Jim Lauderdale: The King of Broken Hearts

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Untitled- ... 57?sk=wall

May be of some interest to users here.
Last edited by Jeremy Dylan on Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of All Parades

Re: Untitled Documentary Project

Post by Jack of All Parades »

Will be curious to see the end product as I am a long time fan of Mr. Miller and his wife. Not quite certain what the finished product will be. Judging from the clues you give I assume it is about side men or perhaps dobro players. Best of luck as you bring it to fruition!
"....there's a merry song that starts in 'I' and ends in 'You', as many famous pop songs do....'
Jeremy Dylan

Re: Untitled Documentary Project

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Thank you very much Mr. Sjoholm.
migdd

Re: Jim Lauderdale: The King of Broken Hearts

Post by migdd »

Jeremy, I understand that this will be aired on the Country Music Channel in March. Details, please. (And congrats!)
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

Thank you muchly.

Grammy Award-winning bluegrass singer, hit country songwriter, prolific recording artist, radio DJ, awards show host, harmony singer and guitarist for Elvis Costello and Willie Nelson, tai chi master... Jim Lauderdale's journey from banjo-playing Beatles fan in North Carolina to Americana Swiss army knife takes him through the 1980s 'Urban Cowboy' NYC country club scene, playing James Brown covers in a honky-tonk in LA where he was spotted by Dwight Yoakam's producer, failed albums and record label frustrations before country superstar George Strait sold six million albums with two of Jim's songs and put Lauderdale tunes in the ears of music fans around America.

Jim's story is told through interviews with Jim, Buddy Miller, Gary Allan, Tony Brown, Jerry Douglas, Randy Kohrs, Odie Blackmon, Jed Hilly, Dennis Crouch and Mike Compton. It also features performances with his country and bluegrass bands from the start of his career through to recent performances in the Snowy mountains of Australia and Nashville's legendary Station Inn.

Catch the world premiere on Australia's Country Music Channel - Tuesday 6 March, 2012 at 7pm.
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

I'm now raising funds to travel back to the US in May with my producer, so we can produce the feature version of the film.

For those that are wondering, there is a section on Jim's time with the Sugarcanes, which includes interviews with Jerry, Mike and Dennis, and an excerpt from the Live at the Artist's Den program. This may even be expanded a bit if we raise enough money to license more 'Canes performance footage - Austin City Limits, for example, or perhaps Montreux.

If you could find it in your hearts (or indeed wallets) to donate some of your hard-earned cash to this enterprise, I'd be exceedingly grateful. Even the smallest donation amount ($5) nets you a digital copy of the finished film.

To donate, go here: http://www.indiegogo.com/Jim-Lauderdale ... ken-Hearts