intimate performances this November. Costello's recent solo dates have
become the stuff of legend, with reactions ranging from "Mesmerizing"
and "Spellbinding (OC Register) to "Impassioned" and "Breathtaking"
(Arizona Republic) to "altogether stunning" (San Diego Union
Tribune).

The announcement follows news of 'Wise Up Ghost,' the
collaborative album from Costello and The Roots, out September 17th on
Blue Note Records. The album was produced by longtime Roots associate
Steven Mandel along with Costello and ?uestlove.

Elvis Costello Fall 2013 Tour Dates:
11/2 Burlington, VT - Flynn Center PAC - On Sale 9/13
11/3 Northampton, MA - Calvin Theatre - On Sale 8/9
11/4 Englewood, NJ - Bergen PAC - On Sale 8/9
11/6 Troy, NY - Music Hall - On Sale 8/9
11/7 Ithaca, NY - State Theatre - On Sale 8/9
11/8 New Haven, CT - Shubert PAC - On Sale 8/16
11/10 Philadelphia, PA - Merriam Theater - On Sale 8/9
11/11-12 Port Chester, NY - The Capitol Theatre - On Sale 8/9
11/14 Kingston, NY - Ulster PAC - On Sale 8/22
11/17 Boston, MA - Wilbur Theatre - On Sale 8/9
11/18 Portland, ME - State Theatre - On Sale 8/9
11/19 Orono, ME -Collins Center - On Sale 8/9
Last edited by krm on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lester Burnham

Re: 2013 US East Coast solo tour just announced

Post by Lester Burnham »

Awesome, totally gonna grab tickets for the Philly show.
migdd

Post by migdd »

Nothing south of Philly??? Oh well.
martinfoyle

Post by martinfoyle »

How good of Dec to schedule shows for me during my NY visit , what's Englewood, NJ - Bergen PAC like?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

What, no shows in NJ, how far will BA have to travel ? :roll:
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

sulky lad wrote:What, no shows in NJ, how far will BA have to travel ? :roll:
The Cap is in both of our backyards and I will be at both nights, most likely.
bronxapostle

Re: 2013 US North East Coast solo tour just announced

Post by bronxapostle »

and the KINGSTON show is a mere 90 minutes and a great theater! the ENGLEWOOD in NJ is fine also and real close too. i also LOVE the CALVIN in Northampton...but that would need a sleepover. too bad it's a Sunday and the New Haven CT show is about 2 hours away. each of these theatres mentioned alongside the Capitol in Port Chester are A++++ venues! :) :) :)
krm

Post by krm »

bronxapostle wrote:and the KINGSTON show is a mere 90 minutes and a great theater! the ENGLEWOOD in NJ is fine also and real close too. i also LOVE the CALVIN in Northampton...but that would need a sleepover. too bad it's a Sunday and the New Haven CT show is about 2 hours away. each of these theatres mentioned alongside the Capitol in Port Chester are A++++ venues! :) :) :)
seems like we can expect a flood of analogue recordings from this leg of the tour.....................
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

and you will LOVE them!!!!!! my recordings, of other acts from EACH of the venues i might go see him, are INCREDIBLE! ba analog FOREVER!
cwr

Post by cwr »

In almost 2 decades of seeing concerts (over 15 times I think I've seen him now), this will be the first time I've ever seen a proper EC SOLO show.

Several Costello & NIeve shows-- which is pretty close to his solo shows, in terms of the vibe-- and several shows where he has done a portion of the show solo, but none where it's only EC on the bill.

I'm really looking forward to it!
migdd

Post by migdd »

You're in for a treat, Connor!
And No Coffee Table

Post by And No Coffee Table »

It'll be interesting to see how much of Wise Up Ghost is played in the solo shows.

It seems like we're running out of time to hear about live dates with the Roots to coincide with the album's release.
docinwestchester

And No Coffee Table wrote:It seems like we're running out of time to hear about live dates with the Roots to coincide with the album's release.
That would be a shame. I'm hoping you're wrong. It looks like he's kept September and October wide open.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

docinwestchester wrote:
And No Coffee Table wrote:It seems like we're running out of time to hear about live dates with the Roots to coincide with the album's release.
That would be a shame. I'm hoping you're wrong. It looks like he's kept September and October wide open.
Hopefully September and October will be packed with TV and Radio promotion, with Live dates following in 2014.
docinwestchester

The imposter wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:
Hopefully September and October will be packed with TV and Radio promotion, with Live dates following in 2014.
One potential scheduling problem in 2014: The premiere date for Jimmy Fallon's first Tonight Show is Monday, February 24th. I would think that would keep The Roots close to NYC for at least a good part of the early part of 2014. But January may be clear for them.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

And No Coffee Table wrote:It'll be interesting to see how much of Wise Up Ghost is played in the solo shows.

It seems like we're running out of time to hear about live dates with the Roots to coincide with the album's release.

no worry ANCT...i'm certain there will be a mini barrage of appearances (IN NYC!) a la NATIONAL RANSOM release week come WISE UP GHOST day.

docinwestchester wrote:
correct doc...plenty of elbow room before November solo shows. will you go to buy tix in person Friday Port Chester please? save us service charges! :lol:
jmm

Post by jmm »

two additional shows added

Nov 23 in Easton PA
Nov 26 in Morristown NJ (on sale Aug 16)

Maybe that means Thanksgiving in NYC (reminds me of the story he tells of spending the holiday at Tony Bennett's)
I too am a limited, primitive kind of man
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

jmm wrote:two additional shows added

Nov 23 in Easton PA
Nov 26 in Morristown NJ (on sale Aug 16)

Maybe that means Thanksgiving in NYC (reminds me of the story he tells of spending the holiday at Tony Bennett's)

whoops, I should've checked here first, jmm. Thought I'd post them in a different place so folks would see there were new dates.

Dave
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

I am SO jealous of fans over in the USA right now! I would absolutely LOVE to see Elvis do a solo tour here in the UK. I love his voice and find that sometimes the noise from the band just drowns it out at times. I prefer EC singing balads or slow, broody numbers, rather than the louder stuff. If I had got the chance to say this when I met him after the Basingstoke show, I would have pleaded with him to do some solo shows, but the moment passed all too briefly. So, Elvis, if you're reading this, PLEASE BRING YOUR SOLO TOUR TO THE UK!!! Just you and your guitar is all that's needed. (I can feel a massive sulk coming on, if this doesn't happen.)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Tickets seems to be selling fast: http://www.nippertown.com/2013/08/13/so ... usic-hall/

SOLD OUT: Elvis Costello at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall

Well, that didn’t take long…

Tickets to Elvis Costello’s upcoming solo show on Wednesday, November 6 at the Troy Savings Bank Music Hall went on sale on Friday (August 9), and if you didn’t manage to snag one, it looks like you’re out of luck, as the concert is now officially sold out.

However, Mr. Costello is making a couple of other nearby tour stops. There are still a few single tickets left for his show at the Calvin Theatre in Northampton at 8pm on Sunday, November 3. And tickets for his Thursday, November 14 concert at the Ulster Performing Arts Center in Kingston are scheduled to go on sale to the general public at 11am on Thursday, August 22… - See more at: http://www.nippertown.com/2013/08/13/so ... B1aY8.dpuf
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Mayo Performing Arts Center is also sold out: http://www.mayoarts.org/indiv/indiv_Elv ... g4I2rzvvx4
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Harry Lime

Post by Harry Lime »

sweetest punch wrote:Mayo Performing Arts Center is also sold out: http://www.mayoarts.org/indiv/indiv_Elv ... g4I2rzvvx4
I knew I should have bought those presale seats. Sigh...
Who put these fingerprints on my imagination?
docinwestchester

Harry Lime wrote:
sweetest punch wrote:Mayo Performing Arts Center is also sold out: http://www.mayoarts.org/indiv/indiv_Elv ... g4I2rzvvx4
I knew I should have bought those presale seats. Sigh...
StubHub is your friend...

http://www.stubhub.com/elvis-costello-t ... 3-4341655/

It'll cost ya, but right now there are 2 seats in the first row balcony for $160 each.
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Northampton, Massachusetts is sold out: http://beta.iheg.com/event.asp?show=734 ... s+Costello
Englewood, New Jersey is sold out: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004AFE117953DC
New Haven, Connecticut is sold out: http://www.ticketmaster.com/Shubert-The ... =shubertnh
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is sold out: https://tickets.kimmelcenter.org/Cart/C ... f_no=20426
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

Dear fellow fans,

I just tried contacting Artist Arena to see if I could get my will call tickets mailed to me before the 11/7/13 Ithaca show because I am, unfortunately, unable to go now. I was lucky enough to score two 5th row center orchestra seats during the pre-sale and I wanted to try to give them to friend and fellow die-hard fan. This was the e-mail I got back:
Hello Trevor,

Unfortunately, since we are not a direct ticketing company, we are unable to ship physical or digital tickets to customers with will call tickets. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best,
Steve
Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really disappointed that they failed to even offer ANY sort of sollution. Pretty much just told me I was up a creek.

I'm pretty sure no one, aside from myself, will be able to claim these tickets at will call, and I won't be in town. I certainly don't want my money or, more importantly, my wonderful tickets going to waste! What to do?