EC & The Roots play New York's Brooklyn Bowl, Sep. 16, 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
And No Coffee Table

EC & The Roots play New York's Brooklyn Bowl, Sep. 16, 2013

Post by And No Coffee Table »

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/119310/ ... n-Bowl-Gig

On September 17 The Roots and Elvis Costello will release their long-awaited collaborative record Wise Up Ghost. To celebrate the release, the two acts will play NYC's Brooklyn Bowl the night before - September 16.

The Roots drummer Questlove is no stranger to the Brooklyn Bowl as he spins at the venue weekly on Thursdays for Bowl Train events. Tickets to The Roots/Elvis Costello show at Brooklyn Bowl are on sale via Ticketfly for $40 a piece. Ticket purchasers will receive a deluxe edition of the album.

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/367537
bronxapostle

Re: EC & The Roots play New York's Brooklyn Bowl, Sep. 16, 2

Post by bronxapostle »

wow....knew SOMETHING had to be coming, but SOLD OUT as i view it. hope SOMEONE remembered their old friend ba! :o
Last edited by bronxapostle on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

Are these on sale yet?

What about the promo code?
docinwestchester

Scored two.
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

I KNEW they would do something like this.

Hey guys, could you make it any MORE impossible for me to see this? A general admission club, in Brooklyn, on a weeknight, in less than 2 weeks, and no notice of the ticket sale so they're gone when I find out about it?

Thanks!
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

It's a start....
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

Aww, man! This is like 10 blocks away from me. I can't believe it's sold out already! I need to get a ticket!! Somehow, someway!
brilliantmistake

Post by brilliantmistake »

This one stings! I was able to pull up a tickets for this show this morning but wasn't able to pull the trigger since I'm busy on the 16th. I really hope there are more shows with The Roots. Damn, this would of been my first Costello GA show since Lupos in 2003.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:http://www.jambase.com/Articles/119310/ ... n-Bowl-Gig

On September 17 The Roots and Elvis Costello will release their long-awaited collaborative record Wise Up Ghost. To celebrate the release, the two acts will play NYC's Brooklyn Bowl the night before - September 16.

The Roots drummer Questlove is no stranger to the Brooklyn Bowl as he spins at the venue weekly on Thursdays for Bowl Train events. Tickets to The Roots/Elvis Costello show at Brooklyn Bowl are on sale via Ticketfly for $40 a piece. Ticket purchasers will receive a deluxe edition of the album.

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/367537

thanks ANCT!!!! only cos of your helpful post....

docinwestchester wrote:Scored two.

we will be there! thanks doc; good skillful surgeon hands and mind at work today. A+++

FAVEHOUR wrote:I KNEW they would do something like this.

Hey guys, could you make it any MORE impossible for me to see this? A general admission club, in Brooklyn, on a weeknight, in less than 2 weeks, and no notice of the ticket sale so they're gone when I find out about it?

Thanks!
i keep telling you all...YOU GOTTA MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY AREA. :lol: :lol:
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

monkey2man wrote:Aww, man! This is like 10 blocks away from me. I can't believe it's sold out already! I need to get a ticket!! Somehow, someway!

TB...i will hope & pray you get in. if i live ten blocks away i would stop at the box office DAILY & be there from 3:00 that afternoon if still without a ticket.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

bronxapostle wrote:
monkey2man wrote:Aww, man! This is like 10 blocks away from me. I can't believe it's sold out already! I need to get a ticket!! Somehow, someway!

TB...i will hope & pray you get in. if i live ten blocks away i would stop at the box office DAILY & be there from 3:00 that afternoon if still without a ticket.
Thanks, BA! I plan on stopping by every day next week! good thing i have the week off. ha! Tickets started going for over $200 on stubhub a few hours ago. They're down to about $187 now. Here's to hoping more are released or the stubhub prices just keep dropping. I'm actually really bummed they didn't give EC fans a little more of a heads up.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

It's VG's 50th birthday ( though he really only dances like he's that age) and I wanted to give him a special ticket but this is just too short notice! I doubt The Roots will come to the UK anytime soon to a trek seemed in order just to mert BA on home turf :wink:
jmm

Post by jmm »

Shut out too for now. will keep trying other ways and hopefully something will open up
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

jmm...my apologies! at work, i must be VERY quick when i view these things. sorry i couldn't take the extra moment to try to get to you as well. fingers crossed for you, NATURALLY!
jmm

Post by jmm »

No problem BA. We shall see how things work out and I'm certainly glad you and dr are in
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

I only paid $4 to see Amadou and Mariam there in June! Loved the venue, and the right on catering and beer were wonderful. Can't wait to see the clips for this one.
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

sweetest punch wrote:Win two tickets (if you live in Spain): http://www.rtve.es/radio/20130905/elvis ... 5069.shtml
Translation: http://translate.google.be/translate?sl ... 5069.shtml
Well I've entered :)
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

The imposter wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Win two tickets (if you live in Spain): http://www.rtve.es/radio/20130905/elvis ... 5069.shtml
Translation: http://translate.google.be/translate?sl ... 5069.shtml
Well I've entered :)
hope you win!
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

So, after listening to the album today, it got me thinking about the upcoming show? Do you think we'll get a live performance of the album or do you think it'll be a crazy surprising setlist?

If they go with the latter, I think there's a few really cool medleys that could be pulled off.
(ex. High Fidelity (1979 Arrangement)-->Cinco Minutos Con Vas, Stations of the Cross-->Viceroy's Row)

Thoughts?
docinwestchester

monkey2man wrote:So, after listening to the album today, it got me thinking about the upcoming show? Do you think we'll get a live performance of the album or do you think it'll be a crazy surprising setlist?

If they go with the latter, I think there's a few really cool medleys that could be pulled off.
(ex. High Fidelity (1979 Arrangement)-->Cinco Minutos Con Vas, Stations of the Cross-->Viceroy's Row)

Thoughts?
Definitely the crazy. Expect the unexpected. Should be off the hook Brooklyn style, yo!!
jardine

Post by jardine »

give the way that the album is recorded, i think it will be amazing to hear how they perform these songs. i just hope there is good blu ray recording going on that night...expect there will be

enjoy!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Win tickets: http://www.wfuv.org/form/see-elvis-cost ... s-brooklyn

It also says WFUV will be broadcasting the show the next day.