Elvis UK Tour 2013

Pretty self-explanatory
krm

Re: Elvis UK Tour 2013

Post by krm »

I want a euro tour! If not, I will stick to Edinburgh this time :-) .
Mikeh

Post by Mikeh »

Mrs Mike H said she might be interested!!! This will be the first time since she was deafened on the Brutal Youth tour. Mind you, I have had to endure Rod Stewart on several occasions so she owes me.
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

This is brilliant news! :D There aren't any dates down in my home town, but I'll probably do London and at least one other, somehow.

Are fans on this site offered tickets ahead of the general public? I want to get good seats, esp. as I have to travel to other towns for these concerts.
sinatra57

Post by sinatra57 »

The Cliffs Pavilion Southend has seating in a large balcony to the rear and boxes on the left and right of the hall, the downstairs seating is sometimes removed making it standing only. In 2009 I saw The Specials and Madness at the Cliffs and for both gigs the downstairs seating was removed. Having reached a certain age comfort won out and I took my seat in the balcony on both occasions.

The last time Elvis played the Cliffs was back in October 1983, before the Cliffs was made a larger venue with the addition of the balcony, when it was standing only. I would guess the seats will stay in place this time round.
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

sinatra57 wrote:The last time Elvis played the Cliffs was back in October 1983,
In case you were wondering, when Elvis last played the cities and venues that will form the UK Revolver Tour in 2013, the table below shows the answer:
Tour.png
Tour.png (48.68 KiB) Viewed 22154 times
I know that the Revolver Tour reached Newcastle Upon Tyne in May, but Newcastle and Gateshead are separate cities as any fule kno. Interesting that Elvis has not played Blackpool yet this Century. Presumably he has struggled to find a date when Peter Kaye was not already booked to appear there.

MOOT
nicola76

Post by nicola76 »

Wow, Edinburgh's Usher Hall gig was really 2005? Valentine's Day too - I remember it for crying during Good Year for the Roses. Didn't expect it, but it was like a bolt from the blue. Bumped into someone I worked with who said he saw me wiping away the tears during that one :oops: I feel no shame in that!

Looking forward to Elvis in Edinburgh again..........and maybe a few others on this tour too.
sheeptotheslaughter

Post by sheeptotheslaughter »

[quote="sinatra57"]The Cliffs Pavilion Southend has seating in a large balcony to the rear and boxes on the left and right of the hall, the downstairs seating is sometimes removed making it standing only. In 2009 I saw The Specials and Madness at the Cliffs and for both gigs the downstairs seating was removed. Having reached a certain age comfort won out and I took my seat in the balcony on both occasions.

Squeeze are playing there this year and it is standing downstairs. I must admit I'm hoping it is standing for Elvis. Although the boxes at the side would be a lovely option. The whole Sheep 'family' maybe at this so it will be hard to get so many seats together.

I would imagine if Elvis has the choice it will be standing.

Ive seen Blondie, The Zutons and The Proclaimers (might be wrong about this one though) there and it was standing, But Ray Davies, Bob Geldof and Andy Williams was seated.

I was at The Specials show too I was glad to be in the balcony on that occasion.

It might be me but I always think the Cliffs has been based on the Royal Festival Hall only smaller.
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

Wolverinefan wrote:Are fans on this site offered tickets ahead of the general public? I want to get good seats, esp. as I have to travel to other towns for these concerts.
Keep an eye on this thread, if there are any pre-sales tickets available I'm sure the relevant info will appear here.

Had to be the Spinning Songbook for Blackpool really didn't it. Russell Crowe at the RAH... Bob Carolgees at the Blackpool Opera House?
GertieAverage

Post by GertieAverage »

Paul B wrote:Any more knowledgable people than me here know which of these dates are standing venues - despite advancing years I still like to mosh it down the front.
All I know is that Liverpool and Manchester are definitely seated venues. If it's the spinning songbook again they'll probably all be seated..?

Hiya, btw, I'm new on here and not used to messageboards :-)
the_roofdog

Post by the_roofdog »

The Manchester Apollo can take the seats out. Given that they didn't do this for the 2012 Songbook gig it's unlikely they will next year though.

Hello! Welcome.
johnfoyle

Post by johnfoyle »

Welcome Gertie!
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

I'm freakin out like if these dates were in South America (maybe more)!

Seriously. It could not be more perfect.

Here I go again. See you guys in UK next year. \o/ \o/ \o/
“Between tenderness and brute force.”

Last FM
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Paul B wrote:Any more knowledgable people than me here know which of these dates are standing venues - despite advancing years I still like to mosh it down the front.
I want to know that too. In RAH shows this year I was wanting to get up and dance all the time and I only didn't do it in respect for people behind me. But this time, I'm sorry, I'm going to dance. I think I deserve it.

Last FM
verbal gymnastics

Post by verbal gymnastics »

Natasha wrote:oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god

I'm freakin out like if these dates were in South America (maybe more)!

Seriously. It could not be more perfect.

Here I go again. See you guys in UK next year. \o/ \o/ \o/
Let's hope so. :D
Who’s this kid with his mumbo jumbo?
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Glastonbury 2013 opens on june 26th. Any chance Elvis will be on the line up? What do you guys think?

Last FM
Wolverinefan

Post by Wolverinefan »

Natasha, I was wondering the same thing. EC was great at Cornbury and I'd like to see him at another outdoor event if the opportunity comes along.

Currently I'm planning to see him at Basingstoke and the Royal Albert Hall next year, but would be very tempted to go to another music festival if our man is going to be there. The thing is, EC has enough hits to get most of the crowd tapping along (well, those over 30 for sure), so he could be a great success at Glasto, provided he throws the old favourites into the mix. Which he did at Cornbury, like the wise man he is. :D
oliversa1

Post by oliversa1 »

Bring it on, I feel trips to Liverpool, Blackpool and Manchester coming on. :)
Don't Start Me Talking, I Could Talk All Night.
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

Liverpool is a must for me..I also fancy an evening in Blackpool and Royal Albert Hall would be nice, as I've never been there...Is it a special venue? I am also kind of hoping there will be more dates in mainland Europe..Amsterdam ? or anywhere in Spain...
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

The imposter wrote:Liverpool is a must for me..I also fancy an evening in Blackpool and Royal Albert Hall would be nice, as I've never been there...Is it a special venue? I am also kind of hoping there will be more dates in mainland Europe..Amsterdam ? or anywhere in Spain...
I'm hoping that too! And another certain country on the other side of Atlantic Ocean and down the Equator line would not be bad but I don't dare dream so high anymore.

And, yes, Royal Albert Hall is amazing.

Last FM
krm

Post by krm »

The imposter wrote:Liverpool is a must for me..I also fancy an evening in Blackpool and Royal Albert Hall would be nice, as I've never been there...Is it a special venue? I am also kind of hoping there will be more dates in mainland Europe..Amsterdam ? or anywhere in Spain...
anywhere in Europe would be nice!
so lacklustre

Post by so lacklustre »

Royal Albert Hall is nice to look at but has not much else going for it imo. Too many seats are too far away - only go if youi have good seats - the sound quite often leaves something to desire, and its nowhere near anywhere and awkward to get to.
signed with love and vicious kisses
Man out of Time

Post by Man out of Time »

so lacklustre wrote:Royal Albert Hall is nice to look at but has not much else going for it imo.... the sound quite often leaves something to desire
Particularly the case when Russell Crowe joins Elvis on stage I find.

MOOT
The imposter

Post by The imposter »

so lacklustre wrote:Royal Albert Hall is nice to look at but has not much else going for it imo. Too many seats are too far away - only go if youi have good seats - the sound quite often leaves something to desire, and its nowhere near anywhere and awkward to get to.
Thanks for the info I intend to buy very early this time like September is it when tickets go on sale ?
krm wrote: anywhere in Europe would be nice!
Agreed just that I fancy Amsterdam and Anywhere in Spain would be nice!
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I enjoyed the view from my seats at the stalls but I have to admit the sound is not always great (it's a classical music venue, right?).

Last FM
HopeYou'reHappyNow

Post by HopeYou'reHappyNow »

Hello fellow EC lovers,

Long-time fan here (not "first generation" as I'm a bit too young - I got into Elvis properly when Brutal Youth was released and spent the following years buying up all of his albums avidly). I've seen him four times now (which I'm well aware is nothing compared to some of you!) - the last date was Brighton, earlier this year. My first EC gig was at Birmingham Academy during the "When I Was Cruel" tour and it remains one of my favourite gigs ever.

I've been browsing this board for quite a while now, but have decided to take the plunge and start posting with you all - plus, it'd be nice to get heads up on any pre-sales for next years' dates, as I plan to go to at least three, such was my enjoyment of Brighton! When I left the concert, absolutely buzzing, I was almost kicking myself for not buying tickets for any of the other dates. I'm not going to make that mistake for next year's return.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm a genuine fan and absolutely mad for the music of DPA McManus. Any sane person with taste should be too.

All the best,

Andy. :)
"But look at yourself
You'll see you're still so young
You haven't earned the weariness
That sounds so jaded on your tongue"