Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Will you be "having a great time" on your parents couch I wonder?
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I usually like to go a few months between raucous (and eventually purgative) inebriation, so hopefully not. Also, the swaying movement of the train between NY and NJ usually seals the deal, vomitwise. But I do have a wedding to attend this weekend; all bets are off.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

verbal gymnastics wrote:[I think you need to change your definition of "having a great time" if it leads to vomit.
It's served me well for 25 years! I try and do it less these days, but I'm with MBA for the purgative effects. It hurts, but it works! A few years ago I collapsed over the toilet in a vomiting heap, full asleep with my head on the rim of the bowl for an hour before coming to some realisation that actually I was done with the toilet and the bed was a better idea. And I'd had a fucking GREAT time! Only thing was I had to go to London the next day for my mum's 70th. A shower and strong coffee helped, but on arrival I was plied with shame and then fine Rioja, in a room with no open windows. Ouch!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

The best vomit I had was after a devastating emotional dream - that was good purging.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

My work responsibilities yesterday involved being responsible for a male Joan Rivers impersonator and a mariachi band. I can definitely count myself among the few people who have sat with a mariachi band in the green room with Marylin Monroe and Lucille Ball lookalikes singing "Girl from Ipanema"
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

It's entirely possible that there is NOTHING more satisfying than putting up new bookshelves.
miss buenos aires

I achieved the perfect state of drunkenness at the wedding reception last night. Huzzah!
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060430/ap_ ... pe/us_iraq

For some reason, this reminds me of the scene in Undiscovered Country where Nimoy gives Kim Cattrall's Lt. Valeris what's for.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Oh, and in a case of pearls before swine, Jeff "The Squid & The Whale" Daniels is playing a supporting role in the Robin Williams tax write-off RV. Other than Oily, I wonder how many people watch the trailer for that film and go "My God, it escaped from the 80's!"
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

Listen, I'm thinkin' if Ned Beatty can be nominated for Best Supporting Actor for Network, then Sam Elliott can be nominated for his dandy 4 minutes in Thank You For Smoking. Dandy I tell ya.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

I wonder if anyone else has thought about writing a spoof of Thank You For Smoking about the birth control industry. The title? Thank You For Fucking.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

I realized today that I'm too old to still turn a cartwheel.

Don't ask me to explain how I know that.

And don't ask me to move my left elbow. :roll:
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Man, ya'll don't play when it comes to celebrating Oily's birthday!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

bambooneedle wrote:There's the index finger, the thumb, the middle finger, the pinkie... is the other finger called anything?
It's called Brian. Like the long lost and disowned fifth Osmond Brother.
miss buenos aires wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote:
miss buenos aires wrote:I must have had a great time last night, because when I woke up there was vomit all over the couch...
Was it your vomit and/or your couch?

I think you need to change your definition of "having a great time" if it leads to vomit.
Yes and yes, and why?
I can get very drunk without vomiting. I am pleased about this but from yours and Otis' comments it seems that I am missing out on something.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Emotional Toothpaste

Post by Emotional Toothpaste »

What the hey is 62 year old Keif Richards doing up in a palm tree?
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Picking coconuts, obviously.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Otis Westinghouse

miss buenos aires wrote:I achieved the perfect state of drunkenness at the wedding reception last night. Huzzah!
I imagine the sofas were relieved, then.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060503/ap_ ... _moussaoui

Is it just me or does the man always sound like he's addressing a Dungeons & Dragons convention?
miss buenos aires

Otis Westinghouse wrote:
miss buenos aires wrote:I achieved the perfect state of drunkenness at the wedding reception last night. Huzzah!
I imagine the sofas were relieved, then.
Except for when one of the other guests stepped on a broken glass and her foot was spurting blood all over the place...floors, sofas, no furniture was spared! Except the jukebox.

Would you rather get vomited upon or copiously bled upon?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Bled on, certainly, if I were forced to choose.

Blood looks alike in everyone - vomit is horrible and you never know what it will look like because you never know what that person had in their system.

Yuk
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

If you have kids, you're gonna have every possible body fluid spurted, spouted, smeared, slathered and dribbled on your person. You learn that it all washes off.

Eventually.

What's that smell?
Like me, the "g" is silent.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Anything is better than being crapped on - in both senses of the word!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Mechanical Grace

Post by Mechanical Grace »

mood swung wrote:If you have kids, you're gonna have every possible body fluid spurted, spouted, smeared, slathered and dribbled on your person. You learn that it all washes off.

Eventually.
Z'ackly. I must say, having a puppy is not much different. Hey, I was looking for a reason to replace my rug anyway... Let's just say I am now a convert to the Way of Febreeze.
Otis Westinghouse

Blood's longer lasting as it stains so badly, vomit is soon forgotten about, so for me, no brainer.
Chrille

Post by Chrille »

I ran into an old classmate from high school today. I havn't met anyone from school since I graduated at least five years ago, well, aside from the few people I still hang out with. We agreed to meet this weekend.

Too much to do, had to work late. Just as we were about to head home a filmcrew arrived and started shooting scenes for a tv-series. They asked around for extras but noone seemed interested out of the few people left at work. Dunno if they found any.

This has been the warmest day of the year in Gothenburg after a long cold winter. Started walking towards my bus home around 7pm, the sun was beginning to set and the weather was just lovely. Barely a soul in sight. Skylarking started playing on my MP3 player. Everything felt wonderful.

On the bus I saw another guy from my class in high school. Don't think he saw me, didn't say anything. Didn't care much for him back then and probably won't now.

A strange but wonderful day.