First Record you bought

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
costellopunk

Post by costellopunk »

not proud of this:

guns and roses-appetite for destruction.
-it takes a long time but god dies too/but not before he sticks it to you-
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

I found this sleeve from my first single, but I remember it in a plain white sleeve with label hole...

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

We have a winner!
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Dr J: absurd concept! They didn't really doo that did they? Maggie with a Rickenbacker bass?!?
Jackson Doofster

Post by Jackson Doofster »

and Cheggars on the sauce....

did anyone ever see that nude game show he did ? I have never laughed so much....Maggie must have been thinking, "now that is just one of the little reasons why our marriage never worked!"
"But they can't hold a candle to the reciprical war crimes which have plagued our policy of foriegn affairs."
DrJ

Post by DrJ »

Well I've just found this great site which features "I Wanna Be a Winner" in real media glory. Loads of retro tv fun too. http://www.martinwhale.co.uk/saturdaymo ... lery.shtml

And here it is in the charts. Note XTC and Lindsey Buckingham... http://www.everyhit.com/retrocharts/1982-JanuaryC.html

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I must have been too old for this or something. I mean I remember Swapshop and Keith and Maggie, but not this song.

I saw the nudie show. he must have drunk away the part of the brain that makes you feel shame.
Jack of All Parades

Re: First Record you bought

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Just back page strolling:

First two albums for me were the eponymous Santana and The Rolling Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Request" bought at the same time- cannot say I listen much to that Stones record since 1969 but I remember thinking the hologram on the cover was so cool. Now if i only had the original album still with that hologram intact- might be a few buyers on ebay.

First single- "Eight Days a Week" eons ago and still to this day it has the punch of fresh 'pop' for my ears.
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'