Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

And moral relativists. Lot's of 'em. Ms. Mug, I appreciate the compliment.

You guys are just too learned for me. My messages are crystal clear, but defamed because the message is 'uncomfortable'...it doesn't make everyone 'feel good'. So instead of addressing the issues that are raised, just attack the writing style of the messenger. That, to me, is the epitome of intellectual laziness...lambast the messenger but don't address the content of the message. Just throw a few witty barbs and verbal jabs (is that garbage verbiage???) and have a laugh.

Meanwhile, would someone other than lawngnome have the courage to actually make a point, as I did? Or does the left/liberal sport consist of name-calling and derrogation only, and fail to embrace the real issues. Someone will caption that, and ask back "so Mr. A, what are the real issues???" That is part of the sport. Ignore the posts that describe the issues, then challenge the poster to repeat it. Incredible.

Lawngome, I appreciate your post and the honesty that it carries with it. I, personally, find it absolutely incredulous that someone would defend the Amnesty International assertions that the US Prisoner of War camps are comparable to the Stalags. You have to actually try hard to ignore the facts, but I guess if you really try, you can ignore history. You made a profound comment. The guy (gender nuetral..uh-oh, that was probably intellectually lazy...) that applies electric shocks to the genitals of a prisoner is a repugnant individual, as you said. He or she should be subjected to a trial by their peers and, if convicted, sentenced accordingly. Do you not think that due process applies? Should a news article that is false and leads to the death of 15 people, and drags the image of America down, be considered acceptable?

Lawngnome, you are right. The guy is an asshole. By extension, then, does the entire military become assholes? Is it not worth fighting to preserve freedoms? Why do Iraqi men continue to show up in DROVES to join the police force to fight Zarqhawi, and other insurgent terrorists, even though they are being blown to smithereens by their own? Why? Because the job pays well? Six Feet Under? Maybe they value their newly discovered freedoms, and want to thwart the attempts to take their freedoms away. Could it be? Or am I just lazy in this assertion? Why did Iraqi women risk it all to vote? To get on CNN? God almighty.

Miss BA, I genuinely think my arguments are cogent. If you disagree, than I celebrate that, and I celebrate your right to suggest that I am intellectually lazy and that I pepper my posts with verbiage that does not advance the message. I write as I speak, and I don't alter vocabulary to post here. If that is a ground rule, well then, let's make it understood.

Not long ago a person suggested on this board that there was a justifiable link between the beheadings and the attempts to liberate Iraq from a cruel dictator. That was sickening to me. Where is the comparable behavior on the part of the US Military? The British Military? If you want to kill the messenger, ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION before you make sport out of the perosn who loves his country, loves his freedom, and is willing to give his life, as God is my witness, to preserve these gifts for my wife and children.

Oh, and just as a sidebar to chew on while the Hate America First crowd continues to empathize with the terrorists and the insurgency and the killings and the suicide bombings:

Did you know that the Koran strictly forbids taking yur own life...strictly forbids suicide? Hmmm. How is that reconciled with the realities of what is happening in the middle east, and has happened for centuries!
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Zzzzzzzz...

(dribble)

Huh?

Jeez man, relax. You're the one going around making generalizations and putting others into neat little boxes - moral relativists, Hate America Firsters, etc.

Maybe people don't feel the need to argue with you because they believe - IMO with some justification - that you are so utterly convinced of your own rightness in everything that you simply cannot fathom anything to the contrary.

Then there's all them fancy words for us dumb liberals to plow through. You know, after 2 or 3 sentences our brains start to hurt.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
King Hoarse

Post by King Hoarse »

Guantanamo bad
Gulag badder
Amnesty make a poop
What this world needs is more silly men.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

you know you're old when you hear yourself say things like "damn, that Odyssey is a nice lookin' van".
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

It's not even 10:00 am here yet and I've already had two cups of coffee and a diet soda, and I'm still not awake yet. :?

And the Odyssey is a nice lookin' van, oily.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Miss BA, I genuinely think my arguments are cogent. If you disagree, than I celebrate that, and I celebrate your right to suggest that I am intellectually lazy and that I pepper my posts with verbiage that does not advance the message. I write as I speak, and I don't alter vocabulary to post here. If that is a ground rule, well then, let's make it understood.
Maybe you should just post outlines of your arguments, if you're determined to start debate here. Because as it stands, all the discussions you provoke seem to go downhill rather quickly, and I think that is due to two things: 1) inflammatory comments that confuse the issue and 2) arguments that stray so far from any logical coherence that NOBODY HAS ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. If open debate is truly your goal, try making an argument that is clear, straightforward and demonstrably well-reasoned. Otherwise, one of two things will happen: 1) everyone will ignore you or 2) people will head straight for the inflammatory remarks, ignoring whatever valid points you may be trying to make.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

oh hell yes!
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

mood swung wrote:oh hell yes!
Nothing quite like tooling around the Vegas Strip in a minivan. :wink:
Declanation

the hate.

Post by Declanation »

Everyday I usually hate America second or 3rd.. The first thing I do every day is have a nice fortifying breakfast... Hearty helpings of granola, yogurt and strawberry.. A large glassful of Orange Juice and the I sit down with my NY Times... There's plenty of time in the day to hate America...
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Acceptable Comments on the Forum:

1. Heartfelt wishes that the pope ("the F*cker") will burn in hell, and;
2. Performing Fellatio on a dog
3. Eating Banana's whilst looking lasiviously at strange men, and;
4. Universal slams on the board intelligence by a periodic, radical poster (Rope).
5. Naming the elected President of the United States a boob, moron, asshole, idiot, and implying that it would be better for us all should someone put a bullet through his head..
6. Suggesting the broad-spectrum psychiatric intervention called the "Tranny blow-job", and;
7. Displaying a picture of a nearly topless performer recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and actually having the commentary veer to lust.
8. Destroying, for humour and sport, any oppossing views to the left of the left views that are so often penned here.
9. Making an inflammatory anti- American post, then failing to defend it, and reverting to name-calling and public derrogation instead, and;
10. Writing that Christians, collectively, represent the weakest element of society, and swayed the outcome of the last election based on ignorance, naivete, and sheer stupidity...in spite of the fact that the opposing candidate was a proven imbecile who had lied three times to achieve early release from Vietnam ( a HERO!). The fact that he received three injuries, not a single one required more than a few minutes in a field infirmary to treat, and leveraged them for a purple heart and early release.

Topics NOT acceptable on this forum:

1. Anything Faith-based
2. Educated opinions on the EU Constitution, even in support of the nay votes
3. Comments that debunk the liberal media (CBS,CNN, NPR, and Newsweek) assertions that Americans are evil and represent the dark side. In general, if it is in print, it is considered acceptable AS LONG AS it disparages the worldwide view of the United States and the soldiers who are fighting for each of us to retain the freedoms that we possess to write freely and think freely.
4. Suggestions that the GitMO and Abu Ghirab prisoner abuse scandals were conducted by an extremely small subset of the entire military apparatus. Not acceptable. All or nothing. Black or white.

An outime form as I see it. People here just aren't comfortable debating these issues,and I have my conclusions a to why. Ironically, I work in SOuthern Califirnia. My boss is an extreme left liberal, and Attorney who graduated from Georgetown. We have healthy debates all the time. He has altered my opinion on Social Security reform, and our continued involvement in IRAQ. I have chnaged his opinions somewhat. We are both better for it, although our core Principles will not change.

I post these comments with a sincere and honest belief in what I write. I wouldn't waste my time otherwise in such a hostile environment unless it was worth trying to balance the board with a different point of view. It is becoming increasing apparant, mostly as a function of the silence of those who choose NOT to comment, that my views are either too incendiary to touch, or the board members who quickly resort to name-calling and humor/sport simply do not have an intelligent retort, so they just say something that they think will make the "Board Elite" giggle and move safely away from the issue that is uncomfortable to face.

With Hillary running in 08, and Bill quietly lobbying for the highest office in the United Nations (one of the primary reasons the issues with Bolton are so severe when the actual behaviour record is benign, other than his belief in his ocnvictions that the UN could be and should be run as a truely united group, not as a political force for thievery, protection of civil rights violations, etc.), the left will get what they wish for soon enough. Put on your seatbelts, ladies and gentlement, because if you think the Patriot Act is intrusive to your personal liberties, you ain't seen nothing yet. Nothing. If you go back more than a decade a read Barbara Olsens assertions that Bill will position himself for the highest office in the UN, and Hillary will simultaneously hold the office of the US Presidency, then the stars are aligned perfectly to carry out the New World Order scheme that Hillary and Bill have been quietly espousing for years. You think it' s bad now? The torture has not yet begun.

But at least we all now know that Hillary is actually...shockingly..."hawkish" on the war effort. And she is a lifelong Yankee fan! And she respects Newt Gingrich and is partnering with him to bring herself rapidly to the center to accommodate the voter profile.

Hey, the Thread is called "Random Thoughts" so here they are.
Have a good weekend.
Declanation

Post by Declanation »

How is Hillary Clinton "Hawkish" on the war effort? I would love to know where you get your info from. No one takes you seriously, because you come off like a moron. It's that simple. So why not take your 'faith based' jibber-jabber to Jimmy Swaggart.com, and leave this forum to the people who actually have a brain. What do you do anyway? Are you a clerk for your obviously patronizing boss from Georgetown Law School?
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Wait a minute, don't be so fast with telling people to leave this board !!
I, for one, would like Mr. A. to stay here, not only because I share many of his views, but also because I have not seen any banner here saying "Conservatives are not allowed here".
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
Declanation

Post by Declanation »

I think your location says it all...
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

And that's what Mr. A. was talking about.

Now have the guts and elaborate what is wrong with my location.
Declanation

Post by Declanation »

Note from BlueChair: This post has been deleted for its offensive remarks. The administrators have been notified.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

That's the most offensive post I've ever seen on this forum.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

What Declanation has just said is deeply offensive to me personally and to my nation and I would like the moderator to take proper actions.

This only shows how unbelievably stupid, ignorant and scumbag you are, whoever you are, Declanation.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

what a startling sequence. i am virtually dumbstruck.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I have edited Declanation's post to remove the racist remark and have notified DrSpooky to take proper action.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Declanation

Post by Declanation »

A Guy walks into a bar, sits downs and starts to make conversation with guy at next table. "Want to hear the world's worst Polish Joke?" The other guy says "Sure, but before you tell it, let me tell you something. See those two bikers over there by the door, those tow real mean-looking dudes? They're Polish. And those two bouncers by the bar? They're Polish too! The Bartender is also Polish! And one more thing pal, I'm Polish too... Now, do you still want to tell that joke of yours?" "Hell no!", replies the first guy, "I don't want to have to explain it six times!"

and with that... I'm off...

God bless you...

God bless you all...
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Declanation wrote:and with that... I'm off...
Good! You are no loss - dont hurry back - ever!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Oh dear. Glad I missed all of the ugliness above. I can sort of make out the outlines of what was said and there's no need for that in here - or anywhere for that matter. I've told Mr A that I hope he stays, even if I find that I no longer have the energy - or inclination - to plough through his marathon posts. I kind of know what I'm gonna get and I've heard most of it before from other people. I would just say this Mr A - just because people choose to respond with anger or humor and do not answer your missives point by point doesn't necessarily confirm the rightness of any or all of your arguments.

How cool would it be if Mr A just did a reverse Dennis Miller and dropped a lefty post on us out of the blue? Unlikely I know.

My five-year old daughter took a practice school bus run to kindergarten this morning and I accompanied her. The kids were all pretty sedate, taking it all in, until they opened the door to the kindergarten playground and the little ones scattered in all directions in a mad scramble to be the first to the slides, monkey bars and swings. Funniest thing I ever saw - parents diving for cover like they were at the running of the bulls in Pamplona. :D
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I don't think I would've been surprised by any offensive post by Declanation. His third post read as follows: "My idea of fantasy of fantasy [sic] baseball would be watching the Yanks beat Boston in the World Series whilst getting an icredible blowjob from a very enthusiastic blonde with gargantuan hooters."

I did wonder, however, how the Yankees could get a collective blowjob, and how they could beat the Sox while doing so, when they can't even beat them with their flies properly zipped.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

WSS:

As amazing as it may seem, I have inclinations toward the ideal platforms of the Democratic Party, and the left. I support 'some form of' healthcare reform, but the models that are oft celebrated are those adopted by the French and the Canadians. I have been actively involved with promoting medical instruments throughout the world...mostly diagnostics. The French and Canadian markets for these products has crumbled, and I have many Canadian friends who have told the most horrific stories of how the healthcare system as grown so bad (think families, children, elderly) that some of them fly to Seattle etc to pay for, and receive, quality healthcare in a timely fashion. Nonetheless, for our country to allow such large numbers of LEGAL citizens go without healthcare (the illegals get it for free anyway in California, and Declanation, that is a FACT) is a sad fact that embarrasses me as a conservative. BUT, I don't see healthcare as an entitlement, I see it as a priveledge, and something of value for which something of value should be returned to society. Where I split with traditional Democratic ideology is the tax and spend entitlements...a "Hand-out" versus a "Hand-up". They are different things.

I think that higher education opportunities should be made available to demographic groups that are less likely to be on the path to accumulate the necessary prerequisites for college (if they want it). But again, for the benefit of tuition free education, there must be something of value to society to return by the individual receiving the hand-up.

I suppose, although I am out of my league here, that I would have applauded the spirit and intent of the New Deal, the Tennesse Valley Authority, etc under the great Democratic President Franklin Roosevelt.

I'll make this a half-marathon post. I have many other idea's "consistent" with the original ideology of the Democratic Party. I just feel that the leaders of that party have dis-integrated the core concepts, and genuinely find that they benefit from keeping an oppressed group oppressed. I am confident that the likes of the more liberal contributors to this forum do NOT consign to that notion, but a brutal reality of the DNC is that they have demonstrated as such for many years now, thus the recoil of many Black Americans who are tired of being 'directed' to vote Dem across the board. A significant number of brilliant black Americans are preempting the 'conventional wisdom' for the NAACP to make up their own mind. The shift is staggering, and with the filibuster attempts on the black, female judicial nominee (whose name escapes me now, but carries incredible credentials, and whose brilliance makes me feel slightly more evolved than a planaria), there will be a greater number of Americans, regardless of creed, race, color, who will make up their own mind.

Where are all the leaders? Republican and Democrat? Left and Right? Liberal and Conservative? Male and Female? Religous and Atheistic/Agnostic? It does amaze me that in a country of our size there are very few real leaders that we can invest in. I see no real leader emerging in the RNC. With Dean at the helm of the DNC, Hillary is the only hope. And check around if you don't think she has adopted a much more hawkish stance. She has. All politically motivated to move to the center (they all do it, so I am not singling her out, although I do not like her at all, and I do not trust her).

Hillary will almost certainly be the next President of the USA. It kills me to write it, but if anyone underestimates the wiles of this political animal, they will be politically eviscerated before they know what hit 'em.

Okay, 3/4 marathon.

"Don't hate me because I'm opinionated"
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I just won't accept behavior like this, or comments like this, from Declanation or anyone else.

Declanation, you are the weakest link. Goodbye.