Batman

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
ice nine

Batman

Post by ice nine »

Just returned from seeing this movie and it is phenomenal. All the actors are terrific, the villians are villianous, the story is well told, Gotham City seems like a real city, the action scenes are fast and furious, and the sets and the effects are spectacular. I think it is better than the past Batman and superhero movies. The movie expains how and why Bruce Wayne took on the Batman personae. The whole thing works!

An aside: The published pamphlete about the making of the movie and interviews with the actors had a list of what is on Katie Holmes' Ipod (a tie-in sweepstakes because they are giving a Shuffle away with her playlist). Here they are:
The Scientist - Coldplay
The Blower's Daughter, Cannonball - D. Rice
Jack & Diane - J.C. Mellencamp
Crazy In Love - Beyonce
Drive My Car - Beatle
Beautiful Day - U2
Take Me W/U - Prince
Ordinary People - John Legend
Senorita, Rock Your Body - J. Timberlake
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Batman

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

ice nine wrote:An aside: The published pamphlete about the making of the movie and interviews with the actors had a list of what is on Katie Holmes' Ipod (a tie-in sweepstakes because they are giving a Shuffle away with her playlist). Here they are:
The Scientist - Coldplay
The Blower's Daughter, Cannonball - D. Rice
Jack & Diane - J.C. Mellencamp
Crazy In Love - Beyonce
Drive My Car - Beatle
Beautiful Day - U2
Take Me W/U - Prince
Ordinary People - John Legend
Senorita, Rock Your Body - J. Timberlake
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
L. Ron Hubbard - Dianetics as read by Tom Cruise
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that "Katie Holmes' iPod playlist" was thought up by some cross-promotion expert and focus-grouped to within an inch of its life.
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

My boyfriend dragged me to the midnight showing, and I have to admit that I was amazed. And all the happiness didn't come from seeing Christian Bale shirtless (though...uh...yeah. That helped). Liam Neeson was a bad ass, Rutger Hauer found a new way to be sleazy and evil, Morgan Freeman was cool in a dadlike way, and Michael Caine totally gave new life to Alfred with his cockney drawl. If it weren't for the fact that it was 2:30am when the damn thing ended, I would have been as excited as my honey was.

Oh, yeah. Christian Bale. Shirtless. Yeah.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

MBA wrote -
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that "Katie Holmes' iPod playlist" was thought up by some cross-promotion expert and focus-grouped to within an inch of its life.
I was thinking the same thing as I read the playlist.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.