Random Thoughts

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Those tiny island people of Indonesia - how cool is that?
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Man, it's been quiet in here lately. Or do I just have no life?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

I was surfing around the web and stumbled across this little nugget on venerea, which includes a glorious close-up of the mouth of our own King Hoarse (mouth, Hoarse - there's a joke there somewhere):

http://www.musicemissions.com/features/bios/venera.php

Anyone know what's happened to KH - maybe out on tour? - 'cause I haven't seen him post in a long long time.

There's also a mysterious link to a "venerea contest" down on the left of the page. Wonder what the prize is. :?:
Mr. Misery

Post by Mr. Misery »

verena wrote:Concerning flowers, did you know that roses are mighty ? I mean for real. Some do speak to you. Even call you. Silently but it is so intense, one who gets hit can't ignore. Happened to me not long ago, in the Trocadero garden (on the right bank of the Seine, opposite the Eiffel tower fyi). I couldn't believe it. Not that I am not used to getting strange messages, but this one was a total shock. My conclusion (nothing new) is that there may be surreal things in the world which we cannot understand or even imagine. Would be a true wonder, and such a source of hope.
"I love wildflowers better than those which are cultivated in gardens. They have always been my friends. Many times when I felt lonely or sad, I have gone into the fields or woods and talked with them and they have always comforted me. To the wildflowers I owe my belief in God's love for me."--Katie Abbot, March 2, 1859.
ImageImage
I've had you so many times but somehow I want more.
invisible Pole

Post by invisible Pole »

Just watched another episode of "Honey, I shrunk the kids" (the tv series).
Me and my kids love it !!
If you don't know what is wrong with me
Then you don't know what you've missed
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

"Seeded rolls at the lesbian bakery" is a lot of fun to say.
verena

Post by verena »

Thanks to you Mister Misery for your kindness (and bravery). :wink:
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

I dyed my hair a new shade and it looks weird. And not in a good way. Just what I needed, another eccentricity. :roll: :?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

pictures!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

For better or worse I still have no way of posting pix to this durned forum. (Anyone know a foto-hosting service that would allow me to??) And no picture, yet, of the new hair in allegedly "Biscotti/Dark Blonde". :? 8) I think my current sig now refers to my hair color!! :o
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

I'm sure BT could find space, even if only temporarily :wink:
Mike Boom

Post by Mike Boom »

Next Being There cover sorted eh?
echos myron like a siren
with endurance like the liberty bell
and he tells you of the dreamers
but he's cracked up like the road
and he'd like to lift us up, but we're a very heavy load
tallulah

Post by tallulah »

selfmademug wrote:For better or worse I still have no way of posting pix to this durned forum. (Anyone know a foto-hosting service that would allow me to??) And no picture, yet, of the new hair in allegedly "Biscotti/Dark Blonde". :? 8) I think my current sig now refers to my hair color!! :o
Can't you upload to Flickr and then paste the code here??

For example -

And I was happy to be alive, in a magic world.
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

selfmademug wrote:For better or worse I still have no way of posting pix to this durned forum. (Anyone know a foto-hosting service that would allow me to??) And no picture, yet, of the new hair in allegedly "Biscotti/Dark Blonde". :? 8) I think my current sig now refers to my hair color!! :o
Stick 'em up on putfile.com, then control-click, select "open image in new window", copy the address and paste it as an image on here.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Nice sneaks, Tallu! :wink:

Hmm, I thought I'd tried posting from Flickr... clearly not properly! Okay, will take the pic and post it in the pictures section, eventually.
tallulah

Post by tallulah »

All you do is grab the photos URL (from the download page) and then put image tags around it. And voila! :D
And I was happy to be alive, in a magic world.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Maybe I wasn't doing it from the download page-- cause I do know how to post pictures!

Okay, have posted it on the post-yur-photo thread now...
Last edited by selfmademug on Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Who Shot Sam? wrote:Anyone know what's happened to KH - maybe out on tour? - 'cause I haven't seen him post in a long long time.
The last I heard he was somewhere between tenderness and brute force.

He had talked a little while about playing in London. I hope he does.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Is there any reason to believe or not to believe that the film Dancer In The Dark takes its title from Joni Mitchell's My Old Man?
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
bobster

Post by bobster »

Don't know the Joni Mitchell song, but I always assumed it was an allusion to the the old Diedrich/Schwartz standard "Dancing in the Dark" which Fred Astaire and Cyd Charrisse danced to "The Bandwagon" (but definitely not the Bruce Springsteen hit, which of course was the background of the Bruuce-Courtney Cox pas de deux).
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Don't think a Joni connection makes sense given the lyrics of that song, Otis.
bobster wrote: I always assumed it was an allusion to the the old Diedrich/Schwartz standard "Dancing in the Dark" which Fred Astaire and Cyd Charrisse danced to "The Bandwagon"
And to the more general fact that Bjork's character is obsessed with musicals, and is going blind-- and somewhat mad. Thus the darkness.

Love that film; the kind you see once and it just sticks forever, which is good as I'm not sure I could sit through it again, it's so fucking painful. Joel Grey at the end is priceless, speaking of musicals and dancing.
El Vez

Post by El Vez »

Had a creepy moment today at work. This older gentleman, who already reminded me of the "Newsboy" perv on Family Guy, had to give me change for a transaction and instead of handing me the change, he held out his palm which was FULL of random coinage and told me "Come get what you need." I had to fish through that dude's sweaty palm for fifteen measly cents. I feel so unclean.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

selfmademug wrote:Don't think a Joni connection makes sense given the lyrics of that song, Otis.
Ain't seen the film, but was just struck by the line about 'He [i.e. my old man] is a dancer in the dark'.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Since when is 7:30 PM considered a "late dinner"?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
lawngnome

Post by lawngnome »

If I ever have another 8am class I'm running off to join the circus. And I mean it this time.