Pitchfork (Heart) R. Kelly

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Pitchfork (Heart) R. Kelly

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

If they had a shred of credibility left, the good folks at Pitchfork have lost even that now. R. Kelly's abysmal new album has been rated higher than Eels' magnificent Blinking Lights. I shit you not:

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-re ... /tp3.shtml

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-re ... ions.shtml

If you want a little sample of just how terrible the R. Kelly disc is, listen to the almost laughably bad "Trapped In The Closet".
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I think R. Kelly is shit but it seems like a few people whose taste I trust actually love the guy... doesn't really make sense for me, but hey, what do I know?

Being There is getting ready to drive the last nail through the coffin that is Pitchfork.

Funny thing is, before I started Being There I hadn't even *heard* of Pitchfork.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

BlueChair wrote: Being There is getting ready to drive the last nail through the coffin that is Pitchfork.
(Doing my best Kruschev) We will bury you!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

BlueChair wrote:I think R. Kelly is shit but it seems like a few people whose taste I trust actually love the guy...
Not underage I hope.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Branst

Post by Branst »

The song "Pink & Blue" he wrote on Andre's portion of Speakerboxx/The Love Below is really good. I haven't heard too much by him to really judge. I did see his new video where he was trapped in a closet and thought it was pretty interesting even though the music was generic R&B to my ears.