Interpret this DREAM...(nudge nudge Miss BA)

This is for all non-EC or peripheral-EC topics. We all know how much we love talking about 'The Man' but sometimes we have other interests.
Copenhagen Fan

Interpret this DREAM...(nudge nudge Miss BA)

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Ok here'¨s the deal.

My girlfriend, I and her ex boyfriend (who we are both friends with) are staying in a large grand hotel room.

He and I are sitting there talking when we hear something at the door. We look under the door and see her hair....a lot of it. Long blonde extensions. He runs out the door and goes after her. I feel glad that he is just as concerned as I am. The door is open, but I have no key, and can't run out and find her because my fear to be locked out of the hotel room is overpowering. A fall to my knees in the doorway and begin to scream her name and sob, not worried about waking the entire hotel. I feel powerless, and feel that she has maybe been kidnapped by a group of rapists, or worse yet, that she has cut her hair off and left it as a symbol of her wanting out, and giving up on life.

So I scream and scream....then I hear her voice and she is lying in the bed behind me...and coos...."stop making trouble and come to bed darling".
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Well, Cope, I'm not miss BA, but I'll take a stab at it - not overanalyzing or anything.

Part of this could be that you're still a little shaken up, and rightly so, about the incident you just went through. You care for your girlfriend and what you went through makes you realize that even more. You don't want anything to happen to her.

Cope, my dear, you're in love. :)
A rope leash

Nothing worse!

Post by A rope leash »

"Dreams are manifestations of our desires." - Sigmund Freud.

Once in a while my first wife will come along and be in some sort of trouble, and I'll spend all night chasing around trying to protect her.

It's because I didn't treat her right.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

The grand hotel room is symbolic of the unrealistic ... you, your girlfriend and her ex? You have supressed the fact that you are intimidated by his presence around your girlfriend (he's obviously got more balls), and you're in denial of your insecurity. Thankfully, the fact that you're having this dream means your subconsious is telling to confront this fear.

You both find some hair, presumably hers... Hmmm... this is interesting because you have none -- it is obviously symbolic of loss (under the door = hidden) for you. Not just loss, but extreme loss. And also of impotence. It instantly renders you impotent and unable to act... so you shrink and make up feeble excuses ("wouldn't be able to get back in"... Right.. as if they wouldn't have a spare key...). The ex-man, in contrast, confirms your earlier hidden fear -- He goes after her as you cower; the dream is telling you that you are a wimp, you might question what it is to be worthy of her.

Next, your fragile ego seeks further denial. Out of unacceptable fear, your mind starts to exaggerate and make stuff up -- sure, it's only rapists that you worry about in terms of your girlfriend... sure, as if wanting out from you means she'll give up on life... sure, as if her getting rid of her hair means she's somehow still sympathetic with you...

You make a point of dramatising all this in the hotel -- despite that your humiliation is painful, you also have a huge desire for sympathy. Perhaps a general proclivity to vanity intensifies the desperate pangs of sympathy (you want everyone in the hotel to understand), so that you can't help also heightening the former, though to a relatively lesser extent... (embarrassment ensues... hence you make stuff up).

You're lucky to get all this information from the dream because you might act on it now... you can purge these fears somewhat and your mind is grateful for the info... You've been a pretty good boy, working on your relationship with your girlfriend, so you realize that the extent of the fear in the dream might be unfounded. So when you wake up you look and there she is.
Copenhagen Fan

Post by Copenhagen Fan »

Thanks Bamboo...for taking the time to check it out and respond...You're a pretty negative fuck aren't ya??? :lol:

In any case it was food for thought, which is always a good thing.
bambooneedle

Post by bambooneedle »

It was only a dream... get over it.