Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

miss buenos aires wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote: I see most of the people we send them to anyway and we've had a couple of instances whereby people seem to have sent us cards purely because we've sent them cards. Either that or it's pure coincidence that we've received cards the day after hand delivering cards to certain people...
I thought that was how it worked. How else do people make their lists?
Maybe your friends all work in the same way...

MBA - you'll just have to settle for my love, admiration and respect from afar. Unless you specifically need it in writing - in which case PM me with your address and I'll see what I can do.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

1. Sweet as ever, VG.

2. By the way I never meant to imply I deserved Christmas cards-- I haven't sent any in years, though I always mean to, so I've got no right to complain. Still nice that a few people send them despite my pathetic-ness.

3. File under: there's no geek like a geek who's related to you. My brother sent me this for Christmas, and I could not be more thrilled:

My son's going to be soooo jealous that it's not for him, despite the obvious fact that he's the only person I'll ever play it with!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I got a Christmas card! Yay! And I've got a line on two more... I'm not (such) a loser after all!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Elvis and Fiona Apple are on VH1 classic performing I Want You
verbal gymnastics

I've had three drinking nights out in a row and I'm out again tonight.

I'm actually getting fed up of drinking alcohol :shock:
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

There's just something wrong with the commercial I just saw for the Rachel Ray show - she's waving her arms around saying, "Check out my chicken dish!!" :roll:
miss buenos aires

This cat toy I bought for my roommate's cats is more of a present to myself...this cat is going to be so exhausted that she won't have any energy to rip up my stuff or remain permanently underfoot.
verbal gymnastics

I bought my nephew an action toy for Christmas from a children's TV show called Biker Mice From Mars. I can picture the drugs taken when the person thought this one up. "It's like, there's these mice right and they ride motorbikes. Oh yeah, and they're from Mars." I'd hate to think what the rejected ideas were! :lol:
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I bought my nephew an action toy for Christmas from a children's TV show called Biker Mice From Mars. I can picture the drugs taken when the person thought this one up. "It's like, there's these mice right and they ride motorbikes. Oh yeah, and they're from Mars." I'd hate to think what the rejected ideas were! :lol:
chances are they vibrated
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
miss buenos aires

The cat toy did not stop the cats from peeing on my bed and pooping twice on the bathroom floor when my roommate was not home. A clean litter box might have, but I guess we'll never know.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Oh, dear! I feel your pain: a dog I rescued and gave to my fiance peed on MY PILLOW when we got married.

She was a spiteful thing.

Am I the only one working this holiday season? does anybody feel MY pain?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I'm working moody - sorta. Motivation = 0.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I feel your pain, Moody. I just realized how long I had been putting off balancing my checkbook. I've been working for a while now and I'm finally up to October. . . . . :roll:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

I hope everyone had a good xmas. I am very lucky and had a wonderful family orientated xmas. My daughter has just spent a week with us and is going home tomorrow - I will miss her :-(

COME ON YOU SPURS!!
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

SUMMARY OF MY LAST YEAR ON THE COMPUTER

I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing.

Also, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day

Thanks to you, I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an email to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

Because of your concern I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline without taking a man along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm pumping gas.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Dr. Pepper since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put "Under God" on their cans

I no longer use Saran wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

And thanks for letting me know I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face...disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or FedEx since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise.

I no longer shop at Target since they are French and don't support our American troops or the Salvation Army.

I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore , and Uzbek istan

I no longer have any sneakers -- but that will change once I receive my free replacement pair from Nike.

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Neiman Marcus since I now have their recipe.

Thanks to you, I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big brown African spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

Thank you too for all the endless advice Andy Rooney has given us. I can live a better life now because he's told us how to fix everything.

And thanks to your great advice, I can't ever pick up $5.00 I dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

Oh, and don't forget this one either! I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gas from certain gas companies!

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 PM this afternoon and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician...

Have a wonderful day....

A South American scientist from Argentina, after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

My friend's "new mad downlights" were indeed mad. And the strobe lights... he's got an instant dance atmosphere happening.
verbal gymnastics

Did anybody bother making new year's resolutions?
miss buenos aires

I did!

1. Better posture.
2. See my friends more.
3. Go to the gym twice a week.

Yes, i know they're boring. So what?
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

the rule is that you have to be able to break them within 3 weeks. let us know if you meet thiat criterium.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I resolved to spend less time on the internet.

Oops.

Seriously, I have vowed to remove the large sticker from my forehead that reads "sucker".

3 weeks.

Maybe.
Tim(e)

Post by Tim(e) »

It's new year already??!!??
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Did anybody bother making new year's resolutions?
I resolution to learn to best use drugs and alcohol this year, just read some Carlos Castenda stuff about using drugs in order to become enlightened and be one with nature... any tips?
verbal gymnastics

Drugs are for mugs Bamboo! Hmm, does alcohol class as a drug? Discuss.

MDM - I hope the word "Sucker" does not get replaced for something that sounds like it. :lol: And it could be worse - it could be tattooed!
miss buenos aires

so lacklustre wrote:the rule is that you have to be able to break them within 3 weeks. let us know if you meet thiat criterium.
Done done and done. Happy?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

just read some Carlos Castenda stuff about using drugs in order to become enlightened and be one with nature... any tips?
stop reading! :lol:

I read all his books once upon a time. That's some wild stuff, but some of it felt true.