Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Today my partner and I had deafening no holds barred awful fight. It ended up with him storming out of the house and driving off into the distance what is what he usually does......

Things went from bad to worse for him. He decided to go to the coast for the day and halfway there the car started to make a terrible noise -apparently the Catalytic Converter was hanging off! . He managed to get it limping to the nearest garage and get a new one fitted as it had a hole in it, so while it was there he also decided to have a oil change.

To kill time while it was being worked on he decided to get his hair cut. Now my fella is a very chatty cockney guy and sat himself in the barbers chair and chatted away explaining what an awful day he had, and what a two and eight he had been in. (For those of you who don't know cockney rhyming slang being in a two and eight means being in a state!). Unfortunately the barber took that to mean that was how he wanted his hair cut and started to shave his head with a number 2 razor cut (I'm laughing while I'm typing this). Bear in mind while you are reading this he has never had his head shaved in his life!

He leapt out of the chair and yelled 'what the hell are you doing I haven't told you how I want it yet!' The barber apologized profusely but unless he wanted hair extensions he couldn't do anything about it except carry on!!

So to sum up his day he went for a drive which cost him £170, and came home looking like mr potato head!!!! SERVES HIM BLOODY WELL RIGHT I SAY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

oh sheesh -go get the man a beer - and a hat!
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

He'll think twice next time!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Im still laughing here - hes one step from being bald! Now we are back on speaking terms he told me that he swore so much in the barbers he had to apologise to all the customers waiting in there! The barber didn't charge him because of the mistake - so theres a tip on how to get a free hair cut for those of you who like your heads shaved! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Gilli - that is a fantastic story. Thanks.

I am currently sporting a number one haircut courtesy of letting Mrs VG loose with the clippers. It always makes me worried when she's cutting my hair and she says "Oops"! But I figure that if she's cutting me a number one she can't go (far) wrong. And what's an ear between friends anyway :lol:

I am going on a three day climb around North Wales next week and am starting to get a bit worried about what I have let myself in for!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

VG: I dont think he likes his new name I have for him - which is a number 2!! (For those of you who are not English a number 2 here is a poo!) :lol:

Good luck on your climb- and be careful - if you give someone enough rope apparently they will hang themself!!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

number 2 is a poo here too. number 1 means you're second in command on the Enterprise.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

that's right. and speaking of executive material, the other day at work i happened to be making coffee while my 5 year old was observing and he says "how come you gotta do that?"
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

My #1 daughter told us at dinner the other night that she got to choose her jersey number for her soccer team next year. I asked what she chose, and she said Number 2. It was not my best moment as a mom, because I started giggling. Uncontrollably. She got really angry and said what's so funny? And then she had the duh moment and realized what she'd done. All the dinner conversations at our house center on #2 somehow.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

that's right. and speakin' of number 2, that same executive 5 year old was gettin' his story read to him by mom on thursday night and unbeknownst to her he was fiddling with a marble whilest he watched the storybook from the bed. well down the hole it went and it must've had something in it other than glass cause it showed up right nicely on the xray in his small intestine friday. after a healthy number 2 at grandma's saturday i rummaged with a stick till i determined that it wasn't a "keepsie". i never had a doubt because in my non-medical opinion the kid could pass a 2 by 4.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Speaking of cute kids, my friend's 3 year old daughter made my day recently when she wrote my name in her new sketchpad that she'd been writing things in. I said ok write my name and like a trooper she gripped the pen with her tiny hand and produced a nice left to right scribble. I was so touched.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/5/16/986/69642

Never thought I'd have a single positive thing to say about Carlos Mencia but it's nice to get suprised.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

hi all.
sorry once again that i am only dropping by randomly.
my mom did well with her surgery but has a new area they have to check. afriad we may be starting over but we shall see. but so far so good

we sold the coffee shop. we still get royalties from it so its working out well.

other than that just totally swamped with work in both places. spending all spare time to write songs.

i truely hope everyone here has been well.

take care
Mark
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Fingers crossed for you, Crash. I know that was the toughest part on our family, waiting for results and doing more tests so we could wait on more results.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

Ditto on the crossed fingers, Crash. My own Mum is having a nodule removed from her lung next week, same spot as the cancer she had five years ago. So I will be thinking of you, and of all the folks who're in the middle of such battles (way, way too many people).
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

We'll be thinking about you, crash!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Best wishes, Crash.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Some of today's headlines on CNN.com's homepage. As Rufus sings, Oh what a world we live in!

3 toddlers, 2 adults run over at restaurant
Passenger dies on plane, goes unnoticed
Boy releases brake, bus runs over girl
Mom pushes son from flaming balcony, jumps
Dog fed beer, doughnuts too fat to walk
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Mechanical Grace

On a lighter note, I learned this evening that it is possible to:

1. Accidentally drop your janitor-sized collection of keys down the tiny crack between the elevator floor and the lobby threshold (while juggling purse, dog, groceries of course, and for some perverse reason your son's backpack while he is empty-handed) especially if the elevator is 80 years old with a heavy external door and an accordian-style inner door, both of which must be held open;

2. Then realize to your partial relief that at least the car keys are still in your pocket;

3. Leave son, dog and most of groceries in lobby while you take an armful of stuff back to the car, in preparation for regrouping all the above to a friend's house or a homeless shelter or the nearest bar, only to have son run out after you, thereby leaving humans locked out of the building entirely, with groceries and now alarmed and barking dog still stuck inside;

4. Then realize that for some odd reason you forgot to bring your cellphone, which you NEVER do, so that calling your pal who has the spare set of keys (or anyone, for that matter) is impossible.

IF you're as talented as I am, that is!

Sigh. ...We did get the dog out, and us back in, but I still have to try to fish out my keys, which may actually be possible since our building has no basement and with a flashlight I can see them lurking about five feet down.

The educational benefit was that I got to explain to my son the meaning of the term "comedy of errors". :shock:
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I recommend a wine spritzer.
Chased with tequila.
And Jaeger.
Mechanical Grace

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I signed off alcohol and weed for 6 months or so... :?
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Well God bless ya, and help ya. It is good to get a little clarity once in awhile. Or so I'm told. Did you get the keys?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I won a Willie Nelson beer glass!