Take the Geek Test!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
johnfoyle

Take the Geek Test!

Post by johnfoyle »

Just seen this on the fabulous JazzPrincess/Diana Krall forum -

Click here to take the Geek Test!

http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html

I got
8.48126% - Poser

......which means nothing to me .
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Ruh-roh....

I got 34.714% - Total Geek

It was the Monty Python script and collecting cool rocks that got me... oh and knowing that the answer is 42, but who doesn't know that?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Oh man...I got GEEK 20.903%....Im a biologist, I have to use latin, and know about sciencey things! :(
Last edited by laughingcrow on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

I have "Geekish Tendencies" . . . I guess I dont watch enough Star Trek to achieve true geek status.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

I scored 3.74753% - Poser, whatever that means. I'm shattered.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

*feeling really dorky*
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

19.13215% - Geek

not bad...right?
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

20.9073% - Geek

Bow before me, suckas! C'mon, just a little bit of bowing?
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

7.29783% - Poser 8)
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
noiseradio

Post by noiseradio »

Total Geek. 30-something %
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--William Shakespeare
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

30.76923% - Total Geek
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Oh thank Spock there are folks as bad as me...
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

I have geekish tendencies at 11-something %. The man of the house is a total geek at 32 or so %. Like I didn't already know that. I think that dating and having married a geek is what pushed me into the geekish tendencies category. It's all his fault.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I'm a notch above G2S with Geekish Tendencies at 12.something. Hilarious that Mug is our resident Geek. If it were less Star Trek and computer oriented, I might have done a lot better. I checked that there are other things I could have been Geeked on (e.g. knowing at least 10 book ISBNs by memory, if not 20, or anything else related to my line of work), and also that I'd exaggerated to get points.

Why 42?

And what is the SCA?

And why exactly do either glasses (OK, obvious steretype) or snorting while laughing (which I checked) indicate geekishness?
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

42 is the meaning of life according to Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.

I don't see that as being geeky in the UK....i thought everyone knew 42 was the meaning of liff.
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

laughingcrow wrote:I don't see that as being geeky in the UK....i thought everyone knew 42 was the meaning of liff.
I agree-- I haven't even read the books, only heard the radio play!

I admit my brother and husband have exposed me to a lot of Star Trek, and I read 2001 as a kid, and other bits and pieces. And I love science. But I'm a bit baffled by my score, since I'm not that computer knowledgable, have never 'gamed' or been to any 'con'. Oh well....

PS-- My son and I are watching a THUNDERBIRDS DVD. This does not bode well for him!
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

No, sorry, knowing that makes anyone a total geek (though I did once make references to The Meaning of Liff for a student essay on language and representation). Why 42, anyway? Good age. 6 x 7. A square and its root. So what? And what about 'SCA', anyway?

Shame there weren't any questons relating to fantasy football. I think my spreadsheet relating to player performance might have scored rather highly.
Goody2Shoes

Post by Goody2Shoes »

SCA is Society for Creative Anachronism. I believe they dress in Elizabethan costumes and wave swords about and holler 'Huzzah!' at one another. I would like to point out that as one with only mildly geekish tendencies, I have never participated, but am associated with those who have. It is serious geekism.
It's a radiation vibe I'm groovin' on
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Post by DrSpooky »

21.30178% Geek

Hmmm... I wonder if Spooky answered the questions I would do more. Just getting ranked as a plain geek doesn't sound that bad to me. :) It looks like playing role playing games and the SCA might give you more points.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Ummm, let me see.

I did this test again - in the name of my dear DrS as he sat beside me, and wonder of wonders, the score was much higher. He did confess to much more than he did on his own with me present as his conscience. Let me post the real score that he rightfully earned this time:

39.84221% - Major Geek

I believe this score is much more accurate.

I however, am nothing close to a geek. Only married to one. :wink:
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

11.2426% - Geekish Tendencies
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

12.62whatever%-Geekish Tendencies.

I will just say that wearing three watches at a time is not necessarily geeky. Sometimes it is a fashion statement. And sometimes you are twelve years, and people keep giving you Swatch watches, and they all look cool, okay? It doesn't mean you're a geek.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

23.07692% - Geek

me geek.

divorced from a software engineer graduate of MIT and Stanford.

technical theater was my life in high school/college - though, i never did sound or lights. i liked props and costumes.

if i had time, i'd do SCA. great fun w/ costumes!

when office machines break, they come find me to take them apart and fix them. not the guys, not the project managers who spend their days getting buildings built, ME.

me geek girl. and i wear glasses too. and would gladly be a librarian if offered a position.

geeks are cool. so says me.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
uselessbeauty?

Post by uselessbeauty? »

32.93886% - Total Geek

i think it was the comic books that did me in since i hate star wars and star trek. That and I wear glasses and sometimes snort when i laugh, and read douglas adams and oh dammit... i'm a geek and i'm not ashamed to admit. i'll wave my geek banner like a flag. long wave old geeky glory
i knew they were going to fire me after i stole the eighteen wheeler. so i quit first.
true story
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

7.88955% - Poser 8) 8) 8) 8)
signed with love and vicious kisses