"Brutal Youth" finally getting a vinyl issue!

Pretty self-explanatory
bronxapostle

Re: "Brutal Youth" finally getting a vinyl issue!

Post by bronxapostle »

that sounds pretty crappy my PRINCE friend! :evil: gee, glad i planned on sticking with my 1989 version all along anyway. poor cover reproduction would leave me feeling it to be a "bootleg" which i KNOW it is not. but.....HEY! speaking of these pressings: i paid the nearly $50 for the BRUTAL YOUTH upon vinyl as i would NOT be without it after the 19 year wait, BUT....it is now available at amazon for the MUCH BETTER under $30 price. a heads up for those interested but intimidated by the rather large amount i did indeed pay pre-release. you never know when to act fast or wait it out with these kinds of releases. oh well, win some, lose some.
Ymaginatif

Post by Ymaginatif »

bronxapostle wrote:that sounds pretty crappy my PRINCE friend! :evil: gee, glad i planned on sticking with my 1989 version all along anyway. poor cover reproduction would leave me feeling it to be a "bootleg" which i KNOW it is not. but.....HEY! speaking of these pressings: i paid the nearly $50 for the BRUTAL YOUTH upon vinyl as i would NOT be without it after the 19 year wait, BUT....it is now available at amazon for the MUCH BETTER under $30 price. a heads up for those interested but intimidated by the rather large amount i did indeed pay pre-release. you never know when to act fast or wait it out with these kinds of releases. oh well, win some, lose some.
Yes, there is a whiff of bootleg about this Spike release. The front is fine, the insert is fine, but the lettering on the back is not the quality it should be ... The cover's main attraction seems to be its extreme glossiness :) It looks very NEW indeed.
This one wasn't very expensive, by the way: £17.00. Lower range of heavy weight vinyl, I'd say.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

[quote="Ymaginatif"
Yes, there is a whiff of bootleg about this Spike release. [/quote]

that's sad...maybe "stench" would be a more suited word for the disgrace of low quality printing. :cry: :cry:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The vinyl release of Mighty Like A Rose is scheduled for November 25: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mighty-Like-Vin ... s+costello
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
cwr

Post by cwr »

OKAY GUYS, the original MLAR LP is not hard to find these days. Let's get down to brass tacks and at least get around to releasing Kojak Variety, the WB-era album that has never been on vinyl!