The italian Job

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
tux

The italian Job

Post by tux »

Well, saw it last night, must say, I thought it was an entertaining movie. I like heist type movies, so I figured it would be decent with Edward Norton, and cast. I also enjoyed the fact there there wasn't too much "out there explosions" and far fetched stunts.. with the exception of maybe one or two..

all around enjoyable....
~tux.

For all your IT needs check us out.
Open Source Managed Networks
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Haven't seen this one yet - but I liked Ed Norton from Keeping the Faith. With all my kids in the house, I may end up sitting through Finding Nemo before this one though, although the critics are saying good things. Sounds like Italian Job is one to sneak to without the kids. :)
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

I actually want to see Finding Nemo as well, everything I've heard is saying good things about it. Though I think I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD or go to a midnight show to avoid the 'kiddies'... :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I wanted to see Finding Nemo too, but somehow I ended up seeing Bruce Allmighty instead . . .
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Is this a remake of the original Italian job from '69/'70 with Michael Caine and all the minis in Turin? Impossible, you can't do a remake of that. Boycott the cinema now! Unless it's a reissue.

Can't wait for Finding Nemo to hit England. The upside of being a dad...
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Yes, Otis, its a remake. The original was not a hit in the US, so it carrys no baggage for the colonists. Here in the UK and Ireland its a zeitgeist film, sort of our Its A Wonderful Life. That said this version is getting some good reviews, Ed Norton really hams it up as a bad guy, apparently. Does he do the Noel Coward role? I'm looking forward to seeing it when it gets here in September.
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

Saw this last weekend, and have not seen the original. It was a great hesit flick- no stupid 'romance' subplot eating up time, the 'heroes' don't use guns and no one dies directly at their hands. Foul language at a minimum too. Cool flick.