Elvis solo Easton Pa Nov 23, 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
FAVEHOUR

Elvis solo Easton Pa Nov 23, 2013

Post by FAVEHOUR »

According to this, there may be more dates than the 13 that were announced the other day...

http://www.mcall.com/entertainment/musi ... 1115.story

Dave
Man out of Time

Re: Elvis solo Easton Pa Nov 23, 2013

Post by Man out of Time »

Ticket details from the venue website:

"On sale to State Theatre Members Tues., August 27 at 10 AM. Tickets will go on sale to the Public Weds, Sept. 4th at 10 AM. Limit of 6 tickets per member per performance during Members Only sales. Membership to the Non-Profit State Theatre starts at $75, lasts one year and is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. For more information and to become a member, click http://www.statetheatre.org/index.php?tpl=member.

Elvis Costello is going it alone this fall for his first solo tour in more than a decade.

The prolific singer-songwriter is known for hits like "Alison," "Radio, Radio," "Pump It Up", “Oliver’s Army”, "Watching the Detectives", “She” and “(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace Love and Understanding”, penned by Nick Lowe.

Elvis Costello has won multiple awards in his career, including a Grammy Award, and has twice been nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Male. In 2003, Elvis Costello and the Attractions were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In 2004, Rolling Stone ranked Costello number 80 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

Costello will release Wise Up Ghost -- his collaboration with hip-hop band and Philadelphia natives, The Roots -- on Sept. 17. Costello's last solo album was 2010's National Ransom.

http://www.statetheatre.org/index.php?t ... age&id=572

It seems no one told the venue about Elvis' 2054 Centenary solo tour in California last year, or his "All These Strangers" solo tour of Europe in 2012.

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Who's going?
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

This is my last show of the tour, # 5

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

next Saturday....90 minutes away; same as Kingston. getting the itch. anyone have two extra?
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

Heading down from Boston, so looking for extras tix, if available

Cheers
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

last i looked there were indeed enough available! enjoy.....PICK ME UP IN THE BRONX!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Patrick Larkin ‏@patricklarkin

Waiting for Elvis Costello in Easton. pic.twitter.com/gzNF9zQ4Fb
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

Setlist of sorts coming
But...
Turning the Town Red
White Knuckles
I'm Not Angry

That's enough right there!

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

those 3 gems right there make me happy enough to call it a day. wish i was there, NATURALLY! but, i take what i get and will NOT be green about what i've missed this go around. he has given incredibly this month. was it you i had told that i felt an "I'M NOT ANGRY" was coming Dave? i think so.
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Twitter:
Elvis Costello Easton, PA played King Horse, Sneaky Feelings, Gods Comic, Next Time Round, Green Shirt, White Knuckles, Kid About It, Alison
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

This is what I can remember. I'm sure the order is not correct.

King Horse
Sneaky
Either
Turning The Town Red
Kid About It
Accidents
Next Time Round
Ascension Day
Everyday
Indoor

Sitdown guitar:
Walkin My Baby Back Home
Wave A White Flag
White Knuckles
Little Palaces

Bedlam
Gods Comic
Josephine
Jimmie

Detectives
Alison
I Hope
Green Shirt
Red shoes
Im not angry
Tripwire/PLU

Piano:
If I could believe
For the stars
The puppet

Obvious highlights, I don't think Knuckles has ever been played in the US, and nowhere since 1980?
Not sure if Turning has ever been played here. First time I've seen Angry, and he played it on the Telecaster!

Had to suffer thru gods comic but he did change the andrew lloyd webber lines to
"listening to every one of my 700 songs
She saidbefore it had really begun
I prefer the earlier, angry ones"

That was worth it.

What a show
Wish I could see all the rest

Dave
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

setlist.fm says "Lovable" and "Femme Fatale" were played. True or false?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-cos ... 4cefc.html
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

is it such suffering for you to hear GODS COMIC??? haha years back when it neared ten minutes, maybe!
you got a goodie tonight yet AGAIN Dave!
and see, per the other thread about number of songs written....my estimate was 700! i guess E agrees with me. :lol:
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

And No Coffee Table wrote:setlist.fm says "Lovable" and "Femme Fatale" were played. True or false?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/elvis-cos ... 4cefc.html
Yes! God how could I forget those! Lovable was early on and Femme was pretty late.

Dave
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

and another we talked about in Port Chester Dave...I HOPE!!!
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

bronxapostle wrote:is it such suffering for you to hear GODS COMIC??? haha years back when it neared ten minutes, maybe!
you got a goodie tonight yet AGAIN Dave!
and see, per the other thread about number of songs written....my estimate was 700! i guess E agrees with me. :lol:
Its just my own aversion to that one and Radio Sweetheart, both songs I like but heard them SO many times in 89 and after and they went SO long that my teeth clench when they start. But both were okay this time round.

And yes, Angry and I hope were both talked about! Psychic powers!
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

Wow wow wow. I Hope and Wave a White Flag. Awesome
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

Wow.

I think it's safe to say no one could have predicted Wave A White Flag, White Knuckles or Turning The Town Red.
Arbogast

Post by Arbogast »

Wave a White Flag! Can't believe it! Also can't believe I only got to see two of these shows. I"m thinking I have to find my way to Morristown this week.
exskiman

Post by exskiman »

I never realized how much he performed God's Comic. Anyway, considering I wasn't of concert going age in '89 (wasn't really alive yet either but that's neither here nor there) and really like the song I was quite pleased to see it come up. I also found the performance of Ascension Day particularly memorable but maybe I'm just being biased towards loving and not really expecting anything from River - seeing how this tour is going and that he's already played it at least once I should probably know better.

Seeing Little Palaces and especially I'm Not Angry come up was wonderful and Wave A White Flag was a song I almost forgot existed so I really didn't expect hearing that. Even though a couple of my favorite albums were mostly unrepresented (Imperial Bedrooms and Blood and Chocolates) I honestly cannot complain and I'll just have my fingers crossed to hear some more off of them in Morristown.

On a tangential note, I believe someone was having some health-related difficulties and required assistance out of the theater in the left side of the upper balcony during God's Comic. I saw people helping walk somebody out while everyone else sang "Now I'm dead"...that was probably comforting.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

So glad you got to see another amazing show, Fave - "White Knuckles" FGSake !!
You wrote -
Its just my own aversion to that one and Radio Sweetheart, both songs I like but heard them SO many times in 89 and after and they went SO long that my teeth clench when they start. But both were okay this time round
I'm with you 1m% about those two. God's Comic kills me everytime I hear it but t least there's a clever quip thiss time. I know if I heard "in a water bed filled with tropical fish" again, I'd chew my own ears off.
BBC DVD was posted last week to you by the way ! :D
pophead2k

Post by pophead2k »

This was the one show I thought I had a possibility of getting to and didn't. That setlist is probably my dream setlist thus far. Sigh. The only iteration of EC I haven't seen is EC completely solo. This is killing me!
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

Here's the setlist as I captured it...I dont think there's anything here that others havent already pointed out...

‎On stage 8:10
- King Horse
- Sneaky Feelings
- Either Side of the Same Town
- Loveable
- Turning the Town Red
- Kid About It
- Accidents Will Happen
- Ascension Day
- Next Time Round
- Everyday, I Write the Book
---------
Seated
- Walking My Baby Back Home
- Wave A White Flag
- White Knuckles
- Little Palaces
----------
- Bedlam (electric)
- Indoor Fireworks
- God's Comic
- Slow Drag With Josephine
- Jimmy Standing in the Rain (grandfather story)>Brother Can You Spare a Dime
---------
Encore 1
- Watching the Detectives (electric)
- Alison (electric)‎>I Hope
- Green Shirt
- Red Shoes
- Femme Fatale
- I'm Not Angry (electric)
- Tripwire>PLU (ballad) (electric)
- If I Could Believe (keyboard)
- For the Stars (keyboard)
- The Puppet Has Cut His Strings

Off stage 10:29

I would add that before he began the Wave a White Flag, White Knuckles and Litte Palaces, he did acknowledge the unfortunate mugging of Milo in Portland...then into 3 brutal songs... (he also prefaced Wave a White Flag as being inspired by some people he'd been living with, and a few simialrly violent songs, name sof which escape me). You could hear some of the oxygen leave the room as he sang a few of the more overt White Flag lyrics. The arrangement and guitar work on White Knuckles reminded me of the approach he has taken to re-working Beynd Belief in the "seated" section of the show---lots of interesting changes and turns.I agree with others as this being one of top moments of an excellent show.

It also seemed that Femme Fatale may have been an audible, as he broke a string on Red Shoes, so had to give up that guitar...not sure...perhaps it was on the official set list...also a top moment..and if a tape surfaces it will sound exquisite, as the crowd was silenced

Also, he prefaced the last 2 songs by saying "I want to play the next two songs becasue this is how I'm feeling"...presumably about the anniversary of his father's passing...