Should threads be removed?

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.

Should threads be removed?

No
No votes
No
84%
Yes
16%
Yes
No votes

Total votes: 19

DrJ

Post by DrJ »

A rope leash wrote:All assholes should be clearly marked!
I'm sure any posts involving clearly marked assholes will be deleted.
miss buenos aires wrote: Like it or not, we are a society here. According to Merriam Webster's, one of the definitions for "society" is:
an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another.
Sound familiar? You are part of it, and you play your role to the hilt, I hate to break it to you.
This made me laugh. It's true, there's nothing you can do to escape society. Even if you're the Pope or Syd Barrett, you're in it, too bad.

These are the words that are not to be used again on this forum:

B*M
B*TTY
P*X
KN*CKERS
KN*CKERS
W**-W**
SEMPRINI

DrJ
Tlentifini Maarhaysu
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

well, the Mary Ann (not Mary Sue, take that BACK!) of the group has a few words for you all:

BAM!
BETTY!
POX!
(door) KNOCKERS!
KNACKERS!
WUP-WUP!

what the HE** is Semprini????

heading out now. happy day to all.
... name the stars and constellations,
count the cars and watch the seasons....
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

Great posts, Cope.

I think it's more like a club than a society.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

no no no. if it were a club, i wouldn't be let in.
I'm not concerned about the very poor.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

"I don't want to be part of any club that will accept me" (or words to that effect) - Groucho Marx.

Oily, you can't join if you're not in, and you can't leave if you are...
Last edited by bambooneedle on Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

with a handful of backhanders and a bevy of beauty...
sulkygirl
Location: The Absolute Armpit of the USA--Yakima, Washington (***cough***)

Post by sulkygirl »

oily slick wrote:with a handful of backhanders and a bevy of beauty...
Have you never been had??

:lol:
"Love can be stranger than fiction..."
oily slick

Post by oily slick »

the long arm of the law slides up the outskirts of town...
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

miss buenos aires wrote: Like it or not, we are a society here. According to Merriam Webster's, one of the definitions for "society" is:
an enduring and cooperating social group whose members have developed organized patterns of relationships through interaction with one another.
Ok MISS BA...if you want to label the board as a society, that's fine with me, I would maybe classify it as a sub-culture. The fact that people treat the board or see it as a society, demands that a social codex or "organized patterns of relationships", to quote your quote, is established. I think that it is wrong to establish and ENFORCE a social codex that is too narrow, because we have very little in common actually, and don't have some of the normal points of reference that an actual society has. We have no common past, no common historical narratives to draw upon, no geographic proximity to each other, thus no real means of establishing an actual and authentic cultural identity within the society. So call it a society if you wish, but how does a "culture" or social codex come out of this, without a real historical past or social narratives? The only thing we all have in common is our appreciation for EC...(some of us more than others), so if we base the culture and social conduct of the board upon the beliefs of EC, then that would make most sense!! Right?

In that case, I would find it very hard to believe that any listener or fan of EC would endorse censorship, 100% political correctness, or any type of Reactonary, Victorian, or Right Wing Psuedo-Religious, cute and furry, soft and fuzzy morality. Yes Elvis is intellectual, yes he makes cute word play and is poetic, yes he is a genious with the English language, all of these which obviously appeal to people who are perhaps "intellectuals" or like to see themselves as a type of cultural elite. But if you really listen to what he's SAYING.....then you'll realize that he is expressing himself, with worts and all....with bile, venom, hate, desparation, pain, feelings of inadequatecy (especially sexual) and at times his work is coloured with a perverse sexual obsession and erotic flavor. I have often wondered why any women at all can relate to his music.....he is pure testosterone and misogony wrapped in a pun-spinning intellectual langauge. None of these issues or feelings are politically correct......when has EC ever been politically correct or CLEAN? Never....and that's why I love him, he sings to me and has been my shrink for years.

Therefore, I support an open forum, where the fans can also express themselves freely, without the threat of getting the boot or being emotionally punished and scared off by those who can dish it out but can't take it. If we take notice, there are not really that many new users that hang around and actually contribute. Maybe they feel the weight of the "society" pressing down on them??
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp
Misha

Post by Misha »

[/quote]....he is pure testosterone and misogony wrapped in a pun-spinning intellectual langauge.[/quote]

Mmmm, why is it that this sentence alone makes me think nasty thoughts about the man? Well put Cope, and us women have no idea what the hell compels us towards the man, but it is irresistible, and probably has to do with his brain, and his rampant insecurity masquerading as cockiness. We all like a bad boy from time to time. We don't usually keep them when we have them, but from a distance you can keep a bad boy forever...
Where are the strong?

Who are the trusted?
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Misha...so you can see what I mean? I'm not crazy? I'm not just imagining this to perpetuate my own racidness?.....what a relief!!!!

And yeah...it must be the vulnerability caused by his own insecurity! The danger and the venom are also traits that some women find interesting, if not only for the hope of reforming the man. Many woman have tried to reform me, and with great degrees of success!
I'd never leave the house if I had a Gimp