Did we celebrate this forum's 10th birthday?

Pretty self-explanatory
DrSpooky
Site Admin

Re: Did we celebrate this forum's 10th birthday?

Post by DrSpooky »

I can't believe we have been hosting the forum and wiki this long!!! I had forgotten about the narballs board before this one. I tried to find him to offer to take over but it was too late. I fear he succumbed to something horrible. :(

I helped Taz with the forum when it was at a hosting company. Then every site on the machine we shared got defaced and I could get absolutely zero response from them. I checked into getting commercial internet at home and a week later we were back online on the computer I used for my dissertation. Which at that point was five years old.

At some the marvelous wiki to the same computer and more recently a boot leg cover art site. There is an amazing amount of content available on this server. And amazing people have put it there.

I plug away keeping software updates installed and making backups. I need to do an operating system upgrade in the near future. Mrs Spooky (Happy Birthday!) carefully reviews each account request and lost password. Sometimes she gets over fifty spam account registration attempts a day.

I have met wonderful people through this forum and still have a list. Spooky and I really want a UK trip to meet all of you who are there. There is a shop in Dublin I really want to shop at. :-)

Amazing ten years!!!
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

There is a shop in Dublin I really want to shop at
:oops: :oops:

Soon , hopefully!
King of Confidence

Post by King of Confidence »

All the best to the long-timers who came over from the old Zebrasnake board all those years ago (fun times). Pretty cool to see this is still a going concern.
I'll put it to you plain and bluntly
I'm worried for my tired country.

Ted Leo
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Listening to If I Could Believe tonight. God bless you all.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Great to see you are still lurking, LTZ! Hope the family is doing well. Don't be a stranger!