Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Buffy! that's where my old signature came from--'if the apocalypse comes, beep me.' I watch the reruns on FX. I went to Beatlefest in Atlanta once. It was pretty cool. No celebrities to gawk at, tho.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I sometimes worry if I may be gay. I like to read John Cheever and I have CDs by Indigo Girls, The Story, Alanis Morissette, Duncan Sheik and others who may be considered introspective and emotional.

It's a good thing I am such a hunk, but it can be a burden at times :D
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Okay, I'm not exactly in love anymore. He's very lukewarm (is that an oxymoron?) on the subject of Elvis. And he snores, but won't admit it. "It's more of a purring sound," he says. ("Je ronfle pas, je ronronne.") But I still like him a lot.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

Miss Buenos Aires wrote:
"It's more of a purring sound," he says. ("Je ronfle pas, je ronronne.")
That's too cute!
My husband snorts. But only when he sleeps on his back. Roll him over!
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

a man who's willing to say he purrs sounds very interesting.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

ICE NINE: That doesnt sound gay to me - just sensitve, a very attractive quality in a man!!! Post your pic when Taz sets it up and i'll tell you if you look gay!! :lol:

I've got the dibbs on the worlds worst snorer! We have been into watching a programme here in the UK called most haunted where they spend the night in haunted places and see if they can film and record spooks. Some strange stuff has been happening around this house of late, so we set up a night camera in our bedroom to film through the night and see if we could catch anything on film. We didnt catch a ghost but we did catch 8 solid hours of ear shattering snoring! My partner was flabberghasted and said he couldnt believe the noise level and was full of admiration that I put up with it. It doesnt bother me - I have learnt to sleep through it. I think 5 years of sleep depravation when my youngest was a baby taught me that! :lol:
Last edited by Gillibeanz on Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

Thanks for the feedback Gilli

I forgot to add Truman Capote on my list of favorite authors.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

spooky girlfriend wrote:OOohhh, Bunny. Very nice. Got any more revealing ones? 8)

I meant to tell you I had been looking at your photo page. Neat stuff. What kind of photography are you studying?
Cheers, Spooky. I've studied general photography for the past two years but I'm narrowing it down to either advertising (sell your soul to the devil but you get loadsa money), journalism, or just go freelance. Freelance suits my lazy-ass, although my bank would like me to go down the advertising route.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Bunny - I almost did advertising, but took journalism instead. I can't stand the sorry state of what gets called journalism nowadays, so I don't use it. That's why I just want to go back to writing the things that make me happy.

I took one photography class in college but I didn't pay enough attention to remember much. Besides, it was back in the dark ages before digital cameras and stuff. But, I still appreciate a picture for the thought that went into it, how the subject sits in the frame and even what is in the background.

As for selling your soul, everybody does it somehow - no matter what job they have. :) Let me know when you post more pics - I'd enjoy seeing more.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

jeeez....people are suddenly obsessed with being gay on this board......
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Spooky - I put new photies up every day (if I've seen something I find interesting in the day, which is not always the case).

I remember when I started my diploma thinking that digital cameras would never overtake the film developing and darkroom process. I actually had an argument with my tutor of all people on the whole thing. That was only 2 years ago. It's a scary thought, but I really do think the traditional photography medium will be obsolete to all but the traditionalists within the next 5 to 10 years.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Bunny (sorry - I know you have a new name, I'm just not used to it yet) I really like your pic today of the little girl. Very nice. It's like she was playing peek-a-boo with you without ever leaving her stroller. :)
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

Okay...I've sat back and watched this thread almost die...did we all forget what the rules? Come on people!!!! :lol:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

okay, how gay isn't this board?
i have been with you people for months and i am really starting to believe i am the only one....

cope- i must say i do adore your love of the luvin'! even if it is heterosaurus.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

FB: Well, don't leave just because you may be the only one. I don't know of any more, but it doesn't really matter. :)

Glad to see you're taking time from the babies to come to the board for a few minutes! :)
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

So, are we talking "gay", as in "happy and gay", or are we talking "gay" as in "non-heterosexual"??

And who the hell cares, anyway??

Cheers to firebetty, I say!!

:!:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

sulky, we are talking all senses of the word. wouldn't usually say happy "gay", but am qiuet in love with my babies at the moment. they like my singing! and they laugh at all my jokes. plus old friends are coming round to meet the babes, and the moments me and my girl have together alone have been sweet.

spooky, the note of being the only one on the board was really just a humorus personal response to cope's note of how gay this thread had become gay obsessed.
hey, both of you are mom's right? how do you do it? since becoming a mom i have been forced to become much more effecient. especially if i want to hang with all you sweeties.

don't even bother forgiving my spelling. it has always been a train wreck.
taz, can you fix this board up with spell check?
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

firebetty: Motherhood is a demanding job. I'm raising four - ages 9 - 14. Of course they can all go to the bathroom and feed themselves so I'm a little beyond where you are - but I've been that mom, carrying diaper bags and double strollers when my kids were so close together. Embarassed to go anywhere because the kids always did something stupid.

Being a mom brings out a side of you that you didn't know you had. You become this super person you didn't know you were even capable of becoming. And you don't always get everything accomplished, but at the end of the day - occasionally - you know that you're still doing more than you ever thought you would. Some days, it's a really good feeling. There are those days when you didn't do everything you meant to, but you're still doing well. Really.

We look forward to your finding time to post. You need the free time. Take it. :) My daddy used to tell me - you don't find time, you make time.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

this is completely apropos of anything, but what else is this thread for?

ever heard the conundrum 'does a bear shit in the woods'? well, they do. saw one doing just that saturday afternoon. Big feller. 300-350 lbs backed up to a tree relieving him(or her)self. Not something you see everyday. It's been years since I ran into a bear while hiking. The kids were thrilled as well--my 9 year old son almost peed in his pants laughing so hard. Wasn't much of a wildlife day until then. A centipede, a millipede and then, a bear.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

300-350 lbs, huh? I'm sorry about that MS...I thought I was alone...I apologize if I frightened any of your children. Worst part is that we still might never know the answer to that old adage... :D
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
A rope leash

Was it a Ford bear or a Chevy bear?

Post by A rope leash »

Was anyone there to smell it? Did it stink? Was it dolloped like a big Hershey kiss, or was it a log pile? Damnit! Didn't you bring a camera?

Final proof of one of mankind's most asked questions, and you forgot your camera. Ain't that just how it goes?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

story of my life, rope...I'm always forgetting my camera. I probably could've sold it to the Enquirer! Another opportunity came knocking while I was in the shower. :roll:

Black bears, which Taz was dressed as, poop great big piles of pellets kind of like rabbit poop. The poop stinks and so do the bears. Taz was far enough away that I couldn't smell him or his poop.
Thus ends today's lecture on bear droppings! If you need more information, you can PM me.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

firebetty, could you smooch those babies for me? smooching babies is one of the wonders of the universe. i love babies. as long as they ain't mine, i loves 'em. wanna hold 'em, and smooch 'em. amazing things.
firebetty

Post by firebetty »

consider them smooched.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Fire Crotch Betty!!! weiiiiii Now I know why I like you....you're GAY! Good for you honey. And how do you know I'm hetro??? I could be a switch hitter for all you know.........(my girlfriend is, and I love her for it)