april bridal showers

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
miss buenos aires

april bridal showers

Post by miss buenos aires »

I'm organizing a bridal shower for my sister next month. What exactly does one do at a bridal shower? I mean games and activities and whatnot.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

Sweet Jesus, no games. Unless they are drinking games, grown women shouldn't be made to play games as if they were at a children's birthday party. I've been to a hundred bridal showers, and no one but the organizer of the party likes the games.

Seriously, though, a catered lunch, or brunch at a nice restaurant is good, or cocktails at a fancy hotel's bar is fun.

How much do you want to spend? How about hiring a boat to take you for a cruise and cocktails around Manhattan?
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

Actually, it's going to be at a friend's house, nothing fancy. I just have no idea what one does at these things.
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

If I'm not mistaken I believe there is a lot of lingerie wearing and pillow fighting...I could be wrong... :wink:
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

1. Good food and good drink
2. Presents (theme optional, e.g., lingerie, jewelry, stuff specific to her honeymoon, etc.)
3. Lots of laughter

That should do it!
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

Fly over to Dublin and join the rest of the shrieking hen parties that take place most weekends in the oh-so cultural Temple Bar area.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/vt/48455/7/8b4/
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Dunno - English here we dont have showers ....well only the rain type ones and lots of them!! All we have is a hen night when all the females go out for one last 'singles night' get drunk and boogie!!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!