Couldn't Call It Unexpected: The Novel?

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
thenewsoftshoe

Couldn't Call It Unexpected: The Novel?

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

The return of WHAR!
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
thenewsoftshoe

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

:wink:

If you decide to send me packin', I will willingly leave.

However, The River In Reverse along with a failed engagement and a former fiancee-killed baby may have smartened me up a bit.
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

Blimey! You didn't need to go through all that to learn to know when to hold back, but if it's helped achieved that, I don't think anyone will be sending you packing. Hope life in Las Vegas is going well and helps put the trauma of the above behind you.

Life continues on the board, as you can witness. Not much has changed, other than the person with the most posts.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

thenewsoftshoe wrote::wink:

If you decide to send me packin', I will willingly leave.
Welcome back. I would hope bygones are bygones here.
thenewsoftshoe wrote:However, The River In Reverse along with a failed engagement and a former fiancee-killed baby may have smartened me up a bit.
This sounds much better than what you've written on your blog.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
thenewsoftshoe

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

verbal gymnastics wrote: This sounds much better than what you've written on your blog.
How do you mean?
alexv

Post by alexv »

Welcome back, WHAR.

Otis, how can you say not much has changed?

With WHAR's departure the whole vibe of the board changed. Much less fun. And then, we lost the Bobster/Vez duo; shatterproof is gone. Those crazy Bob and Charlotte Dylan freaks disappeared; Noise Radio hardly ever posts: Laughing Crow (a particular favorite) is absent. Even MBA is no longer as active. And I know I'm missing other recent absentees.

There are definitely many, many less fights. No one, not even Mr. A, who has also mellowed, starts fights like you WHAR. I liked the old group and the fights.

So maybe bringing WHAR back will begin the restoration process. What do you say Soft Shoe? Ready to roll. I would follow up with VG on his little comment about your blogging skills. Nicely, of course.

And you know our moderate moderator's probably remains congenitally WHAR-adverse, but has been sort of out of it lately. I'm sure you will recharge his EC batteries.

Nuff said. Welcome back.
thenewsoftshoe

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

wardo68

Post by wardo68 »

Well sir, I went through the archives (back to the first entry) and it's clear you've been through a lot. You've moved most of the way across the country, and you've been on the rollercoaster of romance, to say the least. I'm assuming you're staying on top of your bills and trying to get through each day. Keep writing, whether it be on blogspot, LJ or scraps of paper you keep around your place of residence, and you'll find your voice. Someone you admire very much said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Thanks for sharing the link.
thenewsoftshoe

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

wardo68 wrote:Well sir, I went through the archives (back to the first entry) and it's clear you've been through a lot. You've moved most of the way across the country, and you've been on the rollercoaster of romance, to say the least. I'm assuming you're staying on top of your bills and trying to get through each day. Keep writing, whether it be on blogspot, LJ or scraps of paper you keep around your place of residence, and you'll find your voice. Someone you admire very much said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." Thanks for sharing the link.
One of the greatest replies I've ever had the privelage of reading, whether I was drunk or not.

Thankyou, Wardo.

*edit: I initially took that quote as a Piebald one, then realized it was John Lennon. Travis loved Lennon.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

thenewsoftshoe wrote:
verbal gymnastics wrote: This sounds much better than what you've written on your blog.
How do you mean?
The links to your blog answer my question. Well written and I agree with wardo in what he says. I daresay wardo and myself (and anyone else reading your blog of course) don't know the half of it.

And I hope you do find true love.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
thenewsoftshoe

Post by thenewsoftshoe »

I was confused because I initially thought you were blog bashing, an act that is fully forgivable.

*edit: thankyou, as well.