Introduces Songs....... ABlue, help?

Pretty self-explanatory
semi-detached

Introduces Songs....... ABlue, help?

Post by semi-detached »

Hi everyone,

Brand new here and hoping someone can help. I've searched here on site, and have tried unsuccessfully to message a couple of EC webmasters, but to no avail. Appreciate whole-heartedly any info I can get......

Quite simply....... concerning the numbered UK version of "Introduces Songs from ALMOST BLUE"....... are the "signatures" present on these lps hand signed/in person, or rather stamped facsimilies?

Sorry if this seems an inane question for those of you far more immersed in collecting than I, but please help me if you will. I understand the cover drawing, name/instrument id's and all, but haven't found anything definitive per the signatures themselves. THX VERY MUCH.........
Regards, Mike
johnfoyle

Re: Introduces Songs....... ABlue, help?

Post by johnfoyle »

Doubtlessly you've seen this -

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... st_Blue%27

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the signatures are 'for real' - this account states they are.
Last edited by johnfoyle on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

hello..welcome aboard SD! i think i understand what you are speaking of, and i can state that those are indeed authentic REAL signatures! you mean the one disc vinyl version of ALMOST BLUE with the band sketched on front on plain white paper adhered to jacket featuring from left to right ELVIS, PETE, BRUCE and STEVE (NEIVE misspelled!) with autographs. my number is 000358. what's yours? A GREAT item and if you got it for $75 or less, it's a great deal.
Dr. Luther

Post by Dr. Luther »

johnfoyle wrote:Doubtlessly you've seen this -

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/inde ... st_Blue%27

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the signatures are 'for real' - this account states they are.

Those signatures look awfully similar to the way I remember my copy to be.
(Although it's packed away, and I haven't seen it in probably over 10 years.)

Maybe not.
Now that I think about it, I believe my Steve Nieve was more linear and deliberate.
I don't know...
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I got outbid for a copy on eBay backalong - its way out of my price range now.
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

maybe all you owners could scan in your covers for comparison. regardless, love to find one of these, got the very generic yank version
semi-detached

Post by semi-detached »

Many THX to all who passed along a reply. You were very helpful, and it is much appreciated.

Again, as a newbie, I'm just happy to be joining the fray. Hopefully along the journey I'll be able to add something to future discussion. I'm ready to be further EC-educated......
Regards, Mike
krm

Post by krm »

fred darden wrote:maybe all you owners could scan in your covers for comparison. regardless, love to find one of these, got the very generic yank version
or check here:
http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch. ... ue&x=0&y=0
fred darden

Post by fred darden »

that's really cool krm. anyone know why bruce has no stamp as all the other fellows do? i thought he drew the cover.
semi-detached

Post by semi-detached »

If some others resemble mine, Bruce's stamp is there....... just more shallow than the other three.