A little love to O.A.

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
legman open to offers

A little love to O.A.

Post by legman open to offers »

Time to show a little love back to Oliver's Army, who I got to see again a week or so ago. It's been over 2 yrs. since Mr. Costello played in Dallas, and that venue has been torn down since then. But Oliver's Army is doing a fabulous job playing E.C. music live. From Beyond Belief to Busy Bodies, Two Little Hitlers to Little Triggers they don't miss a lick. Their version of Uncomplicated rivals the original, IMO.
Just thought I would let everyone know how great of a job they are doing covering the music of our Beloved Entertainer. They are an oasis in the Elvis live dry times. :D
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Besides his strong personal convictions, his vocation to educate our youth, and his ability to turn a phrase, I think the fact that NoiseRadio dedicates his free time to exposing others to music that he loves is why these threads become enlivened by his input. I for one appreciate his thoughtful, informative, and witty posts.

When I think of a fan, I think of someone who has some outward evidence of their appreciation for a performer. We come in many shapes and sizes of fandom, but to progess from liking the music, to studying the music and the artist(s), then memorizing not just the words but the music as well such that it can be recreated in ensemble for the enjoyment of others is a real testament to dedication.

I look very much forward to getting to Texas now that I have again found gainful employ. Highpoint will be to try to time the trip with a live performance. Sure, we have all worked together to load the ballot boxes when the best local bands contests are run ( a process that the Democrats have mastered...A JOKE, JUST KIDDING), I have heard enough to know that I have got to get to see his band perform.

Sounds like an old Bill Murray Saturday Night Live film critic review: "I haven't seen it, but I think they have a scene with Julie Andrews topless, so I'll give it four stars! Now get out of here, would ya."
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
wehitandrun

Post by wehitandrun »

I was hoping this was an Opie and Anthony thread. :oops:
legman open to offers

Post by legman open to offers »

Hear hear, Mr.Average. Join us in Texas anytime you can. Sorry to disappoint whar. You have some Opie andd Anthony points?
Now I'm the invisible man, and you can't see me.
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Hey thanks a lot legman and Mr. Average. I really appreciate it.

Mr. Average, if you're really headed to Texas anytime soon, you have to give me a couple months heads up, so we can be sure to have a gig when you're here. After the nomination last year, wev'e been blessed with a lot of gigs, but we don't quite play every weekend. Still, we could probably set something up somewhere if we knew you were coming.

Thanks again for the kind words.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare