Mac users, I need your help!!!

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
E.C. Lover

Mac users, I need your help!!!

Post by E.C. Lover »

I just purchased OS 10.3 and as I was installing disc 2 I got an error message. It asked me to quit and try again. I did, same error message. I tried 5 times, finally I decided to re-start, it still wouldn't work, same error message.
I am upgrading from 10.1.5.
Disc one has already made for a splendid and more than satisfying change, but I can't figure out what to do about disc 2.
Also, Safari is too cool for words, but with Safari, why do I need the internet explore icon in my dock?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

E.C.L :)
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Well when The Beatles successfully sue you every couple of years for millions of dollars, what do you expect?

I love those Beatles.

sorry ECL, I don't like those funny computers, they're weird!
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
RedShoes

Post by RedShoes »

Ok I have no idea about the error messages....perhaps try checking with http://www.macfixit.com/ A pretty useful resource. I've yet to update to 10.3 - let me know if it's worth it :)

<i>Also, Safari is too cool for words, but with Safari, why do I need the internet explore icon in my dock? </I>

Um, you don't :P Just drag it out of the dock if you prefer Safari. I use Safari about 99% of the time, but there are a few secure websites that don't like it - and I have to go back to IE to use it. Just so ya know :)
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

Thanks, I'll try that in the morning. interesting tid-bit about Safari,thanks for the info.
E.C.L
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Hmmm, don't know about the install problem, but to remove Internet Explorer (or anything) from the dock, just click and hold on the application, just drag it off the dock and let go. It disappears in a little puff of smoke.

Macs rule. I just don't understand PC's. They're so complicated.

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Who Shot Sam?

Re: Mac users, I need your help!!!

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

E.C. Lover wrote:I just purchased OS 10.3 and as I was installing disc 2 I got an error message. It asked me to quit and try again. I did, same error message. I tried 5 times, finally I decided to re-start, it still wouldn't work, same error message.
I am upgrading from 10.1.5.
Disc one has already made for a splendid and more than satisfying change, but I can't figure out what to do about disc 2.
Also, Safari is too cool for words, but with Safari, why do I need the internet explore icon in my dock?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

E.C.L :)
ECL: I had a similar problem when I did my initial installation. I removed all applications from my Startup Items menu and that seemed to do the trick. Have you called Mac support? They should be able to help. Also, http://www.macintouch.com is a great site aand may be worth checking out.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
E.C. Lover

Post by E.C. Lover »

Thanks all,
I finally reached Apple support and we figured out that we had to trash all the Itunes installers that were sitting in inventory before we could move forward with the rest of the download.
So far, Jaguar is great!
Thanks for the help.

E.C.L.