Elvis UK Tour 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
oliversa1

Re: Elvis UK Tour 2013

Post by oliversa1 »

I got my Liverpool tickets within two weeks of going on sale.
Don't Start Me Talking, I Could Talk All Night.
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

The imposter wrote:My tickets (2nd night RAH + Liverpool ) apparently haven't been printed yet ! I booked through The Ticket Factory pre sale ! (through the wiki links). Not impressed with these agents sitting on your cash for over 6 months now. In future I shall always seek to book directly with the venue.
Whether you have the tickets physically in your hand or not doesn't alter the fact that the agents have your money for well over 6 months does it?

I've got some tickets but the others will be sent in good time.
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

I got hooked in by the 3rd night at the RAH. Had a look to see what tickets there were available and managed to get the 6th row of the stalls. So, that's now 4 of the shows I have coming up :oops: which beats last year. Saw Tony Bennett at the RAH last year and can't wait to see Elvis there too
verbal gymnastics

I hope you're going to set up with us nicola
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

I'm not sure what you mean by set up :lol: but if it involves Elvis, I'll be there!
verbal gymnastics

It's just another way of asking if you're going to meet up with us. Nothing untoward :lol:
Fishfinger king

Post by Fishfinger king »

Elvis is now playing extra gigs at RAH and Milton Keynes as well as newly announced Thetford Forest gig (near us!!) in July.
Flogging himself hard.
Anyone else worried if the voice is going to go again, like last year?
Can't you see I'm trying to change this water to wine
verbal gymnastics

There are a lot of 3 nights in a row shows.

I'm seeing 8 shows at the moment - 4 at the beginning and 4 at the end.
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

Definitely up for a meet up at one or two of the gigs!
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

Tickets still available for the third night at the Royal Albert Hall (June 6th) not listed here.
Tour flyer
Tour flyer
flyer '13 Revolvers small.jpg (50.49 KiB) Viewed 17995 times
MOOT
History Repeats

Post by History Repeats »

I am coming over from the states to see some of the shows---am working on an itinerary and hoping to see him in Dublin, but am surprised to see no date thus far.

Any suggestions welcome for the best itinerary/plan to see 3 shows during the UK run---doing the 3 RAH is obvious...but I would prefer to do a series of shows outside of London...so your suggestions as to which set of 3 shows make sense (distance-wise and venue-wise) would be greatly appreciated

See you in the UK

Cheers
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

History Repeats wrote:Any suggestions welcome for the best itinerary/plan to see 3 shows during the UK run
I would suggest Birmingham, Cardiff and Bristol. Geographically quite close, there should be no risk of voice problems at the start of the tour. Symphony Hall is a great space with clear sight lines and a great acoustic. St David's Hall is more intimate and also pretty good acoustically. Colston Hall is not perfect, but easy to get there from Cardiff and Bristol has more to offer visitors than (say) Milton Keynes or Basingstoke. Others may have other ideas. An alternative would be Liverpool, Blackpool and Manchester. Ticket availability may be a consideration too.

MOOT
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

A Dublin date will not, almost certainly, happen. With three other Irish dates - Derry, Cork & Westport - in place there is no way any promoter will take a chance on Elvis being able to fill a venue in the capital this year.
John

Post by John »

Just booked our tickets for Liverpool. Left it late although I am still a little surprised as to how few tickets are left; it is almost sold out.
History Repeats

Thank you john and moot for your comments about a good itinerary and possibility of a Dublin date...I will look at the itinerary moot has recommended...otherwise it will be RAH...thanks again
verbal gymnastics

Any of the RAH shows are a given really - not just for the chance to meet up with some of the finest board members around (and I'll be there as well) but also because of the high likelihood of a guest appearance from friends old and new.

Southend might be of interest as it's a standing show.

I'd also definitely recommend Birmingham. It's one of - if not - my favourite venue.
History Repeats

If anyone needs, I ordered 2 tix for Royal Albert Hall, final show...got 5th row on the floor...but can't go...I'm in the states and can not make the trip

If anyone wants them, please get in touch with me

I will post in trading post as well

Cheers, fans
verbal gymnastics

Good luck with selling your tickets. It's a shame you can't make it.

I'm about to make a list of the tickets I haven't yet received yet. Which is almost all of them...!
bronxapostle

Post by bronxapostle »

History Repeats wrote:If anyone needs, I ordered 2 tix for Royal Albert Hall, final show...got 5th row on the floor...but can't go...I'm in the states and can not make the trip

Cheers, fans

whats the date on that show??? can i get a passport renewed in time? :lol:
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

You can share my Travelodge in Sidcup, BA and then I'll make you help me move furniture as we've sold our house at last !! :wink: Like VG, I'm attending multiple shows but so far only have tickets for Blackpool, Cardiff and Sheffield and I think VG has (or will have) my tickets for RAHx3 and Birmingham so I'm waiting for Bristol, Liverpool and Gateshead but think I arranged to pick the tickets up for The Sage. Just hope Mrs. Sulky doesn't throw many away in the mad rush to get packed.
I'm still toying with the idea of the Manchester and/or Milton Keynes but as you can imagine, the stress levels are a bit high and I may need to do some wangling !! :lol:
History Repeats

bronxapostle wrote:
History Repeats wrote:If anyone needs, I ordered 2 tix for Royal Albert Hall, final show...got 5th row on the floor...but can't go...I'm in the states and can not make the trip

Cheers, fans

whats the date on that show??? can i get a passport renewed in time? :lol:

Hey BA---show is June 6th....let me know---would loev to see them go to someone like you who would thoroughly enjoy---let me know
verbal gymnastics

The UK tour starts next week!

Tickets for Birmingham have been dispatched today.

Sulky - yes I am awaiting our tickets for RAH.

I have told Mrs VG that there is likely to be a glut of cards from the postmen who have waited until she's gone out and then posted a card through the letter box to say "sorry we missed you".

I shouldn't have told her because then she might have gone and got them for me and then told me how annoyed she is because of "bloody Elvis Costello" :lol:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

sulky lad wrote: I'm waiting for ... Liverpool...
yeah me too

Colin Top Balcony
verbal gymnastics

Is the rest of that sentence "to become a decent football team again"?
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

verbal gymnastics wrote:The UK tour starts next week!

Tickets for Birmingham have been dispatched today.

Sulky - yes I am awaiting our tickets for RAH.

I have told Mrs VG that there is likely to be a glut of cards from the postmen who have waited until she's gone out and then posted a card through the letter box to say "sorry we missed you".

I shouldn't have told her because then she might have gone and got them for me and then told me how annoyed she is because of "bloody Elvis Costello" :lol:
I phoned "The Ticket Factory" today, to be told the tickets had finally been printed and had surprisingly been posted today. I am waiting for RAH and Liverpool. I applied for "priority booking" on 9th Sept 2012. The irony of the company name is not lost on me.. a ticket factory without a printer! Lesson learned. Buy direct from the venue. I didn't have the will to argue after spending 15 min on hold again today.. just keep my fingers crossed now.Truly shocking how these companies can sit on your cash for 8 or 9 months when tickets are already available and have been distributed by others.