Celebrity Elvis Fans

Pretty self-explanatory
laughingcrow

Celebrity Elvis Fans

Post by laughingcrow »

All this talk of the London who's who at the EC gig has made me think...

How many genuine EC celeb fans are there (UK, US whatever)...? (obvious musicians like Nick Lowe and Diana Krall don't count)

So far then, I can think of...

Gabby Roslin (after what she said in that interview)
Jonathon Ross (but he likes everything, as does Mark 'greasy lover' Lamarr)
Sarah Ferguson (well, she loved Alison...''I've always wanted to say 'Hello Sarah' :lol: )
Derek Whibley (is the singer from Sum 41, I read in a little girls mag that his favourite album was TYM and their on Island so could meet him, but he heard he's 'not a nice guy' so didn't want to spoil his image of EC)
Jo Brand and Clint Eastwood apparently...

any more posterinos???
ReadyToHearTheWorst

Post by ReadyToHearTheWorst »

At least 3 of Radiohead (including Mr Yorke) are on record as being big fans. They've been known to do I'll Wear it Proudly in concert.

Alan Bleasdale invariably finds an excuse to feature Elvis in his soundtracks (if Elvis doesn't actually write the whole thing, that is).

I must know some more, but my pit awaits ...
"I'm the Rock and Roll Scrabble champion"
selfmademug

Post by selfmademug »

Steve Buscemi was at one of the NYC shows I went to last summer, and went backstage to meet him (I know cause I had a VIP pass, but I wasn't quite as 'I' a 'P' as Mr. Buscemi!)

And there was that pic recently of Jimmy Fallon at a show, no? That figures; he's very smart and musical, to say nothing of hilarious.
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

Greg Proops (comedian)
Molly Ringwald
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

Neil LaBute
Jimmy Kimmel
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

The writersof the Simpsons I s'pose...didn't he say he was friends with Mike Scully?

Greg Proops looks like EC!!!!!
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

Jimmy Kimmel!?!?? Ouch. :evil:
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Obviously, Cave and Donan....
LessThanZero

Post by LessThanZero »

obviously.
Loving this board since before When I Was Cruel.
whtesde

Post by whtesde »

LessThanZero wrote:Jimmy Kimmel!?!?? Ouch. :evil:
Yeah. I don't pick 'em, I just report 'em.
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

Aw C'mon cut Jimmy a little slack!

And the only reason he got the gig is that Woody Allen backed out of the late night spot at the last minute!
cbartal

Post by cbartal »

And speaking of the Wood Man, I think I read somewhere that he is all but ignorant of Elvis's music. I remember Tracy (can't recall her last name) saying that when she worked with Allen, she tried, to no avail, to get the director to open his eyes to some contemporary music, Costello specifically.

Maybe North would make him a fan. Would a little clarinet solo on Still have hurt anything?
ice nine

Post by ice nine »

I remember several years ago watching 'The Arsenio Hall Show' and one of his guest was Mayim Balik(?), the actress who played Blossom. Arsenio asked what artist she liked and she said Elvis. Arsenio had no idea who he was.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think that you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
- M. Twain
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Who in the wangdoodle is Jimmy Kimmel?
Who Shot Sam?

Post by Who Shot Sam? »

laughingcrow wrote:Who in the wangdoodle is Jimmy Kimmel?
Late night talk show host here in the States, well behind Letterman and *ugh* Jay Leno. Used to have a rather crude half-hour show on Comedy Central called "The Man Show," sort of like a TV version of Maxim or FHM, but more tongue in cheek.

I know I'm not supposed to say so, but I actually think he's pretty funny in his late night incarnation.
Mother, Moose-Hunter, Maverick
pip_52

Post by pip_52 »

and Paul Rudd
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

I heard that Sophie Ellis Bextor never goes anywhere without her EC CD's.
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Really? Wow..I doubt it's mutual.

He's probably a bigger fan of her mum...so that's why he was holding that Blue Peter album!
bobster

Post by bobster »

Adam Goldberg (hence his presense in his upcoming directorial debut "I Love Your Work")

All of "Spinal Tap", probably. Definitely Harry Shearer (the voice of 1/3 of the Simpsons characters including Mr. Burns and the host of a radio show where he plays lots of Elvis, Nick, Squeeze, when he's not doing political satire) and Chris Guest, who's come with wife Jamie Lee Curtis to shows. (She supported Arnold in the election...no accounting for taste!!!)

I'm assuming by Cave and Donan was meant "Dave and Conan"

Sophia Coppolla (not only is PLU in "Lost in Translation" but "Miracle Man" precedes one of her very badly acted big scenes in "Godfather III" -- coincidence, I think not!)

Re: Jimmy Kimmel -- this really belongs more in the celebrity encounters section, but his much funnier "Man Show" partner, Adam Corrolla recently given the world's least happy "thumbs up" when he stopped his car to let me walk by and he saw me do a double take. Sort of typically, "yeah, yeah, you recognize me, and I appreciate it, but we're all gonna die anyway and I'm late." If you doubt that Corrolla is a comic genius who's yet to find his perfect format, you obviously haven't heard one of his better stream of consciousness impromptu rants on garbage collectors or stupid teens that he gives from time to time on "Love Line."
http://www.forwardtoyesterday.com -- Where "hopelessly dated" is a compliment!
laughingcrow

Post by laughingcrow »

Conan the barbarian is an EC fan? Wow!

Harry Shearer = genius!
miss buenos aires

Post by miss buenos aires »

bobster wrote:Adam Goldberg (hence his presence in his upcoming directorial debut "I Love Your Work")
Adam Goldberg is the guy I saw with Christina Ricci at the Town Hall show. So, um, there you go.