Who looks hideous? Who looks mahvelous?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
mood swung

Who looks hideous? Who looks mahvelous?

Post by mood swung »

And no, this is not about EC fans.
I continue to be obsessed with the ravages of time. So, I've been thinking of celebrities who look worse than me! 8) Of course, most of them are much older and have more city miles than highway miles...and stylists. and plastic surgeons. Rock & Rollers seem to age particularly badly. Robert Plant. Ozzy--he gets scarier every year! Cher...she has become The Mask.* Joan Rivers--she must be related to Ozzy.* I've always thought Keith Richards was one of the sexiest men on the planet, but he did not need to post shirtless on the cover of the Rolling Stone! I could've lived the rest of my life without knowing he had Old Man Skin. Chrissie Hynde still looks fabulous. She must've made one of those Robert Johnson deals with the devil. So tell me who's aged badly and who's gracefully? My votes: bad--Robert Plant. 40 miles of bad road. great--Chrissie Hynde. Makes me want to color my hair (again).

*lest I be thought a total idiot, I don't consider Cher and Joan rock & rollers! :oops: just a syntax thing...
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Well it really shouldn't matter, but a recent review I read asked the question: How did Peter Gabriel manage to age half a century in just ten years?

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Dr J: I wondered that myself when I saw this photo from this year's Grammy show:

http://www.elvis-costello.net/gallery/d ... mage_id=37
Boy With A Problem

Post by Boy With A Problem »

Morgan Farchild, Raquel Welch, Bowie, Nick Lowe and Dave Edmunds still look good.

Tina Louise, Teri Garr, Steve Jones (Sex Pistols), Jerry Lewis and Chris Penn - are all looking the opposite of good.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Hideous - everyone in the Rolling Stones

Marvellous - everyone who has had plastic surgery and botox injections and personal trainers

Its an unfair competition really isnt it? :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

I think Peter Gabriel looks pretty good--he's got that Ghandi/beatific thing going for him. Nick Lowe also looks awesome. I've said it before, but the man just keeps getting better looking...Elvis is holding up well, but he's not 50 yet--that seems to be the breaking point for men, looks-wise.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Did anybody read that Anne Robinson and Paul McCartney share the same botox doctor? I shall say no more.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

PlaythingOrPet wrote:Did anybody read that Anne Robinson and Paul McCartney share the same botox doctor? I shall say no more.
oh, that's just GROSS.

and, my personal opinion, but i don't think sir paul looks all that great.

maybe that's the point? :)

it's too early still for me. must find more caffeine.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

So what do you reckon girls? Does our Elvis dye his hair or use Grecian 2000? Methinks he does....approaching 50 and not a grey hair to be seen? - pretty damn suspicious!!....... :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
SoLikeCandy

Post by SoLikeCandy »

There isn't a gray hair to be seen because he's losing them all.
If there's one thing you can say about mankind--there's nothing kind about man
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

I'll take grizzled, yucky MicK Jagger's mug over some artificial crap any day. I find plastic surgery to be hideous looking. Madonna looks her age to me (a positive), although I heard recently maybe she was doing the Botox thing now.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

mahvelous: annie lennox
hideous: ann wilson
same: bonnie raitt
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
mood swung

Post by mood swung »

saw Steve Earle on Sessions at West 54th last night--well, two songs anyway, and I can testify to the fact that he is not handling the balding thing well altho' his is the most unique take on the combover I've ever seen. How many balding dudes have grown their bangs out and whipped them over the shiney spot? Can't think of any more balding dudes with bangs. He's not a small guy, either, so it was kind of hard for him to hold a guitar and play it at the same time. Belly factor. Arms too short. He must be very tall, too, and here's him and the Del Mccoury (sp?) band trying to bluegrass it with one microphone. The Del crew looked a little intimidated.
Like me, the "g" is silent.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

MS: I saw that last night, too. He looked like he just got out of bed and threw on clothes that had been lying on the floor - seemed like he only had a five minute notice on the whole thing.

Or was it just me? :?
PlaythingOrPet

Post by PlaythingOrPet »

Gillibeanz wrote:So what do you reckon girls? Does our Elvis dye his hair or use Grecian 2000? Methinks he does....approaching 50 and not a grey hair to be seen? - pretty damn suspicious!!....... :lol:
He is going grey, just not very much. Look carefully and you'll see.
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

BUNNY: He is? Hmmm....not on any of the recent pics ive seen....maybe you've seen him on the days he needs his roots done!! :lol:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
SweetPear

Post by SweetPear »

Gillibeanz wrote:So what do you reckon girls? Does our Elvis dye his hair or use Grecian 2000? Methinks he does....approaching 50 and not a grey hair to be seen? - pretty damn suspicious!!....... :lol:
Yeah, he is going grey. I had some great pics from his appearance in spring of 2002 on Good Morning America but I lost them all a few weeks ago when we had to reinstall all the systems on our computer.
He was totally salt and pepper. It's fine but he did look much older.
I thought it was very noticeable when he showed up in pics with DK at the RR Hall of Fame looking....younger.
:wink:
I'm not angry anymore....