Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Seriously? I'm not the only one who took four showers last night?

S'posed to be 97' here today. Fuck.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Those children are certainly a credit to you, Gilli! Great work! I'm ecstatic that my oldest got B's in his two summer courses (that had names like Differential Equations and Really Hard Calculus Shit). Now if I can just get oldest daughter gainfully employed and out of my purse...

MG, I take it you don't have the AC. My sympathies. I live in fear that ours will soon give up the ghost.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Mechanical Grace

Yup, no AC for AC. My poor Sheepdog! I just gave her a sorta-bath, much to her displeasure, and am gonna set the fan in front of her crate when I go out in a minute. Otherwise I'd seriously worry about her!
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

MS thank you. I know what you mean on the old purse drain! Trouble is when they get to the earning stage they leave home!! :lol:

MG: I know how you feel. Im worried about my poor cat. She has just flopped around all day looking miserable. My partner suggested pouring water over her but I know that would make her more miserable!! At least you can have a dog clipped - poor old lucy has to keep her fur coat on! Temp of 98 predicted for England tomorrow........*sigh*
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Mechanical Grace

Gillibeanz wrote:Temp of 98 predicted for England tomorrow........*sigh*
Really? Worse than here then. God bless ya. It's currently 97' with 45% humidity.

Hope your kitty's alright.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Why does bad news always seem to come in batches? Isn't just one thing at a time enough?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

What is it about live car chases that demand to be watched?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Anyone seen that new Geico ad with Burt Bacharach? Raised a chuckle.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Oh my, I started to post and ask the same thing - how funny! :lol:
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I just learned that one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met is going to be on a reality tv show. I have to watch.

And a boy I used to get babysat with (he was 4, I was 6, my sister was 16 and let us watch He-Man every day) is also on reality tv (The One--Adam, if you feel like watching and/or voting for him).
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

miss buenos aires wrote:And a boy I used to get babysat with (he was 4, I was 6, my sister was 16 and let us watch He-Man every day) is also on reality tv (The One--Adam, if you feel like watching and/or voting for him).
It was all down hill from there. :wink:
...is also on reality tv
What a tragic decline.
verena

Post by verena »

Talking about tragic decline... I just heard that Keith Richards fell off from a coconut tree. I suppose you guys know that already. Don't tell me you didn't laugh ! :lol: Sure I am sorry for him, really. But certain things are just too funny.

He was lucky not to get hit by a falling coconut instead, this is usually what happens. Seriously, beware of coconut trees and keep your kids away. Falling coconuts are deadly.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

verena wrote:Talking about tragic decline... I just heard that Keith Richards fell off from a coconut tree. I suppose you guys know that already. Don't tell me you didn't laugh ! :lol: Sure I am sorry for him, really. But certain things are just too funny.
That was months ago. He's already back on tour with The Stones again.. he's a fighter.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Guy came into the store today wearing a shirt that read "Club G'itmo" on the front and "Your Relaxing Vacation From The Stress of Jihaad" on the back.

Now that is class and grace.
miss buenos aires

I think my dad should be a judge on one of those singing reality shows. He just howls in pain while the contestants murder songs like "Let's Stay Together" and "Knockin' on Heaven's Door." Then he calls other family members (who aren't watching) to tell them how awful the show is. I think it would be awesome if they had a judge who literally howled in pain (Simon Cowell doesn't count).
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

miss buenos aires wrote:I think my dad should be a judge on one of those singing reality shows.
There should be a reality show to pick out a judge for the reality show.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Mechanical Grace

There's nothing quite like strawberries and whipped cream, eaten on the 7th floor roof deck overlooking the city, with your favorite person, on a hot night that's suddenly been cooled by a steady, probably storm-bearing wind.

Seven-year-olds have the greatest ideas.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Sounds good. I had my dinner here last night:
It's the dining hall of King's College here in Cambridge. Can't complain.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
scielle
Location: Berkeley, CA; London, UK; Montreal QC; Toronto ON; New York

Post by scielle »

From the What Would Jesus Do file:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 36,00.html

"According to police records, Gibson, a strict Catholic, then launched into an anti-semitic tirade, referring to “f****** Jewsâ€
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Grrrrr... My employer missed my direct deposit today - hope to God nothing bounces. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.
verena

Post by verena »

I understand, it is hard not to get mad. This happened to me once, when my bank system automatically refused a huge Amex invoice. It had been loaded with airlines and hotel bills more than usual, and those expenses had not been reimbursed. Although the bank apologised, I hated the idea of having a record at Amex. But my boss was so upset, he let me have a large amount of money to cover the risk for the future. :D

And you know, it was originally my fault. I wasn't fast at turning my expenses report in. My work always came first, I couldn't help it. For a very long time, I just didn't take care of my personal stuff. So stupid.
miss buenos aires

I want a job. And a boyfriend. In that order.
miss buenos aires

And a snack. I also want a snack.
Mechanical Grace

If it's a worthwhile boyfriend, he'll have brought the snack with him.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

snack, boyfriend. boyfriend, snack.

oh my.
Like me, the "g" is silent.