craigslist

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
miss buenos aires

craigslist

Post by miss buenos aires »

I posted a brand-new pair of sneakers for sale (excellent deal, if any of you ladies are a size 8 ) and this is the only response I got:
Dear seller,
I got your item that you want to sale and i have interest in it to buy in which i will pay in cash which i will forward my credit card to you which you will charge it immediately effect and you will hlep me forward my item to the place i want to send it to.
bobster

Post by bobster »

Nice to know e.e. cummings is alive and on-line.
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Seems perfectly clear to me MBA!
miss buenos aires wrote:(excellent deal, if any of you ladies are a size 8 )
Don't discriminate MBA - there may be men amongst us who might want to buy them for themselves.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
marblefaun

Post by marblefaun »

In case you haven't figured it out yet..just disregard that message. Those are bogus messages that are routinely sent out after you post on Craigslist. I don't how they get through but it seems to be an automated response in an effort to rip you off.
What kind of kicks are you selling?
miss buenos aires

Well, I figured MORGAN KEN didn't want to pay for my "item" with both credit and cash even though he/she "has interest in it to buy," but no one else wrote me, so I am sad.

MF, they are really cute sneaks, purple suede Pumas. I wore them (outside) for about half a day before I realized that that half a size (I wear 8 1/2) really can make a difference. Are you a size 8? Are you interested?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Purple suede Pumas! Couldn't you exchange them for 9s at the shop?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

If only they were a half-size too large for you rather than a half-size too small.... though I spose you might not sell them then!
marblefaun

Post by marblefaun »

I was looking for a pair of "speed cats" for my neice but I don't she'd wear purple ones. I wear a size 10 myself.
Those Pumas run a size small so a size 9 would probably be perfect for you.
miss buenos aires

Maybe you don't understand how procrastinatory I am...I bought them 2 months ago! You have two weeks to exchange. And they probably wouldn't take them back anyway, as I wore them outside.

Spread the word...size 8 purple suede Pumas...cheap!
marblefaun

Post by marblefaun »

I would clean them up as good as possible and take them back to the store and say you got them as a gift and that they aren't the right size. I think you have a good chance of getting them exchanged for a different size...it's not like you're asking them for money back!
C'mon girl! Where's your NY chutzpah??!
miss buenos aires

But I bought another pair of sneaks somewhere else, and would rather have the money at this point!