uncirculated ba (brilliant analog) recordings coming soon

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

uncirculated ba (brilliant analog) recordings coming soon

Post by bronxapostle »

as i need doc to upload these for me, i will try my best to use this thread to assist US in our desire to add ANY uncirculated recordings i have that have never been widely circulated. hopefully, you will all understand that i am using the wiki as my reference point. so when a setlist for a show does NOT include any recording info, i am assuming my recording has NOT YET made the rounds. yes, i have certainly shared mostly all of these with at least one certain Andrew in Sheffield or Anthony in Connecticut, so you might have indeed acquired the show already. however, these previous transfers were probably made in my much cruder days of transferring at the stereo system rather than the computer. now, they will be tracked PERFECTLY and much more enjoyable to the listener. however, this is where i will need your assistance all please. BEFORE i use 2-3 hours of my time on the playing out and breaking into tracks at the computer, i will ask here if i should indeed proceed. your input is NATURALLY quite valuable because perhaps i have mislaid a prior perfectly transferred version of any individual show and your words will have me using those three hours for a more urgent need. today, i took the forty-fifty minutes to transfer this gem from 10-3-98 at the VIRGIN RECORD STORE on 14th Street!

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 3_New_York

clearly, you will see "NO BOOT" info on this page therefore i tackled this quickie today. and you will enjoy what was perhaps the only DUO performance by the two on this number of songs. so before i move along to my NEXT selection allow me to ask...am i correct that the world needs this one???

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... hoga_Falls

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE! ba
FAVEHOUR

Re: uncirculated ba (brilliant analog) recordings coming soo

Post by FAVEHOUR »

ba, if you're asking is there an existing recording of 6-2-94, yes, I have a tape of it. Don't know if it came from your recording, though!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

thanks Dave! glad to hear you have a CASSETTE on it. i doubt you recall where you acquired it from. but, if you do...let me know. either way, your info assists in that it tells me you do NOT have it upon cd. i got a hunch it is my recording. we'll find out soon. do you need the VIRGIN duo performance?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Wonderful to think you may be sitting on an uncirculated gem BA ( even if it is analogue :wink: ) but seriously, I reckon there are a few of us, including Dave Favehour in particular, who would have most of the audience recordings ever made that have been "out there"> I spent a long period - maybe as long as 5 years off and on converting all my cassettes to digital formats. If you need a list of EC concerts, send me your email _I may have lost it in the house move and I'll send you my list - last updated last year but pretty comprehensive over the first 33 years of Elvis' career ! I'd love to do more like the Bruce site does regarding live recordings but just don't have the time maybe between us all we can make most things available to all :lol:
PS RAH 6th June 2013 to appear on dime shortly !!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

yes sulky...as Strummer would say: we must get "ORGANISIZED" i bet you've got some of these shows of mine from Sheffield already. but, verify for me...do the two shows mentioned above (MORE ESPECIALLY CUYAHOGA!) have several songs lumped together as one track??? that would mean i transferred 10-15 years ago when i would do so at the stereo rather than the immaculate computer program i use now. and where is the link for this MOST ACCURATE Bruce recordings site please? and thanks for your 2013 recordings. gonna listen to one today. :wink: :wink:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

and how about THIS one???

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 8_New_York

should i share JUST the music or would most want all the yakking from that night as well????
jmm

Post by jmm »

It was a fun night BA. As I remember the yakking was essentially what the evening was about, no??

I do know someone who's been after a recording of this for awhile
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

you are RIGHT jmm....i will acquiesce and put ALL the talk and the little music. it DOES need to be shared completely as it WAS the crux of the night, it was fun. if for nothing else but the handful of never performed ditties, before or since. i LOVED the NARROW DAYLIGHT!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

hi ba,
I have the YMCA show on CD. The Virgin show only on tape. I appreciate it getting things on CD, I have transferred lots of stuff to CD but that has stalled considerably in recent years. So a lot of pre-99 stuff I have on tape is still only there. Since 1999 of course, most stuff comes on CD in the first place (present company excepted, of course...)

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

now Dave...i must ask. the 92nd st Y show on cd...just the music? the talk also???? it is my recording, yes? i believe i was the only taper that night! but, let me know before i give it 2-3 hours when it is done properly already. if only the music, i will do the show fully. thanks, ba
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

for those interested...i have done these two so far:
6-2-94
10-3-98
and looking to conquer a third tomorrow...perhaps the other mentioned here already: 9-28-5.
with the great assist of doc, these could be uploaded before very long! i will verify the "cd" need of a couple more after the WISE UP GHOST mania subsides.
keep an eye here for docs or my announcement when they are up! hope our good friend COLIN can once again chime in with artwork too!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

bronxapostle wrote:hope our good friend COLIN can once again chime in with artwork too!
I stand accused - but it's not me!But a big thanks from me for all this archive trawling, much appreciated.

The sleeve artist you have in mind shares my Christian name but is not a member of this Board, I'll send him an email / DIME PM, so that he can see your request.

Best wishes

ColinTopBalcony
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

i, too, stand accused...but i DID recall that you were NOT the COLIN in the art dept. :lol: sorry if i offended. how have you been TOP??? best, ba
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Hey no worries at this end, the chance to name check one of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite albums was too good to miss :oops:

All good here if you ignore my complete lack of physical Wise Up Ghost action - read my account in the Countdown tread and weep.

All the best

Colin Top Balcony
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Top balcony wrote:Hey no worries at this end, the chance to name check one of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite albums was too good to miss :oops:
Colin Top Balcony
SAME exact sentiment here...but i could add: the FIRST song i EVER saw our boy sing on 3-30-1979. will they do it 105 shows later tonight? :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Crikey - 105 - to quote Aretha : "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"
krm

Post by krm »

did you go to this one with your analogue friend? Concert 2006-10-15 New York Beacon Theatre?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Top balcony wrote:Crikey - 105 - to quote Aretha : "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

:lol: :lol: :lol: TWO songs that spell out the song title in ONE post: R-E-S-P-E-C-T and I-S-T-A-N-D-A-C-C-U-S-E-D!!! :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

krm wrote:did you go to this one with your analogue friend? Concert 2006-10-15 New York Beacon Theatre?
no sorry...i stayed away that night! TOO EXPENSIVE. but i seem to remember hearing this somewhere: a boot OR youtube. we'll find it for you!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

bronxapostle wrote:for those interested...i have done these two so far:
6-2-94
10-3-98
these are in the good doctors hands now and i'd bet he gets them up by the weekend. look for his announcement here. TWO GOODIES!! thanks doc.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=465618

Elvis Costello and The Attractions
Blossom Music Center
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Thursday June 2, 1994

Elvis Costello - vocals, guitar

The Attractions:
Steve Nieve - keyboards
Bruce Thomas - bass
Pete Thomas - drums

Source: master audience recording
Taper: bronxapostle
Equipment: Sony cassette recorder (internal mics)
Sound: mp3 samples attached in the comments
Time: 1:57:27

Lineage: CDR > EAC > WAV > TLH > FLAC 6 (align SB) > foobar2000 (flac tags)

----------------------disc 1----------------------
102 Hand In Hand
103 Pony St.
104 Big Tears
105 Beyond Belief
106 Sulky Girl
107 London's Brilliant Parade
108 Deep Dark Truthful Mirror
109 This Is Hell
110 (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
111 New Lace Sleeves
112 Clown Strike
113 Tequila
114 Kinder Murder
115 Clubland

----------------------disc 2----------------------
201 Rocking Horse Road
202 Still Too Soon To Know
203 Veronica
204 Watching The Detectives
205 You Belong To Me
206 13 Steps Lead Down
207 Radio, Radio

Encore 1:
208 Lipstick Vogue
209 (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
210 Party Girl

Encore 2:
211 Just About Glad
212 Alison
213 Tracks Of My Tears
214 Tears Of A Clown
215 No More Tearstained Make-Up
216 Accidents Will Happen

Encore 3:
217 All The Rage
218 (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?
219 Pump It Up
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=466420

Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach
Virgin Megastore
New York, NY
October 3, 1998

Elvis Costello - vocals
Burt Bacharach - piano

Source: master audience recording
Taper: bronxapostle
Equipment: Sony cassette recorder (internal mics)
Sound: mp3 samples attached in the comments
Time: 34:17

Lineage: CDR > EAC > WAV > TLH > FLAC 6 (align SB) > foobar2000 (flac tags)

Setlist:
01 Toledo
02 This House Is Empty Now
03 Painted From Memory
04 I Still Have That Other Girl
05 God Give Me Strength
06 Make It Easy On Yourself