Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Jackson Monk wrote:I once had a one night stand with a similar beast, but at least she stopped short of licking her own genitalia...
I could make a crude comment but I won't.

I have two 14-year old calico cats who are pretty low-maintenance. I certainly prefer cats to dogs, who just require too much work for a lazy lump like me. Unfortunately, my 3 year-old son loves dogs, so we may have to break down one day and get one for him.
Last edited by Who Shot Sam? on Sat May 14, 2005 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
verena

Cats n' dogs

Post by verena »

Oh oh, My My... People having fun in here. Shall Be right back.

V
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

You hear about banana pancakes, and blueberry pancakes.. but I've yet to try watermelon pancakes.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
verena

Post by verena »

Watermelon pancakes, Chair ? I never had that. Do you think it's any good ?
Watermelon is not a very tasty fruit, and then it’s pretty big, so I guess that makes a huge pancake. How would you go with that, melon it ?

And Jack, Sam is charitable with you. I could tell you something worse than crude. You cannot be that gross really, Come on !

V
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

ok V, PM me something worse than crude :D
corruptio optimi pessima
verena

Post by verena »

Are you sure about that Jack ? Worse than crude could come down as rude...

I mean if you ask for it, you get it, but I'd be sorry to offend you.

V
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Ha ha....i've been on this board for so long, I have a collection of rudest rude. I don't mind rude, it's boring I'm offended by! (see sections on Arsene Wenger/AleX Fergie
Last edited by Jackson Monk on Sat May 14, 2005 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
corruptio optimi pessima
verena

Post by verena »

:lol: I am right with you on boring, Rudie.

So you laughed. Me too ! Almost fell of the chair when I saw my post. Ach ...German was my first foreign language in highschool.
(That crazy little mouse did it again, God I must have been blind... I cannot believe how smart she's become of late. Sometimes I am flabbergasted at er).

Back to the cat discussion, you don't seem to have any real problem with Charlay, Meg. Having a very good time I bet. Why don't you let the cat have her/his way ? Reminds me of what my 10 years old Goddaughter told me yesterday : If there is no solution, then there is no problem (sic !).

V
Jackson Monk

Post by Jackson Monk »

Nonplussed :?
corruptio optimi pessima
verena

Nonplussed

Post by verena »

Really ? That reference I make to the mouse is a joke, perhaps misleading.
It is just the computer mouse. I have noticed that when I write, I have an idea in mind of what I want to say, and what gets written is not very different, but more, or better, or smarter, or more telling than I first intend it to be. That happens also when I write on paper, of course as for everybody else, but not the same. Not that crazy or witty or tricky. Perhaps because one can write faster with a computer, that makes it easier for whatever happens to be in the brain to come out. I just don't know.

You may just let me know what confused you, if anything else.

Speaking about nonplussed, what should I say guys !
You've been around for so long and are familar with the culture here, like regarding those anagrams I have been seeing around. They are hilarious so I am trying to figure them out, some of them. Having one hell of a hard time, never played that game.

But such a hell of a laugh when I crack a good one !!! :lol:

Verena
bobster

Post by bobster »

BlueChair wrote:You hear about banana pancakes, and blueberry pancakes.. but I've yet to try watermelon pancakes.
Yeah!

And, you know, there are plenty of cocktails made with Coke, 7-Up, and ginger ale, but none that I know of with root beer or cream soda. Why oh why?

And I have a very dog-like cat. She actually cares when I have to yell "bad kitty" at her!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Ever feel like crying and you just don't know why?
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Ever do something bad on purpose?

Ever want to do something bad, but circumstances contrive against it, but you don't take that as a sign, you just move right to Plan B of your evil scheme?
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

For the most part, I've outgrown this periodic urge as lyricized by EC in "Needle Time". But there was a time....

Sometimes I feel just like committing a crime

I'm trying not to despise you with a passion that is hard to extinguish
Or maybe I really love you
Although it's hard to distinguish

I wish I could be
A little more like a saint is
Forgiving those who trespass against us

Sometimes I feel just like committing a crime
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Shows like 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' and 'Six Feet Under' make me wish I had HBO, but, then again, I could just wait until the episodes are out on DVD.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
miss buenos aires

If at all possible, breakups should ALWAYS be committed face to face. The telephone is for pussies.
bobster

Post by bobster »

How about via telex?
miss buenos aires

What is telex? Is that like Minitel?
bobster

Post by bobster »

Ah, the blissful ignorance of youth....

Of course, I don't know what a minitel is...ah, the blissful ignorance of middle age....

Joke killing factual response: Actually never used one, but it was a form of electronic written communication common in business prior to the ubiquity of fax machines. Think dot-matrix (if you know what that is!). I worked in international film sales for a bit in the eighties, and we had a guy on staff about half of who's main job was to operate the telex and the fax machine. Ah, the days of clunky technology.

"I'm a telex man" -- Peter Reigert, "Local Hero"
Declanation

Post by Declanation »

miss buenos aires wrote:Ever do something bad on purpose?

Ever want to do something bad, but circumstances contrive against it, but you don't take that as a sign, you just move right to Plan B of your evil scheme?
elaborate.
verena

Post by verena »

Guys, just a random thought of mine. I like this board, am learning a lot here, much more than I had expected and I am glad about that.
But sometimes it is driving me nuts ! (as you already noticed for sure).

I mean, there are so may threads and posts, it is bloody difficult to decide where to go and read, and then separate the posts which are worth your while from the rest. Clearly a number of posts are just jokes (harmless or not) and I don't mind that, or frankly difficult to understand (some of you are very brainy), and well one may easily get lost.

Plus the fact that I am almost computer illiterate as compared to you guys, as well as ignorant, slow and stupid regarding the music you like and many other topics discussed in this forum.

Anyways, I am stuck in Paris this WE because I think I should vote on the European Constitution poll.
(Painful debate in France right now on the subject, lots of people want to say no but this might be a mistake, this treaty is a political necessity I guess, so I am going to say yes. Whatever happens, I will not feel as bad as I felt when the right wing guy arrived second in our last presidential poll, such a shame on the country, men).
So I will try again, see if I can manage on this board somehow.

Have to run to a birthday dinner (should be back online around midnight Paris time, for those nerds who might be interested !).
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

In a nutshell, what is the European Constitutional Poll, and why do lots of people want to say no. Yet you see a yes vote as a 'political necessity'.

I would like to better understand the controversy and the implications, from your perspective, if you don't mind.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
miss buenos aires

Mr. A, I'm no expert, but I think verena is talking about the EU Constitution. I don't know the particulars, but I think it's more or less a national referendum on how "European" the French want to become. Voting "no" is a way of asserting your national identity, but if the Constitution is voted down, the EU basically has no point to its existence, and the dream of a politically united Europe is dead in the water.

Am I close, verena? Verena can also tell bobster what a Minitel is.
miss buenos aires

Declanation wrote:
miss buenos aires wrote:Ever do something bad on purpose?

elaborate.
Yes, it is. But the evilness of the plan has been rendered merely quaint by consequent circumstances.
Last edited by miss buenos aires on Fri May 27, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Who do you admire more as a father figure; Bill Cosby or Marvin Gaye, Sr.?