Tramp The Dirt Down

Pretty self-explanatory
History History

Re: Tramp The Dirt Down

Post by History History »

Alternatively, he could sing 'It's Time' instead: As Elvis says:

'In a strange way "It's Time" was the sequel to "Tramp The Dirt Down" This is indicated by an absurd line in the last verse: ".... but if you do have to leave me, who will I have left to hate?" '

I've always understood this song to be one of his very personal songs dressed up as something else. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?
InvisibleMan

Post by InvisibleMan »

blob, italian tv program that mixes a stream of consciousness of tv fragments justapoxed in a political and sarcastic way (from a leftist point of view), all dedicated to margaret tonight: i've caught a glimpse of elvis c. singing "tramp the dirt down" live, just the "and when they'll finally put you in the ground / i'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down" with a quite ferocious expression.
io strombazzo!

Ombre nel sole
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Top balcony wrote:I'd prefer him to reply " I've retired that f****** song, the witch is dead"

Colin Top Balcony
Absolutely.

Elvis - we know you or your people look at this site so please take heed of your fellow Scouser.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
InvisibleMan

Post by InvisibleMan »

verbal gymnastics wrote:
Top balcony wrote:I'd prefer him to reply " I've retired that f****** song, the witch is dead"

Colin Top Balcony
Absolutely.

Elvis - we know you or your people look at this site so please take heed of your fellow Scouser.
you know it?
io strombazzo!

Ombre nel sole