format.

I think that they enter us in the Telegraph league as well, but I've never checked. At present I'm at a season high of 19th out of 65.

My team is:

GODDLE'S UNDERPANTS

Friedel (nightmare signing)
Finnan
Desailly
O'Shea

Holland
Dalmat
Giggs

Henry
Van Nistleroy
Macken
John

Post by John »

Very adventurous team, Jackson.
Three strikers and Giggs in midfield and only ten players in total? :?
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Jackson Doofster sends his apologies to Brum fans....

Forgot Matthew Upson in defence. :oops:
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

So Chelsea may be getting Becks huh? Gawd everyone is getting a piece of him at the moment,!! Am I the only woman who hasn't had him???:lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Can't we keep that degrading nonsense out of this thread? They showed the NOTW, or was it The Sun, on a news report last night, and the first 8,9 or more even pages were dedicated to this pathetic tosh. Are they going to do this during the Euro, just to spice (boom, boom) things up a bit? And look at what's going on in the world right now. Incredible Osasuna victory, though. Madrid have gone tits up, this week.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

OTIS: My partner has a theory that its all a ploy to ruin our chances in the Euro - like they tried to scupper Bobby Moore for the world cup. His argument falls pretty flat when you consider England dont need anyone to scupper them - they always win jack shit anyway! :roll:

Iv'e no sympathy for Becks - he set himself up on a pedderstool as 'Mr Perfect Family Man - oh im so in love with my perfect wife' now he has to ride with the punches. Anyone who sits on a throne at his wedding ceremony is due to be taken down a peg! :?
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Otis Westinghouse

Yeah, he's milked it for all it's worth, but I would love to see him win a huge court case over those fools. At least he has professional dignity.
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

I've always liked the bloke....good luck to him.
corruptio optimi pessima
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

JACKSON: He is an ace footballer of that there is no doubt! I just think he should have had some thought for the hell his family is being put through. These players KNOW that these tarts are going to (pardon my pun) blow the whistle on them for the big bucks and fame.

Just goes to show men think with their plonkers! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!