Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Back to where we left off (conversation killers...)

Post by sulkygirl »

Okay, Miss BA started the ball rolling again after the big "crash" at http://www.elviscostellofans.net...
Miss Buenos Aires said...

I just wanted to start a new thread that is forbidden to end, because that thing (you know what thing I mean) is so annoying. Here's where we left off:

-costellopunk!! and Ben are cute
-A Rope Leash doesn't want to pay for other people's mistakes
-Poppet prefers aunthood to motherhood

And a little extra tidbit to start off the new thread:

-mlle buenos aires is in love
Now, we'd just gotten to the point where, after explaingin that she is in love, Ms. BA finally told "the boy who needs to know" all about her new love, at which point, he pretty much puked on his shoes. Details, Ms. BA?

:twisted:

And yes, I AM evil & twisted!!
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Sulkygirl, your avatar IS kind of scary.

I've got an internship at an AM newsradio station here in Kalamazoo, and a new guy named robert is doing a local baseball team's play-by-play.

HE'S FROM YAKEMA! Small world eh Sulky?
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

His name wouldn't be Rob Clem, would it??
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

YES IT IS!

Should I approach him and see if he wants to be friends?
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

it's old home week at the meta-post!!

but let's get back to Miss BA---details, we need details!
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

LessThanZero wrote:YES IT IS!

Should I approach him and see if he wants to be friends?
Rob Clem & I went to Radio Broadcast School together at Yakima Valley Vocational Skills Center back in 1980-81 (Senior Year of High School)...as a matter of fact, I got my first radio job at KENE in Toppenish, Washington, because it was too long a drive for him from Yakima, & I lived closer, in Zillah. He recommended me for the position. Several years later, I ran into him (he was working in Sales) when I was working for KYAK in Anchorage, Alaska (Bingham Broadcasting Corporation...ask him if he can remember the name of the FM side). I think he went to work for KWHL after that, or maybe he came over to us from there, can't remember.

Go ahead & show him this, if you'd like, tell him Robin Scott says, "hey!"

NOTE: If he has a hard time believing this, tell him I remember back when his Dad (Bob Clem) was a Yakima TV Advertising fixture...Sarge Hubbards, in particular...

Love it!!

:shock:
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

UH OH SULKY!

Wrong Rob... :(

I only knew his name was Rob, so I assumed it was the same guy!

I think this Rob was raised in NYC and went to college at Syracuse. Then he went to Yakima and did som baseball play-by-play...

But I'll double check that. :)
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

You two seem so lonely.

so lo lo lo, I feel lo lo lo, I feel lo lo looo.
I feel lo lo lo, I feel lo lo...lo, LO! I Feel Lo
I feel lo, I feel lo, I feel so lonely, I feel so lonely
I feel so lonely, lonely, lonely, lo
LONELY, LO, I FEEL SO LONELY...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

wow noise, I can't believe I just read every word and pseudo-word of your post! Maybe I AM lonely! :shock:
sulkygirl

Post by sulkygirl »

noiseradio wrote:You two seem so lonely.
Nah, noise, just exquisitely bored. And while I threw "Rob" to LTZ, I really guess there wasn't much chance, just one of those little "pop-ups" on the brain, an idiotic "flash", if you will. Yakima may be small, but do you have any idea of how many "broadcasters" may have passed through this town in the last 20-some-odd years who sport and alias of "Rob something-or-other"? No offense, LTZ, but my a.k.a. varied from "Calamity Robin" to "Rob Lea Scott" and "Robin Scott", depending on the market I was in. If you can get the guy's real name (and that ISN'T a given), it might be someone I once new, but, then again...maybe not. Worth a try?

:D
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Okay, selected details:

Tom flipped out. No details here, because he was being ridiculous, considering that we've been broken up for six months.

Sébastien makes my heart go pitter-patter. Everything I find out about him makes me go, "shit! How did I pick you out from across the room?" Like, he's an atheist, and a vegetarian (so, so rare among the French). And his hands are enormous! Somehow I can't get over this.

I keep adding more and then deleting it, just because it's all so silly. But I am being silly a lot right now.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

big hands, big...feet? Now I'm being silly. Congratulations, Miss BA--to be in love, in Paris, in the Spring with a Gallic atheist/vegetarian--sounds like a movie or a Gilbert & Sullivan operetta. I wish you lots and lots, beaucoups even!, of happiness. Post more details for the old hags living vicariously on message boards. :lol:
Like me, the "g" is silent.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

miss b.a - Seems to good to be true, are you sure that he isn't gay as well? :shock:
signed with love and vicious kisses
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I am very, very sure that he isn't gay. I can't tell you how I know this, but I do. Very, very sure.
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

say no more, nudge nudge.
signed with love and vicious kisses
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

There is something to be said about men who appear, at first glance, to be gay. Mlle. BA, you are blessed--believe me! You have a man who is sensitive, can think for himself, and has big hands...and, yes, the big hands are a good indication.

I myself am the paramour of a gay acting straight man. The advantages far outweigh the obstacles. For instance: you always know that your man will be dressed well, and every hair on his head will be perfectly in place. He knows how to buy, maintain and arrange flowers. Movies like "Titanic", "Moonstruck" and "A River Runs Through It" will be part of his DVD collection. His underwear will ALWAYS be clean. If he likes sports, he will understand if you don't, and will not force you to watch them, or ignore you while a game is on (I love American football, so this isn't a problem for my honey and me). And, most gay acting straight men are absolutely gorgeous.

But, the best part is that you have this sexy, considerate, sensitive, sharp dressed, hotter-than-hell guy that girls usually don't try to hit on because they think he likes guys.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

As they say - all the best ones are either married or gay. An ex of one of my female friends was incredibly tidy and had Dusty Springfield and the Pet Shop Boys cds in his collection. The relationship was not to be.
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I have Dusty In Memphis and I'm not gay at all. Neither is Elvis, and from what I understand it's one of his favourite albums.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

but do you have The Pet Shop Boys? :lol:

according to the Sweet Potato Queens, every woman needs five men in her life: a handyman, a lover, and....dammit, I've forgotten!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

MS - I hear that's a good book. The librarian at my kids' school has been suggesting it to me for some time now. Hmmm, a handyman, a lover - I would say something about someone to carry out trash, mow the lawn and step on bugs, but I'm capable of doing all that myself. Just as long as there's also much fun in the bedroom (or other assorted rooms). :)

Miss BA - Cheers to you being in love :) New love is so grand. Love with experience is good too, but new -still getting to know each other love- is wonderful. Enjoy every moment!! :wink:
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

BlueChair wrote:I have Dusty In Memphis and I'm not gay at all. Neither is Elvis, and from what I understand it's one of his favourite albums.
mood swung wrote:but do you have The Pet Shop Boys?
Yes, and are you obsessively tidy? I'm not saying all men who have a Springfield cd are gay. That would just be stupid. It's a combination of all three factors. And if I was to drop by your abode would I notice a (not so) secret copy of "Boyz" magazine? It was the mag that really gave it away.

Keep a tight hold, MBA.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I've got the Pet Shop Boys Liza Minelli LP among my various PSBs. Do I qualify? And I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, though I'm not especially tidy, and can often be untidy. So I'm partially a Gay Acting Straight Man.

New acronym: Outrageously Randy Gay Acting Straight Man.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Interesting theory Otis. I tried acting gay once but it didn't work. Can you give me lessons? They should have courses - how to master acting gay, to attract women, in 6 weeks.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

walk this way? learn showtunes? there's probably a book on it somewhere--try amazon! I think the Gay Friend was one of the five...damn, I've got to find that book again. I'm missing 4 out of 5!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

MS - I believe these are the five men women are supposed to have in their lives at all times - according to the book The Sweet Potato Queen's Book of Love -

1) a man who can fix things
2) a man you can dance with
3) a man who can pay for things
4) a man you can talk to
5) a man to have great sex with