What are your favorite album titles?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Labour of Lust!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Jack of All Parades

Re: What are your favorite album titles?

Post by Jack of All Parades »

"The Gilded Palace of Sin"- kind of says it all for me.

"Emotional Facisim"- should have been the title of another record- far more effective! :wink:
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Poor Deportee

Re: What are your favorite album titles?

Post by Poor Deportee »

BIRTH OF THE COOL. By some distance!

Nick Lowe's pun-filled titles are always amusing. The Abominable Showman cracks me up.

And I'd like to register my endorsement of Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, as an album title if not a way of life.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do gets an honourable mention for sheer audacious inanity.

EC's best title? Tough call. His titles are generally good without being jaw-droppingly inspired. All This Useless Beauty is a wan album but an admirably ambiguous title; Brutal Youth and Blood and Chocolate jump out at you for obvious reasons; and Get Happy!! has two exclamation marks. King of America is the best joke of the lot.
When man has destroyed what he thinks he owns
I hope no living thing cries over his bones