Elvis UK Tour 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
the_roofdog

Re: Elvis UK Tour 2013

Post by the_roofdog »

RAH #1 & Brighton booked. Leaving it at that. For now.
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

I'm tempted by Sheffield. My bank account is pleading with me to resist.
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Have (so far) booked Birmingham (row E), both London (arena A/E), Southend (standing - MOOT - I got a standing ticket through Ticketmaster), Brighton (row D), Canterbury (row M) and already have the rescheduled date for Basingstoke (row E).

I was surprised to get such good seats for the London shows. The row in front for Brighton showed as £116!!!
HopeYou'reHappyNow wrote:I would have loved to do Birmingham - the original date was June 9th, but it seems to have been rearranged to May 31st which means that I have to work and can't afford to take the leave. Shame.
There were 2 dates for Birmingham, the second of which (June 9th) doesn't appear to have surfaced yet. I'm looking at booking that one as well.

Keep 'em peeled...
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
sulky lad

Post by sulky lad »

Just got front row stalls for Sheffield and row D for Cardiff, will be at both Birmingham and RAH shows with VGA and Basingstoke, the rest is just a matter of speculation between me and Mrs Sulky :shock: :roll:
Goon Squad

Post by Goon Squad »

Man out of Time wrote:Can anyone throw any light on why the UK tour with 17 dates is called the 13 Revolvers tour?
13 Revolvers.jpg
Any relation to 13 steps lead down (to the auditorium)? Does this suggest that four dates will not feature the wheel?

MOOT

...........or is it just that next year is 2013 ? :wink:
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Goon Squad wrote:
Man out of Time wrote:Can anyone throw any light on why the UK tour with 17 dates is called the 13 Revolvers tour?
13 Revolvers.jpg
Any relation to 13 steps lead down (to the auditorium)? Does this suggest that four dates will not feature the wheel?

MOOT

...........or is it just that next year is 2013 ? :wink:
Hope it's not 4 bouts of "strained throat" ....

I'd actually love to see a solo show if that's the answer to the vararience

Anyway, just Liverpool for me, row F in the stalls, hope to see plenty of you there.

Colin Top Balcony
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

I never received the email re the presale so can't see how to get hold of presale tickets. Can anyone help me please?
Top balcony

Post by Top balcony »

Hi

I rang 0844 338 000 the phone line for http://www.bookingsdirect.com, just asked for the EC presale - they only have a portion of the tickets, but it worked fine for me. The email which Verbal copied earlier in the thread has hyperlinks to Tickemaster

Other details which may help :

Edinburgh Festival Theatre Box Office: 0131 529 6000
Online Sales: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk
Basingstoke The Anvil (Rescheduled Date) Box office phone: 01256 844244

Good luck

Colin Top Balcony
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Does anyone know how many tickets are put on pre sale? Is it the whole lot or just a certain amount?

Could not get a standing ticket at the Cliffs
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

That's me sorted for Edinburgh in the 4th row and Blackpool right at the aisle in the 3rd row. Last time I was at the Festival Theatre I was a Lecturer at a graduation and had to sit and applaud for 3 hours. No dancing permitted. I'm sure this will be much better than my last visit to the FT.

Will have another look on Friday at the tickets available and may go to Gateshead or Liverpool..........or London.............. :wink:

And yes, I did buy a lucky dip lottery ticket as I've got some serious gigs to go to next summer!
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I think York is standing only which may be fun! Can any of us stand up for three hours these days????
verbal gymnastics

Mikeh wrote:I think York is standing only which may be fun! Can any of us stand up for three hours these days????
Believe me Mike, it's a struggle! At Cambridge we stood for 30 minutes before the 3 hour show which was not fun for my delicate tootsies! You also run the risk of having a loon jumping and using your shoulders as a springboard (still, he was very apologetic afterwards :lol: ).

Nicola76 - come to London and book tickets whilst you an still get good ones in the arena. You've been to a lot of the shows that we Southerners didn't get to. It would be great to meet you. Natasha can provide a reference as to my credibility. Er, on second thoughts... :lol:

If I can sort out any work trips around the country around the time of the tour then who knows where I'll pop up!
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

Thanks for the info fellow fans. I've now managed to get the link sorted but am finding that the only pre sale tickets they are offering for RAH are VIP tickets at £120 each (no doubt plus admin fees). I'm waiting to hear if my friend is willing to go this route.

Has anybody managed to get decent seats without paying for VIP tickets on this presale? Maybe each venue is different? I don't want to miss out but there will be train fares and possible hotel costs on top so it all adds up. If money was no object I'd go to the whole lot, but I have to live in the real world.
Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Hope you all did well and won't be getting those overdraft letters that apparently cost the bank £30 just to type. I'm now both RAHs and Southend down in the mosh pit. My idea of heaven really, despite advancing years. Look forward to hooking up with fellow board members for a pre gig aperitif. EC knows we've paid good money, he'll put on a damn good show, unfortunately even if he buggers his voice doing it! So, only 9 months of anticipation to go then ...
Otis Westinghouse

Post by Otis Westinghouse »

verbal gymnastics wrote:Have (so far) booked Birmingham (row E). There were 2 dates for Birmingham, the second of which (June 9th) doesn't appear to have surfaced yet. I'm looking at booking that one as well.
I got as far as Row E for May 31 too, but then had to get to work for a meeting and left it, also because I favoured june 9th over May 31st, but no indication of when it will be on presale. Now indeed all seem to have sold (was thinking of Sarfend as an alternative.

Unlike your good self, and repeating what I did in the spring, I'll be only going to the one show (if that, at this rate).
There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more
Jeremy Dylan

Post by Jeremy Dylan »

13 Revolvers.jpg

MOOT
The dates are occurring in 2013.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

Mikeh wrote:I think York is standing only which may be fun! Can any of us stand up for three hours these days????
Just as I worked out my finances yesterday. After having to buy the families train tickets to a party up north this weekend, and the daughter's college fees. I worked out I could get one ticket for Southend for myself and the rest of familiy and friends could wait until payday Friday.

I was cursing that all the pre sale standing tickets had gone.

After I stopped cussing and banging this around. I came to the same conclusion perhaps I would be better sitting down after all.
Not sure the trapped nerve in my back could take 3 hours standing. The joys of being over 50. At least I can get cheap insurance with a free pen.
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

I know we are all used to the horrors of booking fees etc, but at the Liverpool Phil I just paid £2.50 to collect my tickets from the box office. How do they justify that? I'm in a curmudgeonly mood today.
verbal gymnastics

Wolverinefan wrote:Has anybody managed to get decent seats without paying for VIP tickets on this presale? Maybe each venue is different? I don't want to miss out but there will be train fares and possible hotel costs on top so it all adds up. If money was no object I'd go to the whole lot, but I have to live in the real world.
All of the tickets I have bought have been at regular prices (or an irregular £64.50 for Canterbury!).

There are some other links to presales. Try these:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/promo/03idnj

http://www.seetickets.com/Tour/Elvis-Co ... m_content=

http://tickets.ents24.com/Tour/Elvis-Co ... llopresale

Hope these help.
terryhurley

Post by terryhurley »

Wolverinefan wrote:Has anybody managed to get decent seats without paying for VIP tickets on this presale? Maybe each venue is different? I don't want to miss out but there will be train fares and possible hotel costs on top so it all adds up. If money was no object I'd go to the whole lot, but I have to live in the real world.

I got front row centre @ Brighton for regular price. Have to say I was quite surprised. This'll be my 11th EC show and the 6th time I've been front row. Hey ho!
Deportee

Post by Deportee »

Centre Row H at Colston Hall was the best I could get, despite the seating plan showing plenty available in rows A - E. Annoyingly a "Not available at this time" message came up when I tried to book them. After using Seetickets last time to pre-book and waiting til the week before the gig before receiving them, I booked directly with the Colston Hall and they arrived this morning. Top service and a good bit less additional fees - all you need is to be on their email list. Only 9 months to wait ....................................................
Partick Thistle - The Greatest Thing
sinatra57

Post by sinatra57 »

Two tickets for Southend in the balcony, I know Elvis will be standing for more than three hours but I need the comfort of a seat (row F / 5 & 4). And before my hometown date two tickets for the Festival Theatre Edinburgh in what they call the "Orchestra Stalls" (row H / 21 & 20). I am tempted by the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury as it's the last date of the tour, will shall see.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

verbal gymnastics wrote: There were 2 dates for Birmingham, the second of which (June 9th) doesn't appear to have surfaced yet. I'm looking at booking that one as well.
I was at Symphony Hall this afternoon and checked on the 9 June date. It was not on the box office booking system whilst the 31 May date is. 9 June may not be a tour date.

MOOT
verbal gymnastics

That's interesting. The 9th is listed on the website but it's not always the most accurate - for example the Canterbury show is still not shown.

I guess all will be revealed in the morning!
verbal gymnastics

verbal gymnastics wrote:That's interesting. The 9th is listed on the website but it's not always the most accurate - for example the Canterbury show is still not shown.

I guess all will be revealed in the morning!
Or not as the case is...

Elvis' website says that "Tickets on sale: to be confirmed" for the 9th June.