Alone for NYE

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
selfmademug

Alone for NYE

Post by selfmademug »

Who else is in this elite club?

I've got no one to kiss tonight, though frankly that's no different from when I was with my husband. I'm planning an exciting evening of champagne, ibuprofen and marijuana, a combination I hope will drive off my menstrual cramps and put me to sleep by, say, 8:30.....

:? 8)
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

A flagon of this

and a packet of these

extra hot ,

will sort you out.
Last edited by martinfoyle on Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

I'm in.

My poisons, more of necessity than choice, will be ibuprofen, Nyquil, and Robitussin with codeine.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Re: Alone for NYE

Post by spooky girlfriend »

selfmademug wrote:I've got no one to kiss tonight, though frankly that's no different from when I was with my husband.
Been there, done that already Mug. Sorry you're there tonight though - you deserve better. I'm crossing my fingers for you for next year.

Conscious choice to stay in tonight, although I'm putting on a sequined dress anyhow - just because I want to, damnit. I'm catering my own party with snacks, champagne, etc. The kids are excited and a couple of their friends are coming over. It's not a grand affair, but I'm here with family and we're all safe and sound.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

That's sweet, Spooky. And thanks for the wishes!

Hey, at least there's a What Not To Wear marathon on...

Martin, I'll take that antidote, thanks! Anything extra hot is extra me.

As for you, my Swedish Chef, I'll be thinking of you. We're partners in over-the-counter crime... hope you feel better!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Solitary on the bough of a gnarled old tree, and it's blowing a gale...

I was gonna go out tonight, but I'm not feeling to great. Ah well...I don't really give a toss about Hogmanay anyways.
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

Me!

But I have this shirt on to keep me satisfied.

My emblem is a littler smaller, but I like it smaller. :)
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Nice shirt, wehitandrun!

Red and I are spending the night on our own (though my sisters are lurking about for at least part of the evening)

There will be a veggie menu of cashew nut paella, mixed mushroom insalata, and baked apples with yogurt for dessert.

Pre-dinner drink: flavored martinis
Dinner drink - Chilean Cabernet Savignon
Post-dinner drink - Champagne to ring in the new year!

I had initially hoped for more of a party, but I'm quite excited for this evening!
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

You're outta the club!!! But that sounds very nice, and I wish you both the best. Thanks for your, er moderation. :D
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well, Happy 2005 to y'all. Mr. David Bowie serenaded me into 2005 singing THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD on the new live A REALITY DVD (and my new cool multimedia speaker system, see 'best x-mas gifts' thread).

I'm going to bed. Alone, but at least I didn't have a rotten evening!
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I ended up hanging out with an acquaintance... but it will end an alone night. :o
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Together Alone

that's a good Crowded House song...

Selfmade, why didn't you invite me over?

Bluech and his gal ate some and then he wrote:veggie menu of cashew nut paella
A veggie paella with cashews? Kind of oily (or Oily...? 8) )... wouldn't it be? This coming from a hard paella man of sorts. Don't know how much great rice and seafood and other carnivourous delights are frowned upon in other places, but it's worth it for them to get the stuff for a proper paella, whenever they serve it...

A veggie paella. I just don't see the point of calling it a paella, ya know.

Or had you already gone vego and never tried one (a pealla)? (In recent Bluech avatars, he seemed to have had lost some weight. Compared to earlier Blue Chair pictures, that is. Or maybe he just, like, stretched or something... it was hard to tell).
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Well, it seemed a bit far, Boo, plus I wasn't actually feeling all that great. But thanks!

I was treated to a killer Paella myself on Christmas eve-- big fat shrimp, chicken falling off the bone, chorizo, the works. The whole house smelled of saffron. Mmmmm....
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Just not New Years without Dick Clark. We stayed in - I cooked steak on the grill and shrimp scampi and watched Jools Holland on the tube.

Mug - I must say I was a bit envious - I missed the demon weed this year - even if you were only using it for medicinal purposes.
Everyone just needs to fuckin’ relax. Smoke more weed, the world is ending.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Boy With A Problem wrote:even if you were only using it for medicinal purposes.
I have far too little moral fiber for that (though damn it does help cramps)... 8) Sorry I couldn't've shared!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

This was my first NYE as a single woman, and it was fabulous! Went to a big party in the Windy City with tons of great friends, but I was alone. Kinda. The best New Year's Eve ever.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Wow, it sounds great. I am jealous.... :( But happy for you, ya hot ticket, you!
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Mug, that you weren't feeling all that great may've been why I would have swum the Pacific and crossed the country for you.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Dang that is sweet. Thank you.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Of course, I'd expect a bit of your best stash after that!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

Yeah, Mug--I had a great time, but it would have been nice to have a little puff, too...hope you had a good NYE!
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks; It was okay given that I was alone and had cramps. And I would of course have shared all sources of entertainment with you lovely folks.

This first day of the year went very well, up until about 30 minutes ago. Nothing like hurt from someone you love to start the year off right!!

:(

Don't bother asking.... :?
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Sorry your Jan 1 started bad Mug, but hope your New Year is the best.
My NYE was at a Super8 in Jackson Tn. My sons and I toasted with some sparkling juice, and then I moved to the Tuaca. The TV was dominated with the Cartoon Network, but I did manage to catch some Three Stooges and Twilight Zone.
I drove my ass off today, and made it to Mesquite in 7 1/2 hours. Pretty good time. :D
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Thanks, Leg guy.

I know those long driving days well, though I avoided them this time 'round.

I miss my little guy, it won't be 2005 until I see him on Tuesday...
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

God I hate this fucking year so far. I thought I'd done okay to get through New Year's Eve on my own but no, I had to get kicked down just as I was getting to my feet for the new year. Are there people who just enjoy using people like cat toys, batting them around until they're not quite dead, waiting for them to muster their remaining life and then sinking the claws in again? And if so why the fuck do I still see the redeeming qualities in them and continue to love them and assume they'll come around to acting decently? I'm not self-destructive, I have a huge sense of self-preservation. And yet I can't eat or sleep for being so upset, or leave the house.

I don't understand why people are so cruel.

For better or worse, as a Mom I just have to keep on doing.

Sorry to vent this here; I'm a bit desperate at the moment. We now return you to your regularly scheduled random comments & sarcastic whining.

Signed,

MisanthropicMug