the who!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
rollnrocker

the who!

Post by rollnrocker »

hey guys, just got heard that the who are releasing a new compilation "Now and Then" which covers all their work of the past 40 years. sure another greatest hits, but this one has got 2 unreleased tracks, I am totally stoked about this! also word on the street is they are in the studio recording a new album, in the meantime "Now and Then" hits stores march 30th!
taz
Site Admin

Post by taz »

2 out of 4 aint bad....

(end my meatloaf rewrite)
A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a fuckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Cool! A must for my collection!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

I love The Who and have thus far resisted getting any hits compilations. However, like many other 60's bands they had many songs that were singles only, so it might be worth finally getting a compilation so I can have some of those singles and the two new songs.

I read recently that they're actually considering using a John Entwistle bass track recorded in rehearsals prior to his death for a song on the album (if it ever gets made!).
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Dudes! If one has Maximum R&B..(which I reccomend!)...is it worth buying the new one?
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

Cope,

Only if you really want the two new songs, which may end up on a new Who album anyway.

Another Who release that sounds very interesting is a Singles Collection that is finally being released. The singles collection also appears to contain the new songs, so I may go for that one. Many of the B-Sides are hard to find on CD. Though it does seem that some singles are missing, oddly enough.

From Billboard:

The Who will on April 12 release a 12-disc boxed set of singles via Universal U.K., including the group's first new tracks in two decades. As previously reported, "Real Good Looking Boy" and "Old Red Wine" will also appear on the retrospective "Then and Now," due March 30 via Geffen in North America.

The boxed set will house original advertisements for the singles and, in lieu of liner notes, the original reviews of the tracks in such U.K. publications as Melody Maker and NME. An array of sleeves have also been revived, including a rare French promotional sleeve for the "Pictures of Lily" single.

The full contents are: "I Can't Explain/"Bald Headed Woman"; "My Generation"/"Shout and Shimmy"; "Substitute"/"Circles"; "I'm a Boy"/"In the City"; "Happy Jack"/"I've Been Away"; "Pictures of Lily"/"Doctor Doctor"; "I Can See for Miles"/"Someone's Calling"; "Pinball Wizard"/"Dogs Part II"; "Won't Got Fooled Again"/"I Don't Even Know Myself"; "5.15"/"Water"; "Who Are You"/"Had Enough"; "Real Good Looking Boy"/"Old Red Wine."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Pov

Post by Pov »

Oh, God. I love The Who and I've seen them in concert a number of times over the years, but this is geting ridiculous. How many ways can they repackage the same old songs over and over again? Pete is my guitar hero, but he sure seems to be more interested in turning a quick buck than anything else these days.

An album of new material? Really, they should hang it up or at least not go through the charade of calling themselves The Who.