Elvis UK Tour 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
johnfoyle

Re: Elvis UK Tour 2013

Post by johnfoyle »

Welcome Andy! We're a taciturn bunch here, so don't be discouraged if you don't get much written reaction to anything you may post. Just watch the 'view' figures on the topics and be assured your presence has been noted and, doubtlessly, welcomed.
krm

Post by krm »

Hi andy!
History History

Post by History History »

Hello Andy, welcome aboard!
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Andy, big hi from me too.

Your "board name " is a really overlooked gem of a song, one of my favourites.

Colin Top Balcony
migdd

Post by migdd »

Welcome aboard, Andy!
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Welcome Andy

No doubt you are a fine figure of a man (and handsome too!).

Having seen 6 of the shows this year, Brighton was one of my top 2. I posted a review in this forum.

I'll definitely be seeing at least 6 shows in 2013.

And you're more than welcome to join us at one of the London meet ups where gifts will be bestowed upon you. Although not by me :lol:
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

Thank you all for a warm welcome, much appreciated! Well, what a nice bunch. I can't promise to be prolific, but I've bookmarked the site and look forward to joining in the discussions as they come up. Maybe I'll even feel as if I've got to know some of you enough before the London gigs next year to come along to a meet-up and say hello, but we'll see!
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"
verbal gymnastics

Hi all

Just received this

"Hi Elvis Fan, Elvis Costello & The Imposters are doing it all again in 2013. Following the success of the "Revolver" tour, Elvis has decided to bring The Spectacular Spinning Songbook back to the UK with the "13 Revolvers Tour". Because you have been such loyal fans, you will have first access to presale and VIP tickets for most shows. There will be two ticket options for most shows: 1. Regular Presale Ticket 2. Platinum VIP Ticket Package 75£ on top of face value of the ticket and includes: -One Premium Reserved or General Admission Seat -One Limited Edition Elvis Costello Poster, Autographed by Elvis -One Limited Edition National Ransack EP -One Elvis Costello Pick Pack -One Commemorative VIP Laminate

Tour dates and presale timing is as follows: May - 2013 Friday, 31st - Symphony Hall (Birmingham) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link June - 2013 Sat, 1st - St. David's Hall (Cardiff) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Sun, 2nd - Colston Hall (Bristol) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Tues, 4th - Royal Albert Hall (London) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Wed, 5th - Royal Albert Hall (London) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Sat, 8th - City Hall (Sheffield) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Mon, 9th - Symphony Hall (Birmingham) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Wed, 12th - The Sage (Gateshead) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Thu, 13th - Opera House (Blackpool) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Fri, 14th - Apollo (Manchester) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Sun, 16th - Festival Theatre (Edinburgh) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Mon, 17th - Barbican (York) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Wed, 19th - Cliffs Pavilion (Southend) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Thu, 20th - The Anvil (Basingstoke) *rescheduled date, no presale, no vip* Ticket Link Sat, 22nd - Brighton Centre (Brighton) Presale: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time Password: songbook Presale & VIP Ticket Link Sun, 23rd - Marlowe Theatre (Canterbury) No Presale, only public on-sale and VIP Public On-sale: Monday, 3/9/12 *still waiting on on-sale time confirmation...this will be added before blast deploys* Public On-sale Ticket Link VIP: Wednesday, 5/9/12 at 9am - local time VIP Ticket Link *Please Note: All ticket links may not have shows listed until the day of the presale. Please continue to check back* We'll see you at the shows!"

Canterbury looks to have been added. Looks like another trip...
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Verbal

I got the same email - is the Liverpool show on 10th June written in invisible ink?

Where is that lemon juice....

Colin Top Balcony
GertieAverage

Post by GertieAverage »

Phew! I thought my eyes were playing up looking for the Liverpool date for a minute then! Do the Philharmonic only allow presales for their own members?

Anyway, better get planning what dates I'm doing!
Bladders

Post by Bladders »

2 stalls tickets booked for Canterbury :)
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Has anyone seen the ticket prices yet?

Payday is Friday I am trying to keep enough back to buy 4 for Southend on pre sale
Bladders

Post by Bladders »

canterbury was £64 or £49
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Bladders wrote:canterbury was £64 or £49
Oh well may have to wait for Friday after all. He is not exactly giving them away.

Thought they might have been a bit cheaper in the outskirts as the RAH last time was £46. I believe the rest were less.
verbal gymnastics

Fairly near to the top of the close writing was the tour name of 13 Revolvers.

I have bought a £64 ticket :shock: for Canterbury (and even then it's Row M). My only justification is that it's the last night of the tour. There was a presale for theatre members on Sunday so the best £49 tickets may have gone.

It looks a lovely 1200 seater theatre though.

If this is the general price of the tickets then I'll be scaling back somewhat. I'm intending to go to 7 or 8 shows - Basingstoke and Canterbury are in the bag :D
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

There appears to also be a presale from Ticket Factory as well as Artist Arena. This from an e-mail just received:

ELVIS COSTELLO

VENUE
UK Tour
DATE
31 May - 22 Jun 2013

ON PRIORITY SALE FROM 9AM 5 SEP
Following the success of his recent ‘Revolver’ UK tour, Elvis Costello has decided to revolve again next year, wheeling his gigantic vaudevillian contraption up and down the country for 15 highly anticipated shows.

https://www.theticketfactory.com/defaul ... gn=1363960

Post by nicola76 »

Fantastic that he's back in Edinburgh - I've got a place to stay of he fancies an aftershow party to annoy the neighbours LOL!!

Looks like Edinburgh, Gateshead and one other of Blackpool or Liverpool for me. Not going to spring for the VIP unless anyone can particularly recommend it?
krm

Post by krm »

tempted, temped, tempted.....still hoping for Eurotour! Will make up my mind tonight :-)
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

I'm probably going to go to one of the mid-tour shows. If a Irish date gets announced, grand. Otherwise I'm not going to get a ticket for the show...until the day of the show. Much as I hope the dates sell well I just cannot see them selling-out-in-ten-minutes etc. The thought of giving some promoter my money for something like nine months before a show is just not something I'm prepared to tolerate any more. Factor in my indifference to the show format and it's just not something that I want to give priority to at the moment. I thought I'd put all that out there right now because some of you have been kind enough as to inquire as to my plans etc.
Pigalle

Post by Pigalle »

nicola76 wrote: Not going to spring for the VIP unless anyone can particularly recommend it?
For places like RAH VIP will almost certainly be the only place where you can get a front row, centre ticket. On the last tour VIP had front row for at least RAH, Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham and Basingstoke; also Cambridge front row seating in the balcony.
snapyou

Post by snapyou »

That was nice n easy.
Centre front row stalls seats for Edinburgh.
Fab.
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

2 for each RAH, rows 6 & 4. Feeling several hundred pounds lighter so quitting while I'm ahead. I'll probably go wild on ticket spending spree nearer the time, if my wife doesn't cancel my card first...
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Two for RAH first night and one for the second night. Also Brum (first night), Cardiff and Brighton. The second night at Symphony Hall (9 June) does not seem to be available. Has anyone found it? Also only balcony seats for Southend seem to be in the pre-sale. Presumably the standing stalls tickets will be on sale on Friday?

MOOT
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Can anyone throw any light on why the UK tour with 17 dates is called the 13 Revolvers tour?
13 Revolvers.jpg
13 Revolvers.jpg (16.46 KiB) Viewed 31953 times
Any relation to 13 steps lead down (to the auditorium)? Does this suggest that four dates will not feature the wheel?

MOOT
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

I'm attending four shows - the two Royal Albert Hall ones, Liverpool and Brighton. I'd love to have done more, but I fear bankruptcy! :mrgreen:

I would have loved to do Birmingham - the original date was June 9th, but it seems to have been rearranged to May 31st which means that I have to work and can't afford to take the leave. Shame.
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"