Dog Night Afternoon

This is for all of your writings, songs, pictures or however else you feel like expressing yourself. Have at it!
A rope leash

Dog Night Afternoon

Post by A rope leash »

October 22, 2006

My brother died three years ago last Friday. My Dad’s been gone nineteen years tomorrow. If you ever dream of the dead, you know it’s always someone you could use.

You had asked me if I was happy and well. I’m not sure what you expected. The whole idea of a happy hat is distraction. No one is well, come on…

It’s not unimaginable, the shit that rains on particular hills lost on the drive by. It isn’t crazy to think madness is here, or there…the farmhouse, the courthouse square. It’s nobody’s business but it pisses me off. I know exactly who I am to judge.

One has to wonder why one even bothers with making decisions. We always wonder what we were thinking. We get what we want, and then what? Life is unbearable without a future sketch.

Time is the sensation of life passing. I’ve had the leisure of late to feel the movement of it, as one might gather it from the swaying fixtures. I’m far too old to straighten out.

The usual consensus is that I need something, and what that something is supposed to be is art, and the time is right for me but the times are not forgiving. There’s a couple of ideas, but it’s just a hobby. A low grade genius becomes dangerous when there’s too much pressure.

Really, I’m not so creative anymore. It takes a lot of drinking.

But I thought I’d take on an autobiography of sorts. I live in the past already anyway, like some old coot.

I just have to make myself comfortable and use the time I have because I’m not making any money . I could fly right, and make more, but who wants that? All the action is behind me now. I might as well review.

The leaves are colorizing. I’ll be taking a spin this week, like I always do. October is a good time to die.

You surprise me always.
spooky girlfriend
Site Admin

Post by spooky girlfriend »

Dearest Rope, I remember well when your brother died. I can't believe that's been 3 years.

I have also not been able to escape remembering that it will be 5 years ago next month since Doc's father died and 5 years in February since my own brother died.

Don't think that you're not creative anymore, Rope. :wink:
Gillibeanz

Post by Gillibeanz »

Dear Rope - its never easy thinking of loved ones we have lost. You are feeling down - we all do - it will pass. No one is on cloud nine all the time, for most of us its just an even keel if we are lucky - with some happy and sad periods spattered here and there.

When I am really down I try to think of those who are much worse off - the starving, the homeless , the disabled, the terminally ill , the list is endless - it makes you feel ashamed to be so self absorbed.

Cheer up - there will be some sunshine ahead for you soon!
COME ON YOU SPURS!!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

My Dearest RopeyWopey

Please be aware that we're all out here, so we can't help. Sorry. What will help is plenty of booze, it always makes you feel better, and as an added bonus it improves your driving ability, enabling you to go much faster than you normally can.

Smoke tabs too.

Yours lovingly

So Lack
A rope leash

four on the floor and a fifth under the seat...

Post by A rope leash »

*lays head on soft shoulder, weeps*

Took a little trip to Thayer. It was like driving in an oil painting.

Driving is like shooting pool...a little booze sharpens the reflexes, but too much, and it's game over....

Thanks, guys...