You Don't Know Jackshit!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Misha

You Don't Know Jackshit!!

Post by Misha »

Knew I'd get ya'll with that title!!! Ok, just got back in the house from the Jackshit gig in Los Angeles.

1. If you live in the LA area and don't go on March 4th, you are an idiot. The Baked Potato, on Cahuenga, starts at 9:30....bring your laugh to dust it off, as you will be using it alot!!!

2. What fun this was!!!! You could tell they hadn't played in awhile, but it didn't matter....they were having fun, we were having fun.

3. The lyrics..."Get down on it" go to every song. Just ask Davey. I think it was truly every song and in between....."Get down on it....get down on it." Never got old....we all joined in.

4. Davey can sing!!! Wow!! Any show that starts out with Davey saying, just tell me the key it's in and I can play it....what's the key??? cannot be bad!!!

5. Pete can sing!!!

6. Pete can play guitar!!!!

7. Van plays a MEAN guitar.....Jesus. Just forgot a few lyrics....

8. Mitchell Froom joined in on trumpet---(I didn't know it was him, another EC fan told me---could have been the valet for all I knew). There were three trumpeters total that joined in .....all great!

9. Jackson Browne came on at the end and did I think two songs....he was having fun too......

10. You have not lived until you have heard Pete Thomas say...."Cock a doodle doo" at the top of his lungs....really.

It was truly great fun.....Davey, Van and Pete were all very chatty and nice.

Get down on it!!

Oh, yeah, the guy that plays Charlottes gay friend on Sex in the City was there......I think it was him, if not he needs to get a job as his twin.....everyone looked at him and he seemed to know people...so I'm pretty darn sure it was him.

Get down on it!

Get down on it!!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I do hope the Get Down On It wasn't in any way connected to Get Down On It by Kool and the Gang :lol:

Sounds like you had as much fun as the band. :P

However, and more importantly, what information did you glean about THE NEW ALBUM they've been recording?
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Dang, that sounds fun!

And I assumed hoped it was the Kool and the Gang GET DOWN ON IT (which is now stuck in my head)... We have a great local band round these parts (Babaloo) which is prone to dive into the opening riff of EYE OF THE TIGER between tunes, which just cracks everybody up. Makes me laugh to think of it now, actually!
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Whoa, I'm jealous, Misha! You dog. What a great night!!!!!

I think you need to become a Jackshit groupie! :P
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

I think Misha already is!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
BlueChair

Post by BlueChair »

When you say Van...

Van Morrison?
This morning you've got time for a hot, home-cooked breakfast! Delicious and piping hot in only 3 microwave minutes.
Misha

Post by Misha »

I am tired as hell today at work!!

Ok, no, I did not ask Davey and Pete if they had a new EC album in the works, but may next time....for some damn reason I feel like I'm prying....I'll try to get over it.

I have now turned into a Jackshit groupie!! (I thought I had enough problems!!)

And dammit, I mean Val.......Val McCallum.....sorry.....

If you haven't heard them you are missing some fun.......

And most importantly it was the Kool and the Gang..

Get down on it!!

Which only made it the more funnier.......every song.....Get down on it....even the slow ones where it turned into Get down on it, shorty (shorty is Davey)

It was fun x 10!!!

You can get their album on Evangeline records, I know there is a website....

I can't wait for two weeks from tonight.....more Jackshit!!!
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

You can get their album on Evangeline records, I know there is a website....
Here's the link.
http://www.evangeline.co.uk/Gel4053.html
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

thought that Misha was having a pop at me for a minute!!

:lol: :lol:
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

Charlottes gay friend on "Sex and the City" was also at both Royce Hall shows last year. He sat behind us on the first night and then I saw him roaming around on the second night.
bobster

Re: You Don't Know Jackshit!!

Post by bobster »

<If you live in the LA area and don't go on March 4th, you are an idiot. The Baked Potato, on Cahuenga, starts at 9:30....bring your laugh to dust it off, as you will be using it alot!!!>

March 4th, which is the day after March 3rd, which is EC/Steve at UCLA (pronouned "Ook-lah") ...I'm too lazy to check whether EC and Steve will be doing a show that night or maybe, just maybe...

In any case, one last time, I need to remind you all that me am not an idiot person!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Mr. Average

Post by Mr. Average »

Don't need to remind me, Bobster...

I think you are one of the most engaging conversationalists that I have ever met. I'm not a big talker, usually, but while standing in line with you for two hours or so waiting for the HOB gig, I found myself completely immersed in conversation. Thanks for making two hours seem like 10 minutes.
"The smarter mysteries are hidden in the light" - Jean Giono (1895-1970)
bobster

Post by bobster »

Wasn't fishing for a compliment (though all compliments are gratefully accepted and sent to a calligrapher to inscribe on parchment, suitable for framing)...just meant I'll be seeing Jackshit!
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
Misha

Post by Misha »

YYYYAAAYAYYYYYY!!! Bobster is going to Jackshit!!!

Mr. Average....?????

You won't regret it....just plain fun!!!

Oooh, Bobster, you are right, the day after the UCLA gig.....anything is possible....or said better in spanish....todo es posible.....

Make sure you save room for a potato!!!

#5 rocks. Mushrooms!!!

Hey....get down on it! :D :D
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?