Pretty self-explanatory
yorkio

Re: Elvis & The Imposters play Sheffield, 8 June '13

Post by yorkio »

"Happy" Jackpot - Spin 4

Possession
Secondary Modern/Watch Your Step
Girls Talk
Was it part of the Happy jackpot? I thought the Happy jackpot was for three very excited and clearly delighted guys, one of whom, quite possibly under the influence of strong drink, tried on ECs topper while rocking along to Possession, shortly before heading into the cage.

I could have sworn that the girl who you can see in the cage in the Girls Talk video was the one who Elvis had sung I Still Have That Other Girl to when he was roving the stalls just behind us during the Joanna jackpot. There was a little bit of a hold-up before she managed to get her dad to join her onstage. I think Girls Talk came after that, possibly before EDIWTB.

Or have I got that all completely wrong?
johnanderson

Post by johnanderson »

Otis Westinghouse wrote:That looks like a superb night out. Possession/Sec Mod/Watch Your Step - heaven. I Still Have That Other Girl + She, great. And one of my faves off Nat Ran, The Stations of the Cross. Yes, sirree. The only problem might have been the proximity of a man with three willies on public display.
The Happy jackpot was sublime and I now understand Stations of The Cross a little more than I did at the start of the evening.

It really was a great night. I've seen plenty of Costello shows in different guises over the years and this one ranks up there with the very best. The crowd were really up for it and that seemed to egg the band on. It had been a tricky day in Sheffield, thanks to an unwelcome visit from the EDL, and a rather robust response to them. My walk to the show took me through a city centre covered in broken glass and other detritus left after the rioting. Maybe that added to the intensity, I don't know.

The setlist is missing an impromptu Jackie Wilson Said, after the impromptu Radio Sweetheart. I guess that will be fixed soon, now that it has been pointed out on here.

Manchester next for me. Can't wait.
Azmuda

Post by Azmuda »

You Belong To Me > The Last Time / Chelsea _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Pump It Up / Peace, Love And Understanding:
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

johnanderson wrote:It really was a great night. I've seen plenty of Costello shows in different guises over the years and this one ranks up there with the very best. The crowd were really up for it and that seemed to egg the band on. It had been a tricky day in Sheffield, thanks to an unwelcome visit from the EDL, and a rather robust response to them. My walk to the show took me through a city centre covered in broken glass and other detritus left after the rioting. Maybe that added to the intensity, I don't know.
Welcome here and sounds like a very special night. I can imagine the site of the post-EDL debris adding to the whole thing.

Sulky: I trust you'll be sharing the evidence on Dimeadozen soon (that is you as Funkygibbon with the RAH, right?). Very keen to hear Stations live, but the whole show sounds worth it. Don't know if being so close (plus choreographing your triple memberhood) makes it harder to record well or not.

Man, I'm bummed that I failed to get me a single ticket on the UK tour, but on the positive side, a) first time seeing him in Ireland, and out in County Mayo at that (where I'll get to thank John Foyle for all the great audience recordings he's made over the years) and b) tomorrow I'll get to see something very close to this (little variation on the tour, apart from the encores normally):

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/neil-youn ... 9ebbf.html
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Heats101

Post by Heats101 »

Man out of Time wrote:Setlist from http://www.elviscostello.com/#/news/the ... esults/151

01. I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down
02. High Fidelity
03. Uncomplicated
04. Mystery Dance
05. Radio, Radio
06. Shipbuilding - spin 1
07. Oliver's Army - spinner's request
08. Bedlam - spin 2
Beauty Or Beast? Jackpot - spin 3
09. All This Useless Beauty
10. Monkey To Man
11. Radio Sweetheart
Happy Jackpot - spin 4
12. Possession
13. Secondary Modern/Watch Your Step
Joker Jackpot - spin 5
14. Stations Of The Cross
15. A Slow Drag With Josephine
16. Jimmie Standing In The Rain
Joker Jackpot - spin 6
17. Watching The Detectives
The Hammer Of Songs
18. I Want You
Joanna Jackpot - spin 7
19. She
20. I Still Have That Other Girl
21. Everyday I Write The Book - spin 8
22. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes
23. Less Than Zero
24. Tramp The Dirt Down
Encore 1
25. Heart Of The City
26. You Belong To Me/The Last Time
27. (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea - spin 9
28. Pump It Up
29. (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding?

A lot of jackpots spun, which is usually a good thing in terms of the flow of the set. Has the same banner been spun twice in a row before? I know there are two Joker banners usually, so the odds of a second "Joker" after the first are 20/1.
MOOT
Yes Melbourne 25/01/13 as witnessed and reported by yours truly.
"Unbelievably a double spin by a couple did throw up Deep Dark Truthful Mirror both times. Elvis said it was a very fine song."
Good manners and bad breath get you nowhere
charliestumpy

Post by charliestumpy »

Thankyou for 'The last time' link.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Seemed like a lot of impromptu stuff was going on, I think being away from London probably allowed a bit more flexibility and there was a pause as "father of the girl" made his way on stage.
Otis, I'm not funky gibbon from dime, he's a fine archivist who saved my bacon a couple of times by making complete recordings of shows I'd missed. My user name was picked for me by my son who at least resisted the temptation to be facetious about his old man when it came to choice of names !
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

She / I Still Have That Other Girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb3DNudWzwM
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

My recording up on dime now - damn, forget the URL :oops:

Otis, this is definitely imho the best show to get a copy of !
SoulForHire

Post by SoulForHire »

EDITED

Did not realize that even posting ROIO were a No No. Thought the ban related to only links to official material
Last edited by SoulForHire on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote:My recording up on dime now !
Thanks so much for this and all the others - see you in the Fly in the Loaf in July.....

Colin Top Balcony
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

Please be carefull with posting URL's to unofficial recordings: http://www.elviscostellofans.com/phpBB3 ... f=1&t=7488
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.