Sick

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Who Shot Sam?

Sick

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

Lord I feel like I've been hit by a truck. My throat absolutely on fire very time I swallow. Happy Easter everyone!
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Sorry to hear-- the gargling with crushed-aspirin-in-water thing works pretty well. :(

And Happy Easter to those who celebrate it!

My son and I got a hamster yesterday.
crash8_durham

Post by crash8_durham »

Dealt with that earlier this year Sam. I feel your pain. Get well soon.

Try Zicam. ITs a spray and it really works well with making it go away sooner and making it feel better in the interum. Use the one you spray in your mouth. The one that you spray in your nose has a couple cases of loss of scence of smell. This all came from my doctor when I had that earlier. But I used the Zicam and it did work really well.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

You have my sympathy Sam - sore throat and ears here too! :(
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

crash8_durham wrote:Dealt with that earlier this year Sam. I feel your pain. Get well soon.

Try Zicam. ITs a spray and it really works well with making it go away sooner and making it feel better in the interum. Use the one you spray in your mouth. The one that you spray in your nose has a couple cases of loss of scence of smell. This all came from my doctor when I had that earlier. But I used the Zicam and it did work really well.
Thanks crash. My stepmother gave me the Zicam spray earlier today and it seems to have helped. A good night's sleep is what I need most of all. My kids are like little germ magnets, and anything they bring home from daycare I inevitably end up getting as well.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Everyone is sick lately! I have bronchitis (again--and I know smoking doesn't help); two of my friends here in town have sore throats, and a best friend in Des Moines sounds like he's been gargling with gravel. I think it's a conspiracy...
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

My sister and her husband went to Hawaii for a friends wedding over Easter (Happy Easter everyone!!) They live in Massachusettes and they both have bronchitis. They said the pain was so horrible they were actually in tears.

Sorry to hear some of you aren't feeling well. My son came home from college w/his girlfriend and they were both sick also.
I just finished my 6th and final chemotherapy treatment and I sure as heck hope I don't catch anything!!

I can tell ya, WhoShotSam?, that my Mom swears by gargling w/warm salt water, and either drinking hot lemonade (squeeze into a cup of water the juice of 1/2 to one lemon and heat up like you're making tea. sweeten if you choose, but drink it down as hot as you can. That's the key. And she swears it breaks up the phlegm and congestion. It really does!)
She also swears by drinking hot milk w/honey before bed. She gave us that at night before we went to bed when we were kids.

Hope ya feel better. :)
I'm not angry anymore....