Pretty self-explanatory
sheeptotheslaughter

Elvis supporting Elton John at Hyde Park Friday 12th July

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Ray Davies and Nick Lowe also on the bill
And No Coffee Table

Re: Elvis supporting Elton John at Hyde Park Friday 12th Jul

Post by And No Coffee Table »

Elton John, Ray Davies, Elvis Costello & More Announced For British Summer Time Concert At Hyde Park
Tuesday, 21 May 2013
Written by Jon Stickler

The multi-million selling, incomparable Elton John is to lead star-studded line-up celebrating the best of British songwriting at the final Friday of Barclaycard's British Summer Time concerts at London's Hyde Park.

Friday 12th July will celebrate a great evening of British songwriters as three of the country¹s finest take to The Great Oak Stage with the Grammy Award-winning legend Elton John and his band as the headline act. Also on the bill will be the legendary former-Kinks frontman, Ray Davies and the outstanding Elvis Costello performing full sets with their own bands in the run up to Sir Elton and his band.

Across Hyde Park, the three other event stages will also see brilliant singer-songwriter talent. At The Barclaycard Unwind Theatre,you can hear the unmistakable chords of Nick Lowe - English singer-songwriter, producer and collaborator of Elvis Costello - as well as Lucy Rose, a former backing singer with Bombay Bicycle Club who released her first solo album to great acclaim last September and founding member of Del Amitri, Justin Currie. American singer-songwriter, Tift Merrit will feature at The Village Hall alongside British folk/rock band To Kill A King. Finally, The Bandstand will see Thea Gilmore as a headline act. She is joined by Grammy and Golden Globe nominee and one time Beyonce collaborator, Scott McFarnon and Olivia Sebastianelli​.

Elton John UK & Ireland Tour Dates are as follows

Sun June 23rd 2013 - CORK Live At The Marquee
Fri July 12th 2013 - LONDON Hyde Park
Wed September 4th 2013 - LEEDS Leeds Arena
Elton John Tickets are on sale from 9am on Thursday 23rd May, priced from £59.00 + fees.
And No Coffee Table

AXS TV will air 10 hours of material from the Hyde Park shows on July 13 and 14.

However, it's not clear whether Elvis will be part of either broadcast.

He is not included in the schedule on the AXS TV website (which also says "artists subject to change"):
Saturday July 13th 7p ET | 4p PT
Elton John
Gary Clark Jr.
The Vaccines
Kaiser Chiefs
Gabrielle Aplin

Sunday July 14th 7p ET | 4p PT
Lionel Richie
Bon Jovi
Chic feat. Nile Rodgers
The Temper Trap
Eliza Doolittle
King Charles
Vintage Trouble
But he is mentioned in this AXS TV tweet:
#axsBST is coming... LIVE from England next weekend w/ music's biggest names @eltonjohndotcom @LionelRichie @ElvisCostello & @bonJovi
And my TiVo lists Elvis for July 13: "Featuring Elton John, Elvis Costello, The Palma Violets, The Temper Trap, Gary Clark Jr., The Vaccines, Bernhoft, Kaiser Chiefs, and The Coronas."
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

And No Coffee Table wrote: And my TiVo lists Elvis for July 13: "Featuring Elton John, Elvis Costello, The Palma Violets, The Temper Trap, Gary Clark Jr., The Vaccines, Bernhoft, Kaiser Chiefs, and The Coronas."
What cable system do you have?

I have Cablevision, which does not carry AXS, which pisses me off!
And No Coffee Table

docinwestchester wrote:What cable system do you have?
DirecTV. You have a week to switch.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Tickets available at a reduced price of £29:

https://livingsocial.com/events/cities/ ... -hyde-park

MOOT
FAVEHOUR

Post by FAVEHOUR »

And No Coffee Table wrote:
docinwestchester wrote:What cable system do you have?
DirecTV. You have a week to switch.
And remember to give ANCT's account number, so he'll get $10 off his bill.

Dave
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Man out of Time wrote:Tickets available at a reduced price of £29:

https://livingsocial.com/events/cities/ ... -hyde-park

MOOT
That's not bad is it? It's not enough to tempt me though. I'm out with a mate in London for a drink but there's no chance of me going. Not the best venue for sound or getting home from.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

It's not tge £29 fee, it's the £600 charge for a helicopter to get me back to Plymouth in time to do my night-shift :roll:
verbal gymnastics

Just stay overnight and put it down as a business expense. Elvis'll vouch for you :lol:
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

I'm heading down for The Stones on the 13th and couldn't believe when I saw Elvis was playing the day before as my flights and hotel are all in place for the Saturday. Shame I couldn't have added Elvis to the trip again
verbal gymnastics

nicola76 wrote:I'm heading down for The Stones on the 13th and couldn't believe when I saw Elvis was playing the day before as my flights and hotel are all in place for the Saturday. Shame I couldn't have added Elvis to the trip again
No chance of extending the trip? The hotel will probably be ok although the flight may cost a bit to amend.

You're just getting greedy by the way - didn't you just see Elvis and the Stones at Glastonbury?

I'm going to start calling you a Londoner :lol:
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

"Knees up muvva broywwwwwn" :wink:

No Glastonbury for me. I had to opt for The Stones in London as I could cash in some airmiles and stay in another Easy windowless room for £40, so it worked up far cheaper than getting to Glastonbury. Had relatives over from Sydney for the first time in 16 years so Glastonbury had to be pushed to one side, although we watched quite a bit of it as they tried to get over their jet lag

I do have Kenny Rogers with my Gran on Wednesday in Glasgow, so very nearly the Glastonbury Pyramid Stage line up anyway!
sheeptotheslaughter

I had intended going to this but it looks like Mrs Sheep might be getting made redundant so I probably will have to give it a miss.

I was looking on Stubhub yesterday just in case, the tickets on there were going for under £40. Including their charges.

They had Thetford Forest tickets for under £20
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Sorry to hear that about Mrs Sheep.
verbal gymnastics

Elton's pulled out because of appendicitis so you'll get a refund.

The show, as they say, will go on so Elvis will probably headline.

I look forward to seeing further news on this.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

'The Curse ' strikes again!
verbal gymnastics

More on that...

http://www.bst-hydepark.com/12julyupdate

So if you already have tickets you get a refund AND free tickets. 8) Good for you!

If anyone can make it work even though I haven't got a ticket then please let me know.

I must admit, seeing tickets available for £29 did make me wonder about ticket sales anyway.
docinwestchester

Post by docinwestchester »

verbal gymnastics wrote:I must admit, seeing tickets available for £29 did make me wonder about ticket sales anyway.
Tickets prices will drop even more now.
verbal gymnastics

Absolutely - there'll be 2 for the price of 1 offers, plenty of radio show/ticket agency giveaways etc.
verbal gymnastics

I've just got 4 free tickets by following the link.

When I originally tried it wouldn't work.

By the way, HUGE thanks to Nicola76 for the heads up on this.

At the very least I'll have 2 spare tickets (I'm still not sure if I'm going to go). Just because it's free doesn't mean it makes Hyde Park any easier to get home from :lol: If Elvis doesn't headline then I might go, see him and then go home. I've got a weekend of looking after the mini VGs by myself (which is by way of payback for my 8 Elvis gigs in May/June :lol: ) while Mrs VG goes away on a spa weekend with her girlie mates.
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by VG as always!

Wait, isn't that link now saying the whole gig is free?

http://www.bst-hydepark.com/12julyupdate
AEG Live and The Royal Parks confirm that the show will go on with the remaining stellar line-up for free and existing ticket holders will receive a full refund.

Print out a ticket at home to bring to Hyde Park. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis until capacity
verbal gymnastics

It didn't say that earlier! The message has changed considerably. Still, get them while they're hot!

I wonder if, even with the free tickets, it will reach capacity (particularly if people book 4 tickets and don't necessarily use them...ahem, *looks for the coughing emoticon*)
sweetest punch

Post by sweetest punch »

The Guardian has this piece about it: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/ju ... pendicitis

Elton John postpones concerts to undergo surgery

Singer pulls out of series of shows after being diagnosed with appendicitis and will undergo surgery in next few weeks

Sir Elton John is to undergo surgery after being taken ill with appendicitis and has cancelled a series of shows including a headline performance at London's Hyde Park.

The veteran musician is undergoing intensive treatment to contain the condition after a series of scans and blood tests by UK medics to identify the source of his ill health.

The star had been due to perform at Hyde Park on Friday night, topping a bill which also features Elvis Costello and Ray Davies. Organisers have announced that the show will be a free event following Sir Elton's withdrawal, and ticket-holders will be refunded.

The 66-year-old singer called in doctors after he became ill during his European tour. They advised him to cancel all the dates on his current tour.

A statement on behalf of the singer said he had been diagnosed with an "appendix abscess surrounding retrocaecal appendicitis".

He is expected to undergo surgery in the UK in the next few weeks when doctors are sure they have reduced toxins around the inflamed appendix sufficiently.

The singer's spokesman said he would not return to touring until fully recovered from the surgery and the damage caused by the abscess.

He went on: "Elton is incredibly disappointed to postpone these tour dates. To know that he made such superhuman efforts and continued to perform to thousands through his illness only confirms his dedication to his European fans.

"He is eager to be back on top form and return to play the remaining shows starting in early September 2013."

John was confirmed earlier on Tuesday as one of the stars due to play the iTunes Festival at London's Roundhouse in September.

It is the latest health scare for the chart star.

Last year he cancelled a number of shows as a result of a respiratory infection which struck him during a series of US dates. He also missed concerts due to a bout of food poisoning.

In 1999 he had a pacemaker fitted after doctors found he had an irregular heartbeat.

John has recently been promoting his forthcoming album The Diving Board, which is due to be released in September.

It is his first studio recording of new solo material since his 2006 album The Captain & The Kid. His most recent album was his 2010 collaboration with Leon Russell, called The Union.

His Hyde Park show was part of the Barclaycard Presents British Summer Time Festival. Other acts such as Davies, Costello, Nick Lowe and others will still perform at the event, which will now be free of charge as a gesture of goodwill following John's cancellation.

Rob Hallett, the president of international live touring for show promoter AEG Live, said: "We certainly wish Elton a speedy recovery and know that he would have hated for us to cancel the whole day's events because of this.

"In the beautiful surroundings of Hyde Park and the incredible weather we are having, our show goes on. And there's no better way to enjoy the start of our final weekend than with a free event for all to enjoy, with some excellent headline artists topping off even more great entertainment in our 10-day event."

Fans can apply for free tickets on a first-come, first-served basis at www.bst-hydepark.com/12julyupdate.
Since you put me down, it seems i've been very gloomy. You may laugh but pretty girls look right through me.
sheeptotheslaughter

[quote="verbal gymnastics"]I've just got 4 free tickets by following the link.

When I originally tried it wouldn't work.

I have four also. I had the same problems as you and rang them up and the told me all tickets were gone.

I would Imagine they will still appear as they are on the bill . Ray Davies headlining. Nick Lowe has been moved to the main stage as well.

Hope to see you there VG