Elvis & The Imposters play Manchester, 14 June '13

Pretty self-explanatory
verbal gymnastics

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Manchester, 14 June '13

Post by verbal gymnastics »

krm wrote:100 different songs were already done on the 10th in Liverpool!
Check the - by now- usual update of the EC wiki http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 3_setlists

with six shows to go the question would be if there are 150 different ones!

I was looking at 100 different ones in the UK. I must admit I didn't count them.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

Otis Westinghouse wrote: And Still (if not Still Ill, BA!!).
:lol: :lol: :lol: AWESOME observation Otis!!!!
verbal gymnastics wrote:
krm wrote:100 different songs were already done on the 10th in Liverpool!
Check the - by now- usual update of the EC wiki http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... 3_setlists

with six shows to go the question would be if there are 150 different ones!

I was looking at 100 different ones in the UK. I must admit I didn't count them.
back to Mathematics class for you VG! 150 looks doable indeedy.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

There are 12 (twelve !) songs that I've missed just from not attending Milton Keynes and Manchester. I'm not really gutted but for heaven's sake, Battered Old Bird ! :roll:
I know VG is amongst the proposers here but I think I should be sponsored by this forum to make sure I attend all the UK ( and Ireland, Messrs Foyles) in perpetuity so that decent, upright reporting can be done of these shows and also little mementos secured for the poor unfortunates (such as Benny) who are unable to cross the Atlantic to see them. I'd be equally willing to sponsor one of US colleagues so that they could do the same when (and if) EC decides to tour there ! :wink: Of course, having said that now, he'll probably do a US only tour with the Roots in October - just my luck !
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

sulky lad wrote:There are 12 (twelve !) songs that I've missed just from not attending Milton Keynes and Manchester. I'm not really gutted but for heaven's sake, Battered Old Bird ! :roll:
I know VG is amongst the proposers here but I think I should be sponsored by this forum to make sure I attend all the UK ( and Ireland, Messrs Foyles) in perpetuity so that decent, upright reporting can be done of these shows and also little mementos secured for the poor unfortunates (such as Benny) who are unable to cross the Atlantic to see them. I'd be equally willing to sponsor one of US colleagues so that they could do the same when (and if) EC decides to tour there ! :wink: Of course, having said that now, he'll probably do a US only tour with the Roots in October - just my luck !
i thought you said you WERE coming for THE ROOTS shows? :lol: hope so.
and you know i'm all for the fan forum sponsoring ME to get to every local show and recording each ANALOG!!! :wink: :wink:
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
Harry Worth

Post by Harry Worth »

Was a little strange, it didn't quite get going for me until 'Tokyo Storm Warning' and then we were off!

Plenty of highlights, loved 'Sleep of the Just' and 'She'. Almost seemed to me that he went into the Greatest Hits section too early, that there should have been another spin of the wheel. Did he forget to introduce Pete when he went round the band and ladies? I hoped for another encore, but the Apollo is a crap venue for the crowd to be heard chanting.

'Battered Old Bird' was a request from a wheel spinner, I could see Pete Thomas look at the rest of the band with a look of "Hey that's a good one we haven't played". EC asked a minion to bring it up on the display on his lectern thingy.
monkey2man

Post by monkey2man »

is there a recording of this show? would love to hear Battered Old Bird, even if it was a bit impromptu.