Elvis `n Clint chew the cud...Roger Moore looks on

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Elvis `n Clint chew the cud...Roger Moore looks on

Post by johnfoyle »

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/19.htm

Heidi writes -

I was lucky enough to be taken to The Ivy last night as a birthday treat and was a bit aprehensive after all the hype I had heard - surely it could not live up to expectations, but I was wrong.

The meal was fantastic, deer steak which was like cutting into butter, pork which was equally as tender, perfect scallops and the frozen berries with white chocolate was a dream.

I had expected to be treated like a second class citizen, but we were treated superbely. As for celebs, where do I start? James Nesbit was the first we saw, next table along was Simon Mayo and guest, two along from that was that horse racing bloke, John Mccormick of something similar. Next table to me was Sir Roger Moore with Paul McKenna and partners and as we we ordering dessert Clint Eastwood walked in with Elvis Costello and party. A wonderful ending to a wonderful weekend in London. Booking today for next year!

Heidi M 12/10/ 03
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

It would be the sodding Ivy wouldn't it! Bloody overpriced and stuffy in there...Im surprised he could be arsed with the pretentiousness of it all.
bobster

Post by bobster »

There's a restaurant here in L.A. called the Ivy which is favored by celebs but which, by all acounts, has pretty unremarkable food. (I think they go there mainly so they won't be bothered by uncelebs and, as documented in "Get Shorty", it's famous for allowing them to order off the menu.)

The Dublin restaurant couldn't be a branch? At least the food sounds good. (Actually, some of our other celeb hangouts have some pretty great food. Wolfgang Puck is actually really good...expensive unless you go to one of his "cafes" in which case it's merely "mid-priced")
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

The Ivy is in London...it's one of the oldest and grandest eating establishments..but really expensive.